Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-19, 20:06

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
Furthermore, is the list of green leafies limited to kale, collards, and cavalho nero? Surely there's more than 3 species of green leafy veggies out there - what about spinach, mustard greens, turnip greens, dandelion greens, chard, and the plethora of lettuces and herbs out there?

They do mention others - I especially noticed chard & beet greens, 2 of our favorites. I put a bunch of chard in the freezer - I love, love, love chard! I don't get beet greens as often as they come attached to beets, which I don't eat much of (too carby for me). When I run out of chard I buy frozen spinach.

As often as the article mentioned the dark, dreary days, I was surprised they didn't suggest using a sun lamp. I got one a few years back & love it! I drink my first couple cups of coffee sitting in front of it & read the newspaper. I haven't suffered from SAD, at least not badly, since I started using it. I also take vitamin D, which helps a lot.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-19, 23:36

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

This info I saw in another article reallly focused on greens, and meats were a distant second. And the kales are not top of the greens list..... it was rather waaay down the list.

The top greens are not popular. Available but not the prefered greens.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-19, 12:24

Plan: None, limit carbs, Omega6
Stats: 161/140/140 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

FWIW, note that the original study lists AFS's based on 100g rather than per serving so denser foods look worse.

Anyway, I've started adding watercress to my daily salads to be on the safe side and quite enjoy it, having never really had it before.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 03:47

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
As often as the article mentioned the dark, dreary days, I was surprised they didn't suggest using a sun lamp. I got one a few years back & love it! I drink my first couple cups of coffee sitting in front of it & read the newspaper. I haven't suffered from SAD, at least not badly, since I started using it. I also take vitamin D, which helps a lot.

Likewise, I have one, and plan to utilize it very soon.