Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 07:36

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default foods are sweet tasting now

how any one noticed how sweet foods naturaly are now? I had 1/2 cup of brochlie the other night and wow i was amazed how sweat it tasted. I was never a big cofee drinker either but now i have around 3 cups a week just to break up all the water drinking and wow 1 tlbs of heavy cream and only a 1/4 pack of splenda is all it needs to make it sweet. I guess this is due to the fact that i was a big sugar addict. May also explain the bad detoxification ive been haveing..
Its amazing to find out that foods had such good taste after all without adding more sugar or exsessive amounts of salt
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 08:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default I agree!

Since I am maintaining I have fruit about 4 times a week. I had been eating berries for a long time but now have apples, kiwis, grapefruit and wow even the grapefruit tastes so sweet. I eat oatmeal-flax cereal with cream 2X a week and have never added any sweetners cause the taste alone is wonderful!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 12:22

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

rtj, isn't is aMAZing?

Even green bell peppers taste super-sweet to me now. I can't even eat winter squash--the sweetness gags me. I had a bit of red potato last week and thought it tasted like it had been boiled in sugar-water. (it hadn't) I love these sorts of effects of LCing--partly because they give me a reality check about what food really tastes like, why we have sweet receptors on our tongues (to make us eat good veggies!), and because they remind me how far I've come from the days of whole bags of cookies eaten in 14 hours.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 12:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

Quote:
...they remind me how far I've come from the days of whole bags of cookies eaten in 14 hours.

What are you talking about??? I can eat whole bags of cookies in less than ONE hour!!!

I could not imagine doing that now though!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 03:59

Stats: 141/133/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm a major sugar addict and have not yet started "induction"....just "faux" Atkins...no potatoes, rice, pasta. Still have a few slices of bread every week but that dreaded sugar finds its way into my mouth on a daily basis.

I never salt my food and can actually taste salt in chocolate bars (people think I'm crazy), and find a lot of packaged and canned stuff far too salty to eat....so I believe that you can find foods too sweet. However I can't seem to get past the addiction just yet. My plan is to have a sugar-free tomorrow. I'll see how I've done by the end of the day.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 06:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 232/209/155 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

I have found the foods to taste sooo much better since I started induction two weeks ago tomorrow. Eating is so much better - and I appreiate what I have. I have found that to be a pleasant surprise. It's nice to find a diet that seems to work for me, and still lets me lose at the same time.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 16:09

Stats: 155/103/110 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 116%

Its funny, I was thinking about this the other day. I made a recipe for peanut butter cups (yum) and I was thinking, "Wow, these might even be too sweet, I should put less splenda" Then my mom, who doesn't do Atkins tried one and thought they weren't sweet at all.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 18:47
Registered Member

Stats: 230/205/170 Female 5 feet 11 inches
BF:32/28.5/24
Progress: 42%

Iwilllose, you know you're gonna have to post that peanut butter cup recipe now!

I took a sip of my daughter's organic whole milk the other day and it tasted like condensed milk! Of course I wanted another sip but I somehow controlled myself.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 22:15

Stats: 155/103/110 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 116%

originally posted by fern2340:

I love peanut butter and chocolate--probably my fav combo of food!!! These are pretty tasty!! The recipe says it makes 10 but I can get at the most 8 out of the ingredients. I only make 6 now so they are a pretty good size!

Peanut Butter Cups
1 stick unsalted butter (I use salted!)
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/3 c Splenda
1 T heavy cream
4 T peanut butter
chopped walnuts (I don't use these)

Melt butter, chocolate, and Splenda in the microwave. Stir in cream and peanut butter. Line 10 (or in my case 6) muffin tins with cupcake papers. Place nuts in the bottom of each tin. Divide chocolate mixture between the tins. Freeze until firm. These need to be stored in the freezer because they melt quick. You can eat them right out of the freezer.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 07:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 232/209/155 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

Oh man - that sounds good - any idea how many carbs? And, if I use sweetner like sweet & low - how many packs would that be in relation to 1/3 cup splenda?