Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-20, 22:00

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I hope you ladies don't get too sick over here. Take vitamin C that always helps.
Hope y'all feel better!!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-20, 04:40

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Doing my best to fight off this "bug". Throat feels a little thick this morning, but not sore. Slept like a log and no headache so far this morning. I took 2 AdvilPM tablets and went to bed just after 8:30 last night. I am using a saline mist nasal spray to keep my nose clear. I'm also chewing Umcka tablets 3 times a day. This is my first time trying them....supposed to help fight off the crud. We'll see.

Today I'm supposed to go into my new job after 1 o'clock. I think I'll feel well enough. I'll only be there a couple hours. If I start to have a lot of symptoms or feel unwell, I'll call and cancel. Sure don't want to spread anything around. Amazingly, I don't feel too bad this morning. Fingers crossed.

Blue.....hope you can kick your lurgy by the weekend. Lots of sleep and liquids are the best thing. Lurgy is the word my friend from England uses for the winter time crap we all seem to get.

Jaz....hope you had a good night's sleep and feel better today. Hope you'll feel ok for your weekend plans.

Nic....congrats on 21 days solidly on plan! Woohoo! I need some of your mojo right now. I've had 2 days of eating with abandon and it's got to stop. I'm going to liquid fast most of today....lots of hot tea etc. I'll eat something light before I go to work.

Trig....is DD feeling better? I hope she isn't down for the count. Oh yeah....point her toward the kitchen and say have at it! Sounds like you gave her lots of options for food.....just nothing sounded good. Of course, french fries are always good!

I'm going to take it easy this morning and then go to the office for a couple hours. I'll be back later and let you know how it went.

Take care everyone!
  #168   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-20, 04:45

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Thanks Meme......sounds like a few are going down with some crud. Hope you are doing ok! Seems to be the winter bug crud going around, ugh.

Blue....ewww….sorry you got nailed. Down for the count and hope you take enough OTC drugs to knock out those symptoms fast and feel more human!! Sending fast recovery vibes to you!!

Nicco, boy do I wish she liked some frozen meals. I mean a few of the things out there aren't all that bad for a fast bite but she is not a frozen meal kinda gal.....I know what she always wants, eating out. Fast food from wherever. In fact she won't eat my cheeseburgers I make at home cause she said they don't taste like McDs. ugh ya know HAHA Yea the 'snack pantry' you had me laughing now cause I can't keep up with kid either. One day I buy something she likes it, I buy it again and like 1 thing is eaten out of the pack and left to rot and I say, ya gonna ever eat those and it is nope, I am sick of them. ugh. and them snacks ain't cheap LOL Hey you were lucky to get your kid to buy his own for a bit....I plead with my kid to come to the store sometimes to buy food she wants. Nope. Even while in a store I say pick what you want for dinner....crickets. Nope. She just expects me to feed her good and be a mind reader on what she wants ahhh, college is looming, she is gonna be one to the get paid in full cafeteria card and never cook a thing, I see it now HAHA

Lori.....wow you too? Clogged up ears and possible sore throat? This winter has now dragged in some bug floating around out there. Take the drugs ya need to fight it all

You heading into work today? Very cool, let us know how it goes down and if it seems like it will be not that bad for ya!

Jaz are they dropping like flies still around your place? everyone getting some kind of crud?

Your week is almost over, it will be 'another one bites the dust', your countdown is happening for ya!!

hey all
Like Lori, I woke up with 1 clogged ear. Pain/soreness up the back of one side of my neck where the clogged ear is LOL Sinus for me. Typical day. Took 2 sinus pills, should kick in and I will clear up a bit......I do feel a bit icky, not sick sick at all, just that super blah, sluggy tired for all the winter reasons I hate and I am friggin' freezing. You know when you get those super cold hands you can't warm up kinda thing but I got the fireplace going right now and it is toasting up the house so that helps a lot.

Off to mom's today depending on how she feels when I call her later. She hates the cold to and really doesn't want to go out in it.....heck at near 92 she has so little fat and muscle left on her that cold just freezes her big time.

But I am sure she will want to hit the grocery so my day is visit/shop up there and home to hibernate mostly. Will pick up FOOD on the way home for the kid. I don't know, whatever fast food joint does not have a friggin' line to the curb and is backed up. I tell ya around here fast food joints are packed like crazy. I guess no one ever packs a lunch or cooks anymore HAHA

Hubby went off at 5am to drive a car a far distance to some dealership. Not sure on his work day, will chat up later.

