Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 05:59

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz...you are up and raring to go! So glad you had a good weekend. I did too. The weather was phenomenal and I enjoyed it to the max. I went for a run on Saturday and then yesterday just walked around town. Took myself out for lunch and cappuccino..awesome.

We head to FL on Feb. 12...we'll fly out of Philly since my sister is going along...she lives fairly close to the airport.

Betty is hanging in there. DH is taking her to a Dr. appt this afternoon, which is always an adventure. She'll be 91 in March and her mobility is such an issue. DH is going to build a ramp out her back door to make it easier to get her in and out when necessary.

Sorry your daughter is having a rough time. She'll get thru it. With 2 littles like that, I'm sure things become overwhelming on a regular basis.

I think your plan for being home in between assignments is perfect. I hope they find a great position for you for your next gig.
-------

Today I have to get a run in and there is a Yin Yoga class at 10:15. I'll probably run this afternoon when it warms up a bit. The yoga class today is an easy one.....lots of stretching and calmness. Not frantic like the one yesterday. OY!

I'll pop back in later to see what the rest of you are up to.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 06:11

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

just a fast check in

MIL, who knows. now they are saying it ain't pancretitis? and now saying after a scan it is her back. a small fracture near an older fracture with possible bone chips from her little car wreck which wasn't 'that bad' but back enough on her body....that was like....6-7-8 yrs ago?

No clue. Hubby got her comfortable after pain med shots etc. ER doctor said go back to her spine doctor and go from there.

Hey it is what it is. taking each day at it rolls at us. ugh

I am in a funk zone. I am in a who gives a sh** mode.

Pouring rain. BIG. Got sinus headache etc. Not been sleeping good right now.

Kid begged to stay home from school this morning due to cramps......yea suck it up buttercup but I let her have the day off cause hell, she hasn't taken like any days off truly this year so I thought why not? whatever again....I don't care about any of it.

I am chillaxing thru it all but I have to say with my winter blahs and my sinus head, little sleep and hubby getting all GGrrr from it all it ain't fun around here at all.

LOL

eh, whatever

so just reading along, don't feel like chatting up much, just super blah. love reading how ya'll are doing!!

I'll tell ya what I got on my mind. Hitting up some drinks later....is it 5:00 somewhere yet....well might give it a few more hours HAHA probably won't but hmm, yea in that kind of mood.

over and out
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 08:13

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Your Sunday sounds absolutely glorious. So laid back and perfect. I'm glad you had a day just to enjoy your new town and the nice weather.

No AC on here. I just refuse. It is January. We turned out ceiling fan on for the past couple of nights and that was enough.

I can see why your DD would be reacting the way she is, with two Littles at home. She'll be all right though. It's nice that every three months you'll be home for a while and really able to spend time with the Littles. I didn't get that much grandparent time from mine when my kids were young.

Lori- You are doing so well with your running and exercise classes and such. Always so consistent! Well done.

Nice of your DH to build a ramp for Betty. She's lucky to have you guys and her tenant, among others!

Trig- How strange about your MIL.

Your DD does so well in school that missing a day here or there doesn't seem to hurt anything. My DS18 is in midterms this week. I hope he's studying.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. That stinks. Hugs.

•••••••••••

Doing some decluttering today. Turning my focus to the hall closet mostly and perhaps a bit of the pantry. Stepping along!

My weight is going down slowly, stopping for several days at around the same number, then a bit of a drop and then stopping again. Just keeping the course. 11 days solidly on plan and going forward.

Dinner plans this week: Tacos (taco salad), ribs, keto chicken cordon bleu. Maybe a soup that I will make and put in the fridge for lunches. The Chicken cordon bleu is a new-to-me recipe. My goal is to find several new recipes that we like well enough to include in our regular meal options.

Not much else going on!
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 04:16

BF:

Good Morning!

