Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-20, 17:45

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

JAZ!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE!!!

Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-20, 17:51

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hope it was a great birthday Jaz!! Your dinner sure looked wonderful!
  #108   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-20, 18:12

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Happy Birthday!!
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-20, 19:58

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG a wonderful evening! And dinner was paid for to boot. Not intentional. So I went to my fish grill...... The bartender was so happy to see me. I haven't been there since New Years eve.... Anyway I told her it was my birthday and I was happy to share it with her, as I like her so much. She got me my wine of course, (on the house). But the lady and her husband sitting next to me ask me if it was my birthday. I said yes- Come to find out she is the director of volunteer services at the hospital I am at.
So she and I just hit it off swapping stories and I was listening and taking it all in. Then her best friends showed up. She introduced me to another couple (female)- they were lovely as well. Anyway the 4 of them just sorta took me in and we had a great evening of laughs.

They got me a scoop of ice cream with a candle and sang happy birthday and it was so sweet. I had two TINY bites and YUMMED it up they didn't notice I tossed my napkin on it and shoved it in the corner and kept right on talking. Not even a full spoonful- but it was a sweet gesture.

Anyway they picked up my dinner bill. Plus she ask me if I would go furniture shopping with her Saturday , and she wanted to take me to lunch in Salisbury. OK SURE!!!!- We swapped numbers and have a lunch date Saturday! SWEET She said there is a little island she wants to show me. I know where her office is in the hospital as well I have passed it a million times! Very cool.

Anyway I am back to the condo and unwinding and in jammies now and just taking in how sweet the evening was. To be away in a foriegn city and made to feel so welcome was just so well..... AWESOME.

Anyway, I need to find something for tomorrow- I am outta food now except stuff in my freezer. I have shrimp, and crab, and pork. But I need to fix it some how and I am not in a mood right now to cook. I will this weekend- but working days are rough, I get back late. I hate eating late. I read another article still about intermitted fasting. It IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!

Anyway wanted to check in.
Personals in am- this was a free style writing post.

I am so lucky to have made such good friends, in the last couple years. It does not come as easy the older we get.
My gal pals in Atlanta gave me funny texts all day and called me old! Love those bitches! HAHAHAHAHAH

You all too! Thank you for being here! what we have is special!
NITE- need beauty sleep- now another year has settled into the bags of my eyeballs. HAHAHA
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-20, 21:17

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals!

I’ve SO missed you guys. But I’ve caught up on posts and am going to jump back in on my bashed up laptop—-haven’t had time to get to Best Buy. But, HELLO, I’m doing it in pages and will copy and paste. I forget to continuously save when on thread w/my buggy damaged lap top, so this takes care of that.

Jazzer—-HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!! No emojis on pages, trying to make up for it w/exclamation points.

Your birthday dinner looked so yummy. You DO take good care of yourself. You find the joy where you’re at—-new city, temporary home, no time for close pals, no guarantee of a birthday party unless you make it for yourself, AND enjoy it. And you did just that as far as I can tell. And as I know you, you can take a sow’s ear and make it velvet for yourself. Such a great talent, pal.

In your next year, I wish you the karmic tilt I think you so deserve, don’t know how else to say it. I wish you a new coming—-a fresh new path, a world where your talents are appreciated and you can once again, believe in yourself, know your worth, because you are given the time and space to do so, because you have earned it hard.

Do understand your daughter missing you and your availability to help her, and feel for her for that loss. But what she might not understand is that you need to make it on your own, or it will be HER problem. Right?!

Trig—Oh, I hate the winter thing for you. I wish you could find some relief. Don’t know what that would look like for you. Do you think you have SADD? Some help available for this. Or do you think you just freaking hate winter and that’s not going away till you go away from it? LOL. I REALLY DO get that. Sometimes, like it or not, life is a waiting game.

Nic—You have inspired me to begin a mini declutter. Even though it’s been just over a year here, there’s stuff that needs to go! I’m starting with my bedroom closet, which is actually quite large, very long w/two long and very generous shelves, and I’ve filled those shelves to the max, and it’s buggin’ me.

I have really enjoyed reading about your “lightening up” adventures. And it IS kind of a small adventure. Involves discoveries, memories, decisions and happy endings—-as in bye bye, time for you “dear thing” to travel on.

