Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 01:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 153/142/130 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:24%/24%/20%
Progress: 48%
Default Students And Teens

there's a whole thread on here for us...college, highschool, jr high, all of us!!!!! i think we should ban together and support eachother more on there....we live different lifestyles then a lot of the people here...we also have different goals...we should get in there and use it...work it...own it. the main threads are incredibly helpful also, tons of great tips...its nice to talk to people who specifically know whats going on in our lives though...

just thought id let everyone know. im new here also and the stuff on that thread has been helpful but people don't post very often so maybe we can get a new generation of younger LC'ers building bridges and making friends...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 01:55

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%

Yeah its a bit of a dead area I must admit, but the problem is the repeativeness of any issue suitably 'youth' enough. e.g 'living on campus is so hard!'.

However, there are some real gems there you are right.

I don't know how well you've checked this website out but the Protein Power board has a daily 'check in thread' where ppl seem to just talk about their lives, their menues, their progress, their issues etc. We could start something like that in the student board? A new thread each day or so labelled 'check in for DATE' to keep it freash and active. Ppl might post more cos of the conversational setting, rather then thinking 'do I really want to start a thread with strangers about X?'

I just don't know if there is any interest. THere have to be more young low-carbers out their looking for conversatoin!!

Anyway, this can be a bit of a is there any interest thread. If there is interest, post.