MIL is home now. She got signed out late yesterday, improving, etc but sick kinda, you know, and I will call and check on her later today. hubby got her all set up at home good. She says she will be fine.

Other than that just freezing my body parts off here and getting my butt thru winter best I can
  #169   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-20, 05:57

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG- This thread had better not go down! NO!!!!- We don't even live in the same areas but I tell ya the FLU bug is rampant here!

MEME- you are right!!!!- we need to Vitamin up!!!!- NICE to see you again! I still wanna hear your story. I could look you up if you have journal here. But I am too lazy and want it spoon-fed!

Lori- Hoping you just had sinus thing. You are a tough cookie!
I wouldn't got in either if you are feeling punk! DRINK your water!!!! Tea whatever!
Funny you telling BLUE the work for crud here is Lurgy. What a word!
Get better! Do you do shakes when you are liquid diet or broth?

BLUE- You are next in line for the fell better speech! Seriously, would you still host people sick? How, crappy to get sick NOW! Not that it is ever a good time! Keep us posted!!!!

NEXT- TRIG- CRUD update at your house??!!!- Dang!!!! I do know that the incubation period is about 5 day on this thing. Lysol!!! I use them all the time, the wipes!
Update us!

NIC- Tell me your ok, no large in your house! HAHA - You are going strong! Are you back at wearing your watch and eating less? 21 days on plan! How much have you lost? I am thinking about getting one of those watches! How is your week going?
-------------------------------------------------
I am crossing my fingers that all you ladies feel better and I don't come down with anything. I am bathing in hand sanitizer!!!! The flu is still going around the hospital like mad! Lets not forget all the sick people coming in. We have FLU alert signs- but people are coming in sick anyway. It is my least favorite time of year!!!!!!!

Ready to be over this - cold, flu, cold, gray - ready for spring!
Perk up TRIG- 7 weeks till Spring!
I have 7 weeks and 2 days! - Yesterday actually wasn't half bad. I was walking most of the day up and down the halls. I was wondering how many steps I got in yesterday! Did the steps twice as well.

I have to share something SWEET. So I went in to talk to this elderly lady. She is small frail and ill. Anyway- I ask her if she has pets. Her entire face lit up and she said you want to hear a funny story. Sure! So this is what she said:
"About 20 years ago I had a parrot. The kids wanted it, then left it to me. The bird never spoke for years and years, it would only squack and scream. One day I had enough and took the bird to the living room so I could get peace. After awhile I went to vacuum the living room where the bird was. It started to scream. (HER FACE IS ALMOST GIGGLING)- I turned off the vacuum and scream "SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!- The bird going forward only said that phrase. It got so bad whenever company came over I had to cover the bird because she would interrupt people SQUACKING - Shut the .... UP!!!!

OMG I was rolling............ That story made my day. She wasn't joking either. I can't make this up! That lady made my day. So in my mind......... I would smile and think of that bird.... when grouch face appeared! Speaking of - she was SLIGHTLY better to work with yesterday. I have one more day of working with her this week. Tomorrow I will be on a different floor.

I am over over over eating. I was feeling bloaty and full yesterday. I didn't even eat that much. But I had cauliflower and it made me Bloaty. URGHHHHHHH- I know TRIG- could have / should have.....

Gotta run........Moved my date until Friday......I still dunno about it. he is texting me now. HUmmmmmmmm- my fault.
  #170   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-20, 07:23

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

YIKES and HUGS to you all not feeling well. Blue, I hope you are able to rest your way into wellness before your friend arrives. What crummy timing. Sending you all the get well vibes!!

Lori- I hope you feel better too. Sounds like (fingers crossed!) that may be the case. I like that word, 'lurgy.' I looked up the pronunciation so I can try using it now and again.

Thanks for the get well vibes Meme! Seems our crew needs them!

Trig- I really feel for you with those super cold hands and bones-cold feelings. I had that when I had dropped the weight quickly and I gotta say, it was literally miserable. I am in a bit of fear of it happening again. The cold felt unbearable during that period of time. I hope you feel better soon too. Does this sinus thing clear up in the spring or do you have it through spring as well?

Jaz- Really funny story about the parrot! I would have been laughing too! There was a funny video circulating recently on FB about a guy who had the police come to his house because his parrot was screaming "Help! Let me out!" in a woman's voice and a passerby heard it and (rightly) called the cops about a woman being held hostage. I tell ya, those things are like toddlers. They pick up exactly what you don't want them to!