I wore myself to a frazzle yesterday, so I was in bed before 9 last night. Of course, I was up at 4 this morning......can't blame Gabby this morning, I got awake and was ready to get up. She was still asleep on the sofa when I came downstairs.

I did the Yin yoga class in the morning yesterday and then went for a 5k(3.1 miles) run/walk in the afternoon. The Yin yoga is slow and rather intense since you hold the positions for a long time(3-5 minutes). My hips are feeling it this morning. I was feeling sleepy by the time I drug myself out for my run...really should have done it before Yoga, but wanted to wait until it warmed up a bit. Today is Vinyasa yoga at 10:15. This is a more active practice and can be quite challenging. Tomorrow I have restorative yoga....total relaxation....can't wait! Of course, I have to do a run before I get to do that!

I had a good DD yesterday and was rewarded with a new low on the scale. Just by about 1/2 lb., but I'll take it! That 1/2 lb and more will probably be back after today's UD. I told DH that I want to go out for a bite to eat tonight. I'm tired of planning and cooking and cleaning up the kitchen. Seems like a long time since we've gone out to eat. DS gave us a gift certificate from a little pub uptown, so I think we'll just go there.

Trig......so sorry about your MIL and her health issues. I'm sure it is taking a toll on your DH. It's a lot of stress on both of you. It sounds like the Dr.s aren't really sure what's going on and that is frustrating too.

Nic.....I need some of your clearing out and decluttering mojo. There are many corners of this house that could use some attention. Never mind DH's office and his hunting/fishing room. OY!

Congrats on the scale heading in the right direction. I think losing a few and then maintaining is the perfect way to lose weight. That's kind of how I lost the 60 lbs from my high to goal. It's taken me 7 years! Of course, I had many times in there that I really wasn't trying, but I'd lose some and then stay about the same for awhile, then I'd go on vacation and gain 7-10 and then have to lose it again. On and on.

Jaz.....we didn't hear from you last night, so I'm thinking you had a typical busy Monday. Hope it wasn't too terrible.

Blue.....I guess DS leaves today. I know you'll be sad to see him go. Now to get that computer replaced so we can get back to your wonderful updates. I've been missing you!

Well, this girl is ready to have something to eat. My stomach is growling like a lion!

Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, Jan-14-20 at 04:22.
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 05:19

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Tuesday Morning!

Goodness Lori-- all your yoga is making my head spin. I am tired for you! - than you just TOSS in a 5K- okie dokie......... You will be loving my sad lazy arse! You can have the key and let yourself out to get your run in and have coffee ready by the time I get up! HAHAHAHAH

Ahhhhh Florida.... you lucky thing! Feb 12th!!!! Nice!
Yup- yesterday was a typical Monday!!!

Nic- You are decluttering a closet? I am sorry I think it's funny. You are so deliberate about it all. Goodness you would so not want me to clean your closet. I would get a monster trash bag and load it up- done. ALL clean........ Ya I am not attached too much. My laptop though is my life line though!!!!! Other than that, a coffee pot and the dog- hey it's all I need.

Whoot on 11 days on plan!!!!! I tell ya, I just FEEL so much better the less carbs. That is a perk. Don't know why I am not dropping like mad- but I feel good.

Where are you in your studies for your doula program?

TRIG - dang I hate that you feel so crappy. The rain and sinus and a whiny TOM teen doesn't help. Good you need some sun!
What I am about to say FLY's in the face of good judgment. But do you have any tanning salons near you? I think you would be a great one for going just once a week to get "some rays". They have the stand up ones. I used to use them years ago here and there when I just wanted some sun! I didn't abuse them though. I also felt better. Maybe just one day a week would be ok. I know that Amazon sells some kind of light therapy thing without the dangerous rays- but it is a face thing. Maybe that might be helpful too!
Sweet you let the kiddo to stay home. Cramps are not fun. She has some years ahead of her with those!