Lori—-You lucky ducky out there in the east, along w/Nic. I’m hearing you are having a mild winter w/an interruption of YUCK now and then. I love this for you as I am hearing you pick up your speed doing the things you love.

Y’know, what I hear about you, is that you love to challenge yourself physically. And, I am quite in awe how very little you complained about not being able to golf because of your injured shoulder—-thought not being able to golf would put you down a lot more than it did. Well…if it did or does, you sure don’t concentrate on it, or make it what you're all about, but rather have found new outlets. BRAVO.

———————————————————————————————————————

We had such a wonderful time w/our son, and I get very protective of that time. When he’s here, everything else takes second place. We must make our visits concentrated, as in like, lots of particles per part of family love in a short time. And that strengthens our little family all around, and that is my gold.

SO MUCH going on right now in my mind. I am in a “Passage.” Those of you who have read or are familiar w/Gail Sheehy (dated reference, I know, but one worth it for the idea of a “passage”---those times in life that you have no choice but to see all the cards thrown up in the air with the "ask" that you catch and arrange them again, in a way that works for you, best as you can.

And I have come to realize that my woe is not on my big priorities list right now. And yet, at the same time, it IS important to me. I’m just not sure about my best woe forward path right now, and I think that is part of all of our travels over these years, and always will be. I think I know parts of it, but other parts have changed in me, in ways I won’t bore you w/right now.

Hey, I’m waiting to see what evolves for me, but no matter what that is, it WILL be LC based, as there is no forgetting everything I’ve learned about that. But yeah, I’ll be honest to say I am struggling right now w/the LC woe as I have done it before, and trying to find a path that works for me in a consistent way NOW.

What I’m NOT struggling w/is my need to be part of this thread, because no matter what, it always reminds me, I DO need a plan, and I DO need you guys, as whatever our paths or results, we share the knowledge that we can't just go hog wild and have eat whatever we want life.

I DO need to not to eat sloppily and w/out care, and I DO need to not fall back into carb addiction. How to do that for right now for me, is not as clear as I'd like it to be, but it IS a discipline I must ALWAYS find. One that works for me for where I'm at, at the time. Because I have learned, what works sometimes stops working, and you gotta shake it up, shake up the way you look at it, keep exploring the ways you might just find your sweet zone again.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Jan-15-20 at 23:54.
  #111   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 05:55

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning all!

Blue- Awesome to see you back and with a juicy post to boot! Thank you for the kind birthday wish! It is kinda odd to think where one will be at any given time. I was walking the pup this morning in the quietness of the early morning- 530, and wondered where I will be this time next year.
I really hear ya on focusing on your son when he is home! That is what you should do! Did you have a great time?

I really get you on Passages. I should read that book. I think it was very progressive for it's time. Dang- didn't that come out in the 60's? I remember the cover of it was in colors - sorta hippie style. I also remember it was VERY controversial. Today it most likely wouldn't raise an eyebrow. But back in the day.................

I feel ya on the WOE! I do hope you don't give up. I do struggle with you on it. Our struggles are a bit different, but there just the same. For you I see you making the best of the choices but not super strict and being ok with it.
For me- I am just flat not losing anything and not chowing down, or going off plan. So I dunno- I share frustration!!!! I am not tossing in the towel because I could easy gain MORE WEIGHT! Sigh..... It is so hard! But I do agree we need to find the spot that works and we can live with. We won't stick to anything that is not long term livable. We just need to find it.

So are you getting a new computer/ laptop? Just curious.
Glad you are back. I sure hope you know we love you here regardless!

Trig- I am hoping you are doing ok........ I know you struggle without your sunshine! 8 weeks and counting. I think it's cool you are shopping your closet now and getting into clothes you haven't for awhile! You have so earned it!
You just keep on keeping on- one day at a time! Think about being that beach babe in cute shorts! Not far off!!!!

Lori- I know we have been blessed with a mild winter! Nic too!!!! You really take advantage of it. You are one that reminds me of the Olay commercial. I am paraphrasing: "We are not going going into to old age gracefully- we are kicking and screaming every step of the way!" I sure see that in you- with a rocking body! You inspire me!