I think you should go on the date. Why not? After one you will know if you want to see him again or not.

••••••••••••

All is well here, just tired today. Babysat from 5:30-11:30 last night and went to bed after midnight. Good money in my pocket but I was dead asleep when the alarm went off and a big draggy trying to get up at 6:30. Usually I am a pop out of bed and boogie kind of girl but not after a late night!

Woke up with a headache too. I might have been snoring a bit, not sure. I don't think I'm getting sick. Fingers crossed on that too!

CASA daycare visit this morning, then Balance/Barre class at 2. I've been walking straight over to the fitness center after my classes on tu/we/thu and getting in a short workout. I'm purposely keeping it short. Tu I did 25 minutes on the elliptical, Wed I did 35 on the recumbent bike, today I will do the elliptical again. So far, so good with all of that. They have TVs on each machine that you can just plug into and that passes the time quickly.

DS18's car is in the shop for some necessary upkeep work, so I had to drive him to school this morning. Haven't had to do that in a long time! Kind of enjoyed having a minute or two to spend with him. DS21 will pick him up and take him over to work this afternoon bc I have my exercise class.

Last night I made the Swedish meatballs recipe. It was liked by everyone, although I will double/made amendments to the sauce next time. I made it over egg noodles for the boys and just had mine in a bowl. Took some LC pulled pork
from the freezer for tonight. All my food has been eaten and no leftovers in sight! I want to make a soup too. It is really helpful to keep something around that I can just pull out when I want it.

Weight is stable at 8-9 pounds lost depending on the day. Looking forward to hitting that 10 pounds down, hopefully soon.

That's it for me!
  #171   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-20, 17:15

BF:

First few hours of the new job are in the books! It all went fine......we did the clearances and now I just have to go get fingerprinted next week. A pain in the a$$. We did a little bit in the payroll module and accounts payable and I printed some checks to pay bills. I have only to tell the director if there is something I want/need and she will get it. Like a calculator, or any other office supplies. She will be very easy to work with and the job, once learned, is not difficult at all. The hardest part will be learning how and when to submit the payroll taxes etc. Also what reports to do for the board of directors...won't be a problem.

I hate to say it out loud, but I think I may have kicked the lurgy that was trying to overtake me. I started taking Umcka yesterday and took 4 or 5 of the chewable tablets and the same today. I'm trying to chew one about every 4 hours. From what I've read, the key is to keep taking it for 48 hours after your symptoms seem to have gone. I plan to keep taking them thru the weekend. I don't remember how I stumbled upon Umcka....but I ordered them from Amazon and will order more to have on hand.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!
  #172   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-20, 17:53

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all. Feeling better by some. Doesn't feel like the dreaded flu, more like a good old fashioned cold. But I'm going to have to bow out of here till next week. Just too much going on and I gotta manage it all while taking it easy enough to baby the cold. See y'all next week, but I'll be lurking whenever I can.
  #173   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-20, 04:28

BF:

Lori, cool on your job. sounds like it will be easy enough, good place to work for a few hrs and be something you can tolerate

I never take those cold ease things. I am glad you tried your one and it helped you a lot.....I always think to buy that stuff after I suffered thru a cold and then see like a commercial on tv for like ColdEase and think, hey I need that in the house LOL Glad you are feeling better and probably caught and handled some crud coming after you

Blue, ugh, feel better!

Nicco, yea I just live with sinus. It is a weak spot on me I guess, my body kinda. Like all things lead to sinus for me and I have no other true med situations at all So I just live with it. Low pressure storms, allergy things, and weird smells can trigger me.....eh, I just live with it. I mention it a lot cause it is always effecting me a lot in my day but sinus drugs usually whip it out and help the symptoms.

Yes that super cold to the bone! Sucks rocks don't it? ugh. I got it now and I am not liking it. I mean I got fat still on me LOL I shouldn't be freezing a skinny persons freeze in any way HAHA but yea the hands and feet are killers

You are sure getting things done and being busy!! I love a recumbant bike, so easy on the butt work it girl!

Jaz glad you had a better day! You need more of them

hey do you only have like 7 weeks and 1 day left? wow it is rolling for ya...that will be gone fast since you are working and days are passing by, for me 7 weeks to spring with cold hands and feet will feel longer HAHA

Hey all
we got massive rain on us. Like around 3 I woke up to that super downpour just banging the house. Love that sound tho.