Treat yourself to a rum drink and play some music, get out your beach chair and cheer yourself up! Sometimes playing music and browsing cool places on the beach to visit peps me up. Fun to dream about!

BLUE
- Hope you had a great time with the DS. You take him to the airport today, I wonder what time?
Do you know what type of laptop you want?
Missing your posts! Fire it up when you get it! HAHAHAH
------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I was in a fine mood, rested and ready to work- and by the days end I was over it!
I don't do apathy well, nor do I like to watch it. I get that people get burned out, over worked, understaffed, blah blah blah...... It is just very hard to keep my trap shut, smile and move on. I am a "fixer" by nature . So for me to just let stuff play out is hard to watch. But like Nic loves to say: NOT MY CIRCUS! -

Food- on plan. Eating leftover meatloaf, soup, and have shrimp. So choices and its good!
I didn't make my goal of the steps yesterday. The entire hospital smelled yesterday like a wet diaper. I basically stayed holed up in the office and held my breathe when I had to walk the halls. Urghhhhh............

I will attempt again the stairs - one set! - taking my shrimp or soup. I am not digging eating twice. I feel thrown off my way I like it. I am not losing either. So who knows. I am not chowing down. I have such high hopes for this year- and I am a month solid on plan and 1 pound is all. Not ok. I am not going to give up. Just need to recompute.
Sighhhhhhhh- this WOE!!!!! I need to find MY sweet spot!

Gotta go- I will try to check in later!
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 06:01

BF:

Nicco so glad you are holding eating plan and doing well. Hey this is the time to drop a bit....winter stinks anyway, we might as well use these months to get some off us for our summer time when we want to hike more and move easier :P Keep rocking it~!

Jaz, good thing in your DD just wants that extra help you gave her and she doesn't have it now and misses it....hey I get that LOL but she is fine. You have to make income and live a life also, you help when ya can but for the most part, people have to live and be responsible for their own life All cool on that I would think for ya'll.

Lori...wow you are a yoga master. I bet one thing, if you took a class to become certified you could easily be a teacher!

What about that Rec Dept. job at your hubby's place? Anything come of that? Are you doing some book work thru the week, a few hrs here and there? just curious

HI Blue

for me I am still in a funky mood.

yea Nicco….so warm and mild here we almost put the darn AC on the other day. It was like 73 in the house and kid was moaning it was too hot and pouring rain so couldn't open windows and I told her to suffer....go sit in front of a fan....LOL
Nice thing is no heat is coming on at night....wee....lower power bill. Love it. Take any darn bill lower in my life I can HA

Rain again. Mush, everything is deep mush around here. flooded area and more. ugh. too much rain and icky today

not sure what I am doing today.

get this.....my car roof from the golf ball hit is being worked on by hubby's bodywork friend we use to fix everything at a lower cost......so his wife up and left him out of the blue....he is depressed and NOT working much on my car and is possibly suicidal now cause he found out his wife is dating someone....and it is crazy. Hubby said tho Kenny told him he was gonna go talk to his pastor so at least he is getting help for this depression.....but at the same time my SUV is now like being held hostage LOL I want my car back LOL So will see if we get it today, tomorrow or when? ugh

anyway...got the sheets and all bedding done. Love the smell of everything fresh.

just survive thru today and see what goes down....over and out
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 07:30

BF:

Trig....the job at the Rec Authority is still coming.....the Director is trying to clear up the mess left from the past director before she brings me in. I thank her for that! I'd rather come in to some semblance of order than total chaos. Truth be told, I'm in no hurry. She told DH last week that she's still working on my job. She has a board of directors to answer to and has to figure out how many hours she can give me based on the $$ I agreed to. I'm thinking it'll be 6-10 hours a week. Time will tell.

I was so hungry at 6AM that I ate 3 eggs and a piece of sausage....now my stomach is not happy. Hoping I don't have a "situation" at Yoga!
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 08:34

BF:

Hi all! Happy Tuesday!