NIC-Can you believe we are into half the school year? Wow. Is your DS saying anything about collage yet? Has he already taken his SAT's? Does he get a Spring break?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Finishing my last cup of coffee and a quick check of my email and I gotta hit the floors running again. I can definitely say that th emend surge floor is the armpit of the hospital. OMG- the SMELL....... I know that is not right of me to say, except I am super sensitive to smells. Trust me when I tell you that yesterday in the back hall I wore a mask- I really did. I was ready to heave.
How I ever got through nursing is beyond me. But I have also specialized in a speciality and not a generalized floor nurse. My first 10 years was spent in Labor and delivery- the last 10 years have been as management, diabetic, and case management. I have been blessed in that.

Anyway- time to go.
Thanks everyone for making my b-day special!!!!!-

Have a good one all
  #112   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 06:28

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz....I loved reading about your birthday out at the Fish Grill. Sounds like the people there are so nice for the most part. How great that you made some new friends and have weekend plans too! It's great to make friends wherever you go. I can only imagine where you will be and what you'll be doing next year. It's very exciting! I love following along with your adventures.

Trig....hope you are feeling a bit better today. These winter days can really get us down. Today it is so freakin' windy here. Nothing much I hate worse than a cold wind. Brrrr...... Weather forecast isn't looking great either. Saturday is snow/ice/rain and then the cold weather sets in. Guess our luck has run out.

Blue...so great to see a nice big post from you! Made my morning! I know you were sad to see your son head back to CA. Those visits are precious. When do you head for Mexico? I forget the details....going with SIL/BIL? I remember you had to get your passport expedited...did that work out ok? I just got my new passport yesterday, so I'm set for 10 years.

Yes, there are many versions and degrees of LC eating. We all just have to find our sweet spots....where we can enjoy life & feel good.

Nic.....hope DS18 had a good day with the mid-terms. It sounds like he has a good handle on all of it. How was shopping with DS21? Hope he found what he had in mind.

Scale going down.....excellent!
-------
Yesterday I did a couple mile slog on the treadmill at the gym and then went to restorative yoga. I am really learning to let go and relax and enjoy just being. I think it is helping my sleep too.

Today is an off day as far as exercise. I have some errands to run and have a haircut appt. at 1. Our bug man comes at 3 to spray for critters...though I haven't seen any for a long time. They come every 3 months for maintenance.

I'm enjoying a slow morning, doing some laundry and then I'll pull myself together later.

Have a happy day!
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 07:09

BF:

Good morning Friends!

Jaz- Your birthday dinner sounds absolutely fabulous! I'm happy for you! And when you go to Salisbury (you are talking about the Salisbury in MD near Ocean City, right?) that is potentially where DS18 will go to college. One of 3, possibly 4 options for him!

DS18 is finished with the SAT as of last year. He has 4 college acceptances and waiting to hear on one more. Then we will let him revisit them so he can decide.

Spring Break: DD, DS18 and I are going on a cruise in April. Hoping to look decent in my swimsuit by then!

Blue- Glad I am giving you a bit of motivation. It feels good to lighten up, doesn't it?

I hear ya on the WOE. Lord knows I have been unsure from time to time about how to go about things and more often than now last year. This year I am in a good groove of really wanting to get this weight off of me. I have let it go too long. We're with you while you work through what you want to do! You've been through a lot of changes with moving and work and so forth so I can definitely see that you are going through Passages!

Super glad you had such a great time with your son!

Lori- You have sounded so at peace lately and just happy in your life. I think you have found a really nice balance and it makes me happy for you.

••••••••

Super gusty windy today- dang! Cold is coming too with snow and sleet expected on Saturday. No school Friday or Monday so we can sort of hunker down a bit.

I am having one of those weeks in which I have trouble remembering what day of the week it is. DS18 is in and out of school for two hours here, two hours there while finishing up his midterms. Actually, he completed them yesterday THANK GOD! He seemed to think that none of them went particularly badly and that most of them went relatively well, so that is great. What that means, my friends, is that the first half of his senior year is officially LOCKED IN. Now we just have to get him in cruise control for the second half, remind him to keep out of trouble and just maintain for four more months. Then he is FINISHED!