I feel asleep watching tv around 9:30 last night, woke up around 12 and went to bed HAHA Hell I don't remember anything, just like tv and then nothing Musta needed some good sleep cause it was but I still get up WAY too early going to sleep that early. Up at 4:30 and too early. I feel like Lori's cat is here in spirit saying, hey 4:30am, get up and let me out HA

feel better but still off a tiny bit. nothing deadly. but not moving fast at all. rainy weather, cloudy, damp, cold, icky etc. Give me warm and sun and I would perk up LOL

hubby driving cars today for work.
I am cleaning up some and vacuum and hit the darn bathrooms. omg I hate bathrooms but some poor maid has to do them, me LOL

over and out, good day all
  #174   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-20, 05:48

BF:

TRIG- Urghhhhhh damp, gray and wet- that will be me tomorrow! Supposed to hit here and then be sunny Sunday and then back to week for me.
Glad however that bug- didn't hit your house to hard. Sounds like your body needed the rest! Good for you to listen and sleep.

Ohhhhhhhh ya I gotta do the bathrooms and laundry tomorrow. Good day to do it, when it's crappy outside. I am even on the clock now on how many times I plan to deep clean. Just 3 more times! HAHAHAHAH- tomorrow, before NIC and Lori come and right before I leave. But then again it is just me, and I clean up after myself. So it would be tubs, floors, and dusting.

Whats for dinner? You still make pot roast? I will be happy to get my crock pot back! I have a new one waiting for me at home! Only way to make a pot roast. Although low and slow in the oven still works! I did bring my iron pot! Bring part of home, for good food! WORKS!!!

LORI- I just know you will have post by the time this gets posted! I am glad you are feeling better! I have not heard of those chews. I will look them up. I am glad they work for you. There is something my son swears by- Zinc. It makes me sick to tummy though. I would rather have a cold! HAHAHAHAH-
Is you're hubby healthy? Hope you give your body a rest!
So cool on your part time gig moving forward. I love a few extra pennies in my pocket!
Are you going to have a schedule? It it when you want? Is it going to effect your visit? hahahah-

NIC- - yum swedish meat balls! What makes them Swedish? Do you use pork in yours? I do love meatballs. I am thinking about making them this weekend too. I like some pork/beef mixture. Then I use the Rao sauce! Yum, and so LC.
How is your week ending up? Are you still counting your steps? I was thinking about you yesterday as I was running up and down the hallways.

BLUE- Feel better and enjoy your company. You are missed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I am so counting down weeks- 7 weeks 1 day. TGIF!!!!!!!!- Skip the WHINE BELOW - SAME CRAP DIFFERENT DAY

Time for me to start planning for Spring and I just LOVE that idea. I am on the down hill of this gig. Today I am still up on the 5th floor.
I hate that floor.
I carry a patient load of 22-23 patients and that is just too much, UNSAFE. I got into it yesterday with the chief resident doctor. Apparently a patient needed IV antibiotic infusions after discharge and it never happen. The family called me PISSED. I remember he needed home care but NOTHING was said OR WRITTEN that he needed infusions. He has sepsis so it is a big deal.

The doctor forgot to write the order. I go by written orders. With a case load of 22-25 people, I don't have time to come along and clean up a doctors mistake. Well it hit the fan. I took it to my manager who looked though the chart- and there was NOTHING there. Not even in the discharge orders about needing infusions.

Well the family regular doctor called me too wanting an order so they could pick it up. I can't give orders. I did however go to this jerk doctor and ask for a verbal and he REFUSED. then I told him there was no order and the other doctor wanted him to call and he refused that too..... he said, not my problem he is discharged. I went straight back to my manager and told her what happen. NOT MY FAULT.
So I called back the family's doctors office and told them what happen. THEY called the doctor, and got hung up on. This case is going to get complained about. The doctor washed his hands and knew he screwed up and tried to blame me and I shoved it back on him.

This is exactly why nurses are leaving. We get blamed for crap not our fault, and given case loads too high. I am seriously considering not doing another hospital assignment. It all came back to me why I left 10 years ago. For this very reason. My license is on the line and the hospital doesn't hire enough to have safe case loads. It is messed up.

On a different note. Tonight is date night. What the heck. It is just a glass of wine at the joint on the corner. Walking distance. I am not eating. I will eat before I go, something light. I am not getting into his car and going anywhere. Yes he was the driver a few days ago but that was on record.
So, it will be ok. It will be nice to meet someone, no strings. He seems like a nice guy. It's one glass of wine and conversation. I am not planning on being out late. I am already tired and the day hasn't started. I will be sucking down the coffee today!