Jaz, sounds like a rough day at work yesterday. Especially after such a great weekend for you. Hopefully today will be better.

So listen, I might be a bit sensitive but your comments about my decluttering are getting to me just a bit. I know you don't realize it, but I also think maybe it has been so long since you have had many people living with you in your home that you have forgotten what it was like. Three kids each having their own mittens, hats, ski gloves, snow pants, winter coat, spring coat and the like. Towels and sheets for five beds plus a guest bed. Five people living in a house, even if each person has not a lot of stuff, well, it is still a lot of stuff. Sport equipment and school supplies etc. Games and books for a family. And having cooking apparatus for a family of five and moving toward downsizing to what we need for a family of mostly two. Surely you must have done this too at some time or another. You aren't a mind reader so I just wanted to give you a heads up.. with my Mom's background I am sensitive to comments like that. I assure you what I am dealing with now is typical post-family downsizing clutter, nothing excessive. Anyway, support and encouragement is welcome.

Lori, you are doing SUCH a great job with your yoga classes and the running! It is interesting to hear about the different types of yoga. I am not as flexible as I would like to be, particularly in the hips and knees. Maybe I can look into this a while down the line.

Trig- Oh my gosh, about your car. I can't even. I would have no earthly idea WHAT to do in a situation like that at all.

How is your sinus stuff going today?

Blue- Miss ya girl. Looking forward to your new computer!

••••••••••••••••

Gray day today with some drizzle. Not too cold though. My heat is still being wonky and every now and again I come down and it hasn't come on properly, just blowing cold air. I can turn it off and wait, then turn it on again and that seems to do the trick, but it is annoying. At least it ultimately works thus far.

Continuing with my decluttering- I think I will hit up part of the kitchen today. Then I have my Barre class at 2. I also need to stop by the store.

Our freezer is pretty well cleaned out now, which is great. I think there is a frozen rack of ribs left and a couple of packs of frozen ground pork, which I use in my meatballs, and some wings (I buy those in bulk at Costco and pull what we will use) but otherwise everything has been eaten. Yay! No waste!

I ate some leftovers from the Kabob place last night and so I let the boys order pizza with my ten dollar off coupon. Tonight I'm making taco meat. I will probably freeze half to pull out later on in the month. DH left today for Nashville and so we won't go through as much.

DS18 had his first two midterms yesterday and said they went really well. Today he has only one, so he doesn't have to be at school until 10AM. He will be finished at noon, but then has play practice from 12-2.

Oh! He said something positive about the musical yesterday. I was really glad to hear that. I've laid low and let him work through it and he seems to be inching his way around.

All in all a good day on tap! Have a lovely day, all!
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 16:48

BF:

OMG NIC- I totally apologize for being insensitive. I truly met nothing by it- except clutter. So I truly will be mindful. You are right, if I don't know I can't correct something. Thank you for being upfront and front door. I never want to be that person who is a cad!!!!
I didn't have the opportunity to "declutter and downsize". I went from a mom, and wife and 3 story home full , to packing a few things in my car and that was that. I grieved for a solid year after that..... it was so combine, the divorce, loss of kids, and identity I swear I would never get attached to things again.
For better or worse..... I detached completely to save sanity. So I truly understand.

I ask your forgiveness truly feel bad. ((((HUGS)))))))..... Please still share and stick my butt into place. I am fine with that.

I am happy your DS has made adjustments to the musical..... I think in the end he will feel his part was just as valuable. I actually for one semester was a "stage crew hand" in a high school play- Annie Oakley..... I was happy and it was a blast.
"close your eyes" - the play after parties were great....... Stuff ya remember for life!
-----------------------------------------------
All-
So today was a dark and rainy day all day! They were fully staffed today so I was a "extra" hand float. Nobody seemed to have much for me to do so I ended up working on my CE's which I need for my License. That was an ordeal to get the agency to pay for those. But I finally got it worked out that they got me linked into a website they pay for so I can get as many credits as I need!