Nice time with DS21 yesterday. First we looked through his closet. His first need is chinos- he pretty much has worn through most of his. We ordered him several pairs of chinos and dress shirts through Amazon Prime Wardrobe, which should come very soon. He can try things on and see what he wants to keep. Then we went and got him a pair of brown dress shoes from DSW. I had a coupon and so he got them for around 70 bucks. Great deal, although he was shocked anyway. Then we stopped in at Marshalls and he got himself a couple of just casual long sleeve waffle shirts- four bucks a piece. We went out to lunch after that and I will brag on myself- I got a great on plan lunch! 18 bucks got me a mozzarella and tomato side salad, roasted asparagus and tri-tip with garlic butter. It was YUM. I ate about half, and then when I came home DS18 gave me puppy dog eyes and I let him eat the rest.

DS18 then went to bed and slept for like 3 hours or more. His schedule is so whacked out lately. But he is also doing better in school than he has in all of high school, so it is clearly working for him. DS21 went on a double date with his GF, DD24 and SoIL. How cute is that?? DS21 had a Groupon so they paid only about 20 dollars per couple. I tell ya, that boy is such a money manager!

Today will be a good day. I will get the ribs in to slow cook around 1, then I have my exercise class at 2. I'll do that plus the elliptical, eat an early dinner and then have a home visit for CASA tonight. I also plan to declutter a bit more in the kitchen. Migrating around the first floor, a bit at a time! I also need to put the boxes out for Purple Heart tonight as they will be coming to pick them up tomorrow. I will be glad to get all that out of my living room!
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 07:29

BF:

Jaz I loved reading about the new people you met and chatted! You are so bubbly and draw people to you very cool. So happy you had fun!

your time is flying by on your job I bet. I am surprised 1/2 of Jan is gone and my sights are on Feb. now HA then windy March and your time is done there. Then April and into great summer weather.....yea you can tell where my mind is at..

Lori enjoy that slow good morning...they are nice aren't they? House quiet, no where to 'have to' be right away and you can relax the morn away!

Bug guys are so needed right LOL

Sorry your weather is gonna change bad for you. So far we are icky and rainy and damp and SO FOGGY it is spooky....but that bad North weather we rarely ever get like you guys. Hold strong, my wishing for early spring will help you up there also

Blue, you are in a passage, a transition phase. It can drive ya bonkers, it did me when we shut down the big farm biz and changed alot of our lifestyle. All you can do is walk thru it as it has to be done. You will find your new home to settle and be fine with all that you do change. At least you see it and know it and will roll with it so that is good.

Support ya all the time with your eating. BUT remember one thing and I will always tell you this cause we made a pact long long long long ago.....WE WILL NEVER GO BACK! You watch you and don't give yourself too much leeway, cause hell I just had to lose 25 lbs of re-gained madness and it sucks rocks...let me tell ya!!! Don't pull a ME please
But you know LC is the place to be so you will do better than I did while 'vegetating' a bit about how to eat and what we want out of it and all....your right of passage will happen and you will come out the other side smiling strong!!

Nicco....wow....I hear it in you. I hear the sound of indepence as you need it, that sound of a job well done on your kids and raising them into great adults, that sound of satisfaction, that gung ho drive to change up the house a bit with declutter and more to make room for your next adventures! Out with the old and in with the new...love it. You are so perky right now and I am just happy for you and your family!!

tri-tip with garlic butter.....uh, yea, I am all in on that LOL sounds delish!!

Hey all

So we are all doing well and thriving. All at different levels of change and doing what we must to make it all work for us. Love love love it.
I think we all will have a great new year!

Like the new year brought such new adventures and learning for us all.
COOL

All good here. Must must must find good meat sales. After the big Xmas holiday time most of the good sales aren't out there on my meat and seafood. Patiently waiting to buy big and fill my freezer again

I woke up 'unclogged'. My ear is unclogged finally....my neck pain has gone from that weirdo thing I get from sinus and I am more alive right now HAHA

So yea that helps me but darn if it ain't chilly and damp and icky still...but sun is to come they say so that helps me.

Boring day for me and that is fine. Didn't sleep well last night. Hubby snoring and me just blah and not sleepy but sleepy.....ya'll know....one of those nights.

