Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 17:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 1/1/1 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Stirfry sauce?

I am really trying to actually cook some interesting but simple meals. I am not a good cook and only do it out of necessity. I would always just grab a bottle of some sort of sauce {sweet and sour, oriental etc} to pour on my stirfry but now I dont know what to do? I have been looking on here, but cant see anything.

Does anyone know of a good L/C sauce for stirfry pork/beef/chicken. Or, if I can buy one, what type. I need to cook the pork tonight, so help please......

Akiwican
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 00:40
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

This is too late for dinner but for tomorrow...

Presidents Choice brand - I've heard from other LC'ers - has good sauces sweetened with Splenda. Sweet and Sour, Szechuan, Peanut Sauce, etc.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 07:08

BF:
Default Thanks Karen

Those sound just wonderful and exactly what I am looking for! I will definately check them out... I didnt end up cooking it last night... hope the pork is still okay to cook, its been in the fridge for 2 days.

Thankyou very much for your help.

Akiwican
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 11:47

Plan: Atkins, BFL
Stats: 182.5/160/125
BF:
Progress: 39%
Question Presidents Choice Sauce?

Where can I get the Presidents choice sauces? Can it be purchased online? If so, where? If not, where?

Thanks for y'all's help!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 12:08

BF:

Presidents Choice is a brand name sold at grocery stores in Canada {not sure about the US?} A & P and No Frills have PC Brand... possibly some others too.

Hope this helps.

Akiwican
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 12:22

Plan: Atkins, BFL
Stats: 182.5/160/125
BF:
Progress: 39%

Thanks for your quick reply

I haven't been able to find a website that sells the PC brand yet, and if it's a Canadian brand, I may not be able to find it at the grocery stores here either. I've been using the Steel's brand condiments, and they taste pretty good. My favorite is the Hoisin sauce. It's awesome on steaks!! The Sweet & Sour sauce is awesome on pork or chicken.

The simplest way that I stirfry is to use seasoned peanut oil, freshly grated ginger root, minced garlic, pinch of salt & pepper, and a dash of soy sauce. When I want a little variety, I mix a little bit of Japanese sake and a little bit of miso together and pour it in the stirfry instead of soy sauce. Lighter colored miso are sweeter while the darker varieties are saltier.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 19:17

BF:
Default Wild goose chase

Whoops... did I say A & P sell Presidents Choice... wrong! Its Zehrs, I realised after going into A & P. {No Frills didnt have any in stock} Oh well, I did find a great Japanese dressing/marinade by Renees. It does have 1.4g carbs per Tbsp, but thats not bad and the flavour is yummy Also got a red pepper dressing for 1g carb per Tbsp which I will have on my salad tomorrow.

Your stirfry sounds wonderful, but I looking for something very easy... one bottle, one pan.

Akiwican
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 20:54
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

Presidents Choice is a "generic" or "no - name" product. Check out your local stores carrying no-name products...it may be under a different label.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 22:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Real Canadian Superstore (western Canada) and Loblaws (eastern Canada) carry President's Choice, No-Name and T.G.T.B.T. (too good to be true) which is the subline of sauces (named like "Memories of...") that have the Splenda in them.

I check the shelves and scoop them when they're in, which they aren't always!

I don't believe they sell any of this stuff on-line or outside of Canada (not yet, anyway).
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 04:41

BF:

Thanks, I'll have to check out "Memories of..." too. I remember seeing that at No Frills. Great!

Akiwican
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 04:57

Plan: UltraGlycemix
Stats: 244/240/150
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Maybe Safeway?

I seem to remember seeing Presidents Choice in Safeway at one point... I will have to look.

Mostly I just go to Costco (it's a warehouse store).

-m-