I will be working like mad to get those done while I am here. Knocked out 3 today. I still didn't get my steps in as I woke up with a splitting headache and just "didn't feel it" today!

On plan- left over and the last bit of meatloaf- dang it was good. Just a drizzle of gravy and oh man lapping it up.
Tomorrow is fish.

Anyway- Going to kick up feet.
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 17:56

BF:

Jaz, please don't feel bad. We both have a lot of baggage coming into this topic- you with your experience and me with a parent who is a hoarder. My nightmare is replicating that in my life, so I have tried to keep a lid on stuff and I think what we are dealing with here in our first step of downsizing is normal for a family of five being in a house for over 15 years. My reaction likely had less to do with what was said and more fear and worry over being out of control with clutter, or being perceived as so.

Anyway, moving on. All is well.

Sorry you were feeling rough today but glad you were able to work on your CEs. That was a good use of time.
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 19:09

BF:

No worries Nic- we are good! Like you said- moving on. I didn't see it for what you were saying (see Email)
BTW- You and I are both nothing like the generation before us- we have carved out our own path!!!!!!!

Can't wait to have wine, seafood and great music with you and Lori!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Jan-14-20 at 19:50.
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-20, 05:25

BF:

Good Morning! Up too early!

I got up at 4 to pee and never went back to sleep! URghhhhhh. I am seriously craving a day off. The weekends go way to fast. Especially when I have to take a day and "prep" for the up coming week. Laundry, kitchen, bathrooms still need done. I don't do that much, because I clean up after myself, and it's just me. But still I have a few things that I do on the weekend. Shopping, and paying bills get shoved to the weekend too! So really I have one solid day. I want another day.

I would almost rather work 3 12's and have 4 days off. If I had someone to take out the pup I would consider that. Just dreaming I guess. Honestly I just want to retire!!!!!! But can't. So off I go. I don't think I would completely stop working. But I think I would love to do something fun. I would like to work where I didn't NEED the money something to just get out and about.
I could see me working in a Chico's, or a make up store. Something fun.

The funnest job I ever had was at Victoria Secret. I worked at the catalog center and sat and helped people shop. We took calls and would have the catalog at our finger tip and would shop along with the people calling in to place orders. I did that part time in the evening when the kids were little. The ex would come home and we would eat dinner then I would work 7-11. It was a great little gig.
People were happy, shopping, and it was a relaxed job. It was more to get out than anything else.
Those days are going to be a thing of the past. You don't need a live person on the other end to order any more. YA just go online.

TRIG
- I have been doing some reading here and there about the benefits to immune systems in regards to the carnivore life style. Very interesting. I think you are so in your zone!
Are you feeling any better? 8.5 weeks- that is it my friend! Spring is seriously around the corner! We will be complaining about the heat before you know it! HAHAHAH-
Are you going to use the pool this season?

Blue- How did yesterday go? I know you are now laptop shopping. It will be nice to have you set up and typing again. I think of your spill every time I spill near mine too! It will be interesting to see what you get.

Lori- - Are you up and about? Did you see what I said to Trig- 8.5 weeks and we will be into SPRING! Are you getting ready for golf season? Are you going to be able to play this year? You have not mentioned your wing (arm) lately! SO I am hopeful you are back to baseline.

NIC-- You are more than likely experiencing the same foggy, dreary, rain day! Urghhhh, but at least it will hit 50's. I am so going to try to get out and do some walking. I am a bit shocked I have not seen snow being this far north.
What's on your dinner menu?
I too am always looking for a new something to try. There is a Keto cook book I have been thinking about. But it is sorta pricey. Plus now all we have to do is google keto recipes. But I do like to flip through a book.
-------------------------------------------------------
schools here are on a 2 hour delay due to fog.
Today I will be floating to a med surge floor. That is a mix of everything - mostly FLU right now. I am ready for flu season to be over. It is hitting the hospital hard right now.