Do some junk around here and call it a day mostly.
Hubby to take MIL to Dr for who knows what this trip. She got a back brace for her small fracture they say on the scan and she is better in that brace so...will still see where all this goes.

So got up around 4 am and let the dog out and the fog was insane. I got that creepy 'the fog' movie in my mind now...what is up with this fog LOL it is creeping me out! Hate driving in it also...ugh...it needs to go now!

So far so good...today is a lb. ribeye steak when hungry right off the bat and then I am thinking shrimp or bacon later? hmm...a ton of shrimp or just eat a full lb. pack of bacon...oh my, decisions decisions HAHA

great day all
  #115   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 08:36

BF:

Man you have had a lot of gray drizzle and fog there, haven't you Trig? Hopefully your sun comes out today as ours has.

VERY glad you are feeling unclogged and better. I hope it stays for a good long while!

I agree that we are on a good track this year with WOEs and positive change and so forth. Looking forward to a good DECADE!
  #116   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 08:37

BF:

You guys!! I know you will celebrate this with me. DS18 just came in and showed me his Midterm grades. He got two As and two Bs (87s) on his midterms! And then he looked up his grades for the quarter and he is getting at least a 4.0, maybe as high as a 4.2! I cannot even believe this kid this academic year. I could tell he was so pleased with himself and proud too, even though he didn't say that. His midyear grades will be sent to all of his colleges.. who knows, he may get some extra scholarship money coming his way!

I am so proud of him. His sleeping hours may be utterly whacked out but maybe what he is doing is what is best for his ADD brain to take information and process it. All I know is that it is working for him! WHOO HOO! This has been a great year for him so far in every way.
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 13:29

BF:

Nic!!! How awesome is your son??!! What a great senior year he is having. You must feel so good knowing that you stepped back to let him handle it and he is doing great. Congrats all around!
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 17:57

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Big congrats to T, and also to you for making adjustments in how you approached the issue of school w/him. You must have gauged it pretty well, because it sure has worked. And the thing is, once they get the feeling of that pride in their grades, it tends to stick w/them. Hard to convince a kid that working harder at school is much more fun than not, but now he's there. He has had many rewards, from several schools to choose from, possibly some scholarship money, and a VERY HAPPY mama! Not to mention his confidence in himself, as they say---priceless.

Agree w/Trig, you sound SO good. Seems the combo of being back on plan and doing some exercise has really perked you up. Good reminder for me, we actually really do FEEL BETTER, mentally as well as physically when eat on plan and move the bod a bit. And that good feeling seems to spread itself over everything. Can't wait to hear how much you've lost when you're ready to share.

Jaz---Yeah, wow, the time really does seem to be flying on this job of yours. Seems it was just yesterday you were climbing the stairs a million times unpacking. What are some of the places you're considering for your next gig?

Hugs to you girl for your commitment to plan, often without the rewards of weight loss. I don't get why that is for you, although your age tells me menopause may have something to do w/it. Do your clothes feel different? Sometimes I think the scale doesn't know what's really going on. I can be the same weight I was off plan and after a week on plan, even w/no loss, my clothes absolutely loosen up.

I'm sure you've read those "Why am I not losing on LC?" articles. There's several out there and some of them have interesting things to say---things I wouldn't have thought of. So if you haven't, check it out, might be some valuable tips or new things to try.

Trig---Oh yeah, I'm still in on that pact! Although I too have "gone back" a bit now and then, and specifically now, LOL. Have lost the same 10 to 20 lbs I've gained back about 3 times over now. This time I'm 10 lbs up from last summer when I was in the sweet zone. Funny/good thing is, that was true in early December, and it still is. Haven't gained anymore. I think that's because although I haven't been on plan regularly at all, I also haven't been eating that much most of the time.

Still, I need to lose this 10. Absolutely. Hoped it would be gone by the time we go to Cabos, but that's not going to happen. But maybe 5, which is what I'm shooting for now.

Haha, yeah the fog can really spook one. So weird when you can't see 5 feet in front of you. Where are your temps these days? When does your beloved spring show up in NC? I'm sure it's weeks and weeks before it shows up here.