Yesterday I did not eat at work and it felt good. I know I have stress induced IBS. So less is more when I am "in it". I was fine. I also noticed this morning I have a few hives on my neck. That also happens when under too much stress. I am sure yesterdays issue produced those. I am hopeful that I can relax this weekend. I need to learn how to deal with stress more efficiently. I need to work in a place I can take my dog to work! HAHAHAHAHAH.

Ok...... begrudgingly I am logging off. I got PAID today!!!!!- THAT IS A PLUS!

Not sure about food today. I know tomorrow is meatballs.
  #175   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-20, 05:50

BF:

Where Is Lori??????????-
  #176   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-20, 06:11

BF:

Good Morning!

Up at my normal 5AM, but thought I'd wait for a couple of you early birds to post first.

Jaz....the job will be whenever I want to go in, though every other week is pay week for employees, so that week I'll have to go in by Thursday Noon to have payroll submitted. I think I'll most always do that Tuesday afternoon so it's done and off my mind. The Director said that she will instruct all employees to have time sheets turned in by whatever day I say. No....this job will not effect any of my plans. I will simply tell my boss that I will be unavailable and she will pick up the slack. I'm not supposed to get more than 12 hours a week. I suspect early on there will be more hours, but once the mess is cleaned up and I know what I'm doing, I'll only be spending 6-8 hours a week doing payroll & accounts payable.

Hope you enjoy your evening out. I'm glad to hear that you're not getting in the car with him.....too scary. Just be careful.....he does know where you live after all.

Trig....I'm just doing this and that around the house today too. BIL is coming tomorrow thru Sunday. On Sunday our DGS15 is being awarded his Eagle Scout. The ceremony is on Sunday afternoon followed by a light dinner. I'm not really up on boy scout stuff, but apparently it is a big deal.

Blue.....hope you're feeling much better today so you can get ready for your big weekend with friends.

Nic....you have been making some yummy sounding recipes lately. Thanks for sharing them. I'm starting Green Chef again this coming week. They sent me a deal for 6 free meals, but I was going to go back to them anyway.

Today I'm taking my friend to therapy at 10:30 and then I'm going to go to my gym and do a treadmill run. I'll pop back to get her and take her home. I have a feeling she'll need a grocery store run again too. I have to miss Yoga this morning, but I'll at least get a run in.

DH is going to a sportsman's show with DS & DGS15 tonight, so they'll eat out. Yay! No cooking for me. I have some ground beef that I'll brown for my dinner. Nothing fancy.

Washer is chiming.....gotta run!
  #177   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-20, 17:05

BF:

Hey- back. the dude cancelled in a very sweet way. I am good with it. I am tired and the fact I am in jammies and ready to watch Netflix or Prime is a better option anyway. NO sweat! I am tired. All good.

So glad Im off - MY time-
Chicken tonight/ green beans. Feet up!!!!Rain coming tonight and all day tomorrow
  #178   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-20, 04:02

BF:

Lori, yea I heard eagle scout was a big deal but I don't boy scout stuff but COOL for him!!

Jaz, that Dr sounds like a real dick. Sorry, but yea LOL some people ya know. Yea cool your guy cancelled, I don't think you wanted to really go down that road anyway

So I went to bed at 9:30. omg the boredom and cold and nasty is driving me nutso. better weather today, I am gonna get outside and DO SOMETHING, anything. Might clean up the garage a bit. Packed with hubby's crap, but I can go thru and 'get the trash' thrown around out there into a bag at least.
I need outside before I go bonkers.

and up at 4. shoot me. my sleep is off now. omg. to bed before 10 and up around 4. whew. back to the old farmer times for me HAHA

eating is perfect. lost a tiny bit. lbs. dropping very very slow. I might have 'to do' something to force it a bit faster LOL but I worry to do just that. I don't wanna get hungry in any way and that takes me off plan fast so to manipulate my eating is worrisome to me a bit. But darn the .4s down the scale is gonna take forever to get off some bigger total lbs. LOL Hmm, will think on it. I'm in a good place, don't wanna f it up ya know. Eh, again, will think on it all.

winter boredom to the max. weather was horrible yesterday. everything is so mushy. today should be more decent they say.

just blah here. can't say it enough LOL

great day all
  #179   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-20, 04:12

BF:

Good Morning!

Thanks for checking in Jaz.....I was thinking about you last night. I hope you enjoyed your quiet evening and that you got a good night's rest after your hectic week. Is the weather going to change your plans with your new friend today? We have rain here too, but at least it's not freezing.