Ok-time to stop procrastinating, need to move like I want to go!!! HAHAHA-

Have a good day all
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-20, 06:01

BF:

Good Morning!

Yes....I am up and about! It was almost 5AM when I crawled out of the covers this morning. I heard the cat "stomping" around, so time to get up. Now I get to relax into my day with several cups of coffee. I'm really getting into going to the gym later. I used to go to an 8:15 class, but now that they've added 10:15's, I'm liking that a lot better. Today's restorative yoga isn't until Noon, but need to get in some miles before class.

We went out for a bite last night and I ate some things I don't typically eat, so today will be a low cal day. I'll fast until after Yoga and then see what I feel like having.

My cleaning lady comes today, so have to make sure all DH's crap is picked up before I head to the gym. When I tell him that it's cleaning day, he'll pick up most of the "stuff", but there are always things he forgets. He tries....bless him.

Jaz....my arm is doing pretty good. All the stretching etc in Yoga is helping. I may never have full range of motion, but it is vastly improved. I plan on playing golf this year....may just have to change my swing a bit to accommodate my new normal. I'm really looking forward to Spring and being able to run outside all the time.

Speaking of golf, one of my golfing friends is having knee replacement surgery today. She had a hip replaced last year. Some years ago she had the other knee done and a shoulder.....she'll soon be the bionic woman! Anyway, I will be taking her to some of her therapy appointments in the coming weeks. There is a Starbucks right by the PT place, so I'll be spending some time there while she goes thru therapy. She's never been married and only has a brother to help her out and he, of course, can't take off work several times a week to take her to her appointments. I'm happy to do it when I can. DH said he will take her if there are days when I can't, and he doesn't even know her. I'll tell you, he is a special person. Nothing is ever too much trouble or an imposition.

I'll be back later.....have good days!
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-20, 06:34

BF:

Nicco, yea a family of 5 is a lot of crap around plus being northern, I tell ya, I don't miss the coats, long johns, gloves, boots and more....those suckers add up big time! I love southern now cause I deal with regular clothes vs. the big winter stuff but I tell ya, hubbys hunt stuff. omg. so bulky. so hard to wash and clean and all, I can't wait til we are on the road and he gets rid of most of it....keeps like 1 hunt set for himself and some guns....cause I know 'out on the road' he is gonna be like Lori's DH and want to do a 'guided hunt trip' if he can't just hunt regular like he does.

I hear ya on hoarding. It is rough. It makes one very uncomfortable. I get it. I think me truly being that minimalist type in my personality...cause I always been more minimal type....I truly find it very unsettling more than someone else sometimes. As much as a hoarder type wants and needs their things around them to feel OK and safe etc.....I flip that other way and when surrounded by too much I actually feel depressed and closed in. Yea we all got our troubles don't we in life LOL we all got something happening!

Glad your DS is positive....I know he will love all about that play!! In the end he will see that and enjoy it!

Lori, yea it is worth waiting on that job while she cleans up the mess. No reason to walk into that if ya don't want to LOL Hope it pans out for you. 10 hrs ain't a lot but that would be nice spending money for a massage or something else!

Your DH is a nice guy Thoughtful. My hubby is like that thank goodness. I always say he is a very thoughtful guy....cool! Always knew he was a good guy, but liking your DH even more as you chat and drop things about him

Jaz stay away from too many sick ones if ya can
Your weeks will get shorter and shorter so hold strong. Great learning experience for you this whole gig! Not bad for your first one!

Very good they are paying for CEs and all.....get that all done on their dime and that makes ya more valuable I am sure....what is a CE? no clue HAHA

Blue...where is Blue...is her son still visiting? She should be popping in I guess soon now hopefully. Or her computer finally bit the bullet?