Lori---So now that you've been away from boot camp for a good while, how do you think your new regime differs for your body? Do you miss any of the benefits of boot camp? Or do you feel your new regime is better suited for you now? I'm always curious about how different exercise effects people. I know I could never do what I used to do when I was deep in it, but my needs have changed too.

When my son was here he set me up so I can get youtube workouts on the TV, don't have to futz w/CDs. I have gotten as far as bookmarking 3 I'm going to start doing---lololololol, it's a long process for me to actually start doing it!

Have a Leslie easy walking one, a floor pilates one, and just a good stretch video. I have to be careful here, no jumping around in deference to those who live below me. Also, have a date w/hubby for this weekend---big blizzard due here---and if we're snowed in we're going up to the work out room so he can show me how to work the elliptical. (He's been trying to get me to do this for months.) I'm hoping if I can mix up some different 20 to 30 minute work outs w/a goal of doing it 4 to 5 times a week, I'll be work out girl again.

And y'know Lori, and y'all, I have a feeling that once I get going w/this, my woe will improve greatly. Something about making that physical effort just makes saying no to treats a whole lot easier. You just feel happy you did it, and you know you feel better, and it's just not as sexy to then nip into the naughty stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, couple of days here w/no obligations to be anywhere or do anything. Of course that doesn't mean I'm not doing anything, but rather I'm doing what I want when I want to. Ahhhhhh, I'm telling you it feels as good as a massage to me.

Today I ran a few errands I chose because I wanted some stuff for my projects. Then I came home and spot cleaned our living room rug---big spots, LOL. We hate our carpeting. The color is fine, a nice neutral sand color, but look at it cross wise and it's dirty. We are exploring replacing it w/a nice flat weave deeper toned neutral. Think it might be worth the investment for us. As it is must spot clean w/Resolve every month or so, and I hate to even think about the chemical content of that stuff, by the smell of it, but it's the only thing that really works fast and relatively easy.

I'm ending up doing an OMAD today. Just happened comfortably. Love that. So what I'm thinking is to choose each day, according to how I feel, whether it will be an OMAD, or eating window day, or both. I'm also looking hard at how MUCH I eat, LC or not. NO diet, NO calorie counting, other than what my common sense and long ago learned stats on foods tell me. Inching my way along w/this as I begin to cobble together whatever my new sweet zone will be.

Was thinking today that part of my problem has been I just haven't had a long enough runway to take off. By which I mean I need the space to get the mojo going w/out all kinds of social distractions and an endless parade of good but no no foods constantly in front of me. Once I get in my zone, I can handle the temptations, but I need to build the investment to get to that zone. Here's hoping I'm on my way!

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Jan-16-20 at 18:05.
  #119   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-20, 05:40

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling a little blah this morning....I hope that changes as I have some working out to do today. I'm heading to the gym around 9 to do a run on the treadmill and then a classical yoga class.

Blue...I guess I do miss boot camp a bit, but don't miss the constant muscle soreness. I swear I was sore for the entire 5 years I did boot camp! I'm actually not sure I could still do it without injuring myself. They have a class this coming Sunday at the gym called PiYo live....I've heard that's it's quite difficult. I'm a little chicken to try it. I may just hibernate this weekend as it's supposed to snow/ice Saturday most of the day.

It's great that your son got you set up to do Youtube videos on the TV. We don't have a smart TV, so that won't work for me. We have a big flat screen, but it's dumb.

I got all the paperwork for my new part-time job. She said I can start whenever my schedule allows. I was thinking about going in this afternoon, but DH said he knows the director has a meeting at 2, so that won't work. I guess I'll just wait until next week. She has created this job just for me. The title is "Staff Accountant". Sounds official, right? It calls for 8-12 hours a week, but hours can be whenever I want them....even in the evening if I want as I'll have an office key. It'll be a while until I would go in and work when she's not there, as I have to learn the software & procedures. Fingers crossed that it goes well and that I enjoy it. Might as well stimulate my brain and make a little pocket change.

I need another cup of coffee to get me started. Have a good Friday!
  #120   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-20, 05:54

BF:

Nicco, super congrats for DS18!!

and all that worry you made for yourself...all those extra frown worry lines for nothing HAHAHA He's doing so great