I guess Gabby didn't get the memo that this was Saturday. We were up at 4:15. She's had breakfast and gone out in the rain for a bit.....now she's in and has eaten again and I've dried her off. She'll no doubt settle in for a nap now.

DH has plans with our son and grandson around Noon for a few hours. BIL is scheduled to arrive around 1. Maybe he'll go uptown to the pub to see if anyone he knows comes in. He and I don't have enough in common to sit around and talk, so it could be a bit awkward. We'll all go out for dinner tonight.

Not much else happening here. I'll pop in later to see what you all are up to.

Have good days!
  #180   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-20, 08:00

BF:

Hey ladies- slept in until all of 730.

Lori- Good Morning- THERE you are!!! HAHAHA- My morning is not complete unless I see a post from you! Are you getting the rain to? URGHHHHHH - I am so lazy to ask, but your Florida trip is in 3 weeks right? So fun! I know your entire family is going. Are you going to Disney? I think Epcot and Legoland would be fun, I would also want to see Harry Potter too! Kid at heart here, may I never grow up!
So cool about that. Whats for dinner?!?!?!?!

TRIG- My friend I FEEL your seasonal pain!!!! More than you know! I am COUNTING it down- and it is ore than a job count down. I am ready for sun and sand! I am jelly though you are going into short season as a hottie!!!!!! Sigh..... see below!
Did yo hall manage to stay healthy? How is the kiddo? And how is the MIL? Hope she is feeling better!

NIC- I know you are socked in with rain today! You are almost directly west and slightly north of me. So what you get I get within an hour. You staying in today too?!?!?!?
How was your week?
So cool you are on the DROPPING train! I too want to get there! Shorts season is around the corner! You seem to lose easy once you put your mind to it. Are you still stepping? I want one of those watches too that track. I will not get the Apple, a cheaper version. I don't have an Apple phone anyway. But you know I really think a tracker at this point for me is a great tool. I know it was motivating for you! I wasn't ready- but I am now!

Blue-
Hey! Hope you are well and enjoying your company!----------------------------------------------------------
Wind and heavy rain woke me up, then couldn't get back to sleep. Heavy rains and wind expected all day. Torrential downpours.
Thank god I have a pound of ground beef and brown gravy and onions- sounds like dinner to me. I also have the fixing for crab cakes I am going to put together and bake and then they are done.

My neighbor gifted me with two small candles before I left and told me to think of her when I light them. Today is a perfect day for a glowing candle, and coffee to wake me up. Lights are pretty low. It is dark outside too- and raining like mad. I pulled out the fluffy comforter I brought with me from home and my pillows and made a"nest for me and dogger". This will be my day. Have some laundry, and cleaning to do. But I am in.
Tomorrow I will be out with my gal pal from here and we will be going to some antique shops she wants to visit. She is redoing a room. I loving helping someone spend THIER money!!!!

Going to work on my budget for the next month and 2 weeks. I want a plan now for the return. I am now on the job hunt for next assignment. On list of things to do today.
I feel the quest for NEXT. I am on the back end of the course here.
Yes there have been bumps. Some bigger than others. But I didn't think that it would be a total vacay! HAHAHAHAH- I have no regrets coming here. I have really enjoyed the the beach the few times I have gotten there.
It is another weekend of no beach- so it is what it is. The weather has not given a break to the area. BUT NO SNOW!

I am loving my day- all mine, quiet, relaxing. I also brought some magazines and a book I haven't had time to even open.

I a giving great thought to my WOE. I stated that I wanted this to be my FOCUS year and get to goal. I have not changed that. But we are one month in and absolutely no change. I am thinking I need a push. I am seriously considering doing something similar to what Lori and Nic did. The UP/Down- but it will be MY WAY.
So I am thinking about an eating day LC/ and a Shake day. Just to just start. I really think that once my body gets "moving" in the loss area. It is just FREKIN STUCK. I need a push.
Not ready for a total fast- but I could do a shake. And then just eat normal the alternate days, not a UP day per say. Just a normal LC day like I am doing.

I think it was Nic that ask about my protein converting to glucose. I am wondering the same thing.
Still on track- trust me on that. I am not giving up. I just need to adjust. What worked 10 years ago, pre- menopause is NOT working now, so I adjust until I find what does. I do know it does not involve carbs!

My friend invited me to her neighborhood Super-bowl party. I dunno......... it would be food city, and it is on a work night. I might decline that one.

Well time to toss some sheets into the wash! - check in later.