Hey all
off to mom's today for usual visit and shop day.

carnivore is going very well.
I feel wonderful. I feel just great literally. Eating clean. So far in a good zone and want to stay there.
Got a little weight down but not much. I eat so darn much and so well LOL I ain't giving that up. I require it....so will just keep going on and seeing if the scale inches further down. I hope for a lb. drop sooner than later...we shall see. Gonna give it a bit more time to see what is going down and if it doesn't budge as much, I will cut steaks a little in portion and up the seafood in portion and see if that means anything. Eh just a little tiny experiment to see if I can shift the scale down.

I did however get into some smaller blouses the other day. Hit my closet to unload a few older things and tried on this blouse I like....bought 1 in each color....a pink, a lemon, a lime and a grape. Yea....HAHA I am one of those if I like it in 1 color I buy them all HAHA It fit. WEE....little tight in the upper arm area but always had the fatter darn upper arms so with a little more lbs. down and a LC body composition happening, maybe my fat arms will shrink a bit more and make the blouse more comfortable. It should, I wore them before fine so.....waiting on those to fit well and use them. I like them for summer, very lightweight, cool to wear.

boring here literally
rainy, icky, foggy to the ultimate....can't see the barn this morning and it ain't that far from my house HAHA

all good, still in a mood kinda. still hating winter. still waiting for....hell I don't know

great day all
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-20, 08:16

BF:

Morning everyone!

Sounds like fog is hitting a couple of places- NC and DE for one. I don't think it was overly foggy this morning here. Damp but now the sun is shining and the sky is blue. Yay!

Jaz- I agree with you that having a three or four day work week would be good for you. There are agencies like Rover that have dog walkers, but you'd have to be okay with someone coming into your home. Or, you could do doggie day care on a three day work week, maybe? Something to think about, if you think you might head in that direction.

What Keto cookbook are you thinking about? I am going to stop buying cookbooks, even though I love them. I tend to go online for recipes. I do like Kristie Sullivan's cookbooks though. Beautiful and good info and recipes.

Lori- LOL over the cat "stomping." Made me laugh.

I agree with you that your hubby does sound like a very sweet and generous man. You got a good one!

Excited for you that golf will be back on your schedule this year. I know you love it!

Trig- Spring is coming! Our winter has been crazy mild this year. Even the temps have been super mild. I've hardly worn a jacket at all.

So glad you are feeling good, strong and in the zone. I too tend to buy several of a shirt or whatever that I like. Part of my "uniform" mentality. I know many people use clothes as a form of self expression but I'm more utilitarian with them- comfort wins always!

Blue- Missing you terribly!

••••••••••••

So question for you guys- what do you do with old computers? I know they can be recycled, but do you worry about what's on them before you drop them off for recycling? Like, on the hard drive? I think I'm probably just being a paranoid idiot but I'm truly curious.

DS18 has his last midterm today. Yay!! So far this has been utterly painless on MY end and since his grades are good and he seems to be doing well, I think it has been relatively painless on his end. Since I'm staying out of it, I have no idea! He went in at 8, will be home around 10, then back to school at 12 for play practice until 2. Very chopped up day for him.

DS21 and I are going shopping for him at 11. He wants to get some dress shirts for his upcoming job this summer with his Christmas money. We'll grab lunch out too- I'll probably just get a bunless burger. I think we will hit TJ Maxx and Marshalls first, and then if he doesn't find what he likes then we can go over to the mall.

Weight is coming down, about 7.5 pounds now. Of course most of that was initial water weight, after that about 1.5ish pounds per week. I will absolutely take that. A loss, then stay at that weight for several days, then a loss. Slow and steady and staying focused.

No Tai Chi class today. My barre class yesterday was good. I felt it last night and a bit today. The resistance bands can provide a good muscle stretch! Did the elliptical afterward and was just shy of 10k steps yesterday.

That's about it.. taco meat last night and a rack of ribs for the three of us for tonight. Easy peasy!