Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#721   ^
Old Mon, May-02-22, 05:49

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Monday Morning!

Nic- Girl I am peopled out FOR YOU! hahahahaha. I am surely waiting to hear though how your shower and the birthday dinner went! You go to DE today and driving 4 oldies in your SUV?!?!?!? God Love ya! Then you will get them all settled then get your self ready and out to dinner! Thankfully you aren't cooking and can relax and let them order what they want!
I get DH stayed in MD????? How did he get the long straw?!?!? HAHAHAH
Update when you can! I can visualize all this - you will do it with grace and kindness for sure, all the while waiting for down time!

Trig- I sure hope you get the offer you want fast. I know you will get what you are asking. You are selling at just the right time!!!!!!! It's coming just a matter of when! Then as you said you can move on. Memories live forever.

Did your kiddo find shoes???
Whats up going on today?

Lori- Did you get your game in Sunday? I too am so happy you have found something that makes you happy. You were the kick butt work out queen when you were doing boot camp! Glad this took the place in a hobby for you!

Everything humming along for Betty?
------------------------------------------------------------------
LAST WORK WEEK for a minute! Working on my next. I have a Zoom interview at 1 pm. It is schlepping up and down the hospital hallways doing discharge planning. This is NOT my first or second choice, but it is a high paying one I need to consider. Urghhhhh...... I am hoping that remote job comes through.

well my cup is empty, my pup needs to go out and I need to "plug in". Back later after interview .

Have a great day- SAFE TRAVELS NIC!
Sponsored Links
  #722   ^
Old Mon, May-02-22, 06:22

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Just heard from DD. Appraiser coming to our house today, she is meeting Dan tomorrow to get contract signed......things are moving forward! We'll be happy when all this "stuff" is done and we know for sure that we're staying. We'll have enough on our plates with selling Betty's house this summer. It'll be good to finally have our kids names on the deed for this place!
  #723   ^
Old Mon, May-02-22, 07:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori super congrats ya got the signal things are going foward...so get ya on this truly, feels great I am sure!!

Your eating being off is weather changes. Your new golf activity, your new season change and more, it monkey's with us plus stress that we all live........eh, you will be ok.......just keep that focus you always do and all will go fine for ya. You are a true maintenace person holding the line, you got this easily!

Nicco, all good or too hectic yet to type? LOL
people'ing out is a real thing for sure

Jazz, a 'real job' in a 'real hospital' doing 'real 9-5' work.
might be cool for ya for a change. meet people, feel that 'man' again on your back and it might also show ya real truths of where you wanna be ya know........all good, you can easily find your way forward thru some job issue and more that are diff and change ya up.

Nice thing is ALL you do shows you the way ya wanna truly live if you ain't right there on knowing, ya know

------------zc not a focus. got chicken breasts defrosted and will eat those today but I got tuna/mayo and sardines calling to me, why? no idea but if they call hard enough I am woofing them down too LOL

waiting on our final offer back to 'those 2' and see if anyone wants it on our terms..........after that realtor and whatever but I don't think it will come to that. That one lady wants the home SO bad and has for 'years after Dad' died kinda waiting for Mom to die...ugh...but it is what it is and I know they will enjoy the home to the max so....life goes forward no matter what we want tho

finally got some cheaper chlorine for pool...OMG!!! on price hike on that.

so I see with this inflation price hikes as the lower 'middle class' becoming the new poor easily and I see those 'medium middle class' hanging on for dear life and I see the upper middle thinking truly about options not to become the other 2.

I tell ya I see massive changes on how I thought my bucks would go down into my OLD AZZ age but damn, come on here.
OK enough of that

over and out and have a fine day all
  #724   ^
Old Tue, May-03-22, 05:46

BF:

Good Morning!

Busy day today. Heading to the golf course for a 9AM tee time. Then home to relax a bit and then we're going to meet DD & Dan in State College(about an hour from here) at 6PM. Meeting at a Mexican restaurant. Up goes the scale again! I didn't really want to go, but DH wants to see Dan and I don't want him to have to drive there and back by himself. The appraisers came yesterday and it went well. It was a man & wife team and they were very down to earth and nice. They loved our house. Went thru the house from top to bottom and measured and took photos. I think there's a problem with the Deed as far as acreage. The deed says we have about 10 more acres than we actually do. More than 50 years ago some of the land was sold off, but the deed was never updated. That may cause a hold up in the paperwork.....it's always something!

---------

Trig......Hope you can get the sale of your Mom's house done without hassle. I know it's stressful. I'm still half expecting Betty to change her mind about selling her place. That will present a whole bunch of problems for us, but nothing we can do but go with the flow.

Jaz......Did the interview go well? Is this the one back in Atlanta? A lot for you to consider, I know.

Nic......Hope your week is going smoothly.

---------

Just about time to throw on some sunscreen and my golf togs. Hope you all have today!
  #725   ^
Old Tue, May-03-22, 07:43

BF:

Lori enjoy your golf.

hey cool ya got 10 more acres....well not HAHA
yea we had issues with the farm deeds also....the old grandpa from before f'd up all kind of acerage on splitting it up, I truly have 0 idea of what is in mind when they split big farm land into the most useless stupid plots that can ruin the whole damn purpose of land for use ya know...screws everyone up.

Betty won't back out, you always have to tell her it is the best and at that age, believe me it can flip in a nano second to disaster so yea, that needs to proceed and get'er done too

Hey Nicco and Jazz
waiting on updates

----------house is sold. no realtor. I knew if we said between the 2 interested people, hey $550K firm one would pony up. Yea the ONE WHO wanted it real bad snatched it in 2 seconds and said hooray! I am glad she got it, she really really wanted it so they got what they wanted for their retirement. Heart surgeon and not sure what wife does but she is besties with Darlene next store so I bet they are thrilled HA

now gotta push final clean out. no more 'time'....now on a lawyer contract schedule etc...ugh

well I am happy and can't wait til final signature and done. I NEED this off me and NOW.

steak and pork on menu today. keeping it simple.

big sun and warmer, weee...summer is on its way
  #726   ^
Old Tue, May-03-22, 15:54

BF:

TRIG- Yay and yay on SOLD!!!!!!! I know you will be so happy to put this behind you and move on.

Yum- your food was mine today too steak! good with that!

NIC
- what is shaking- how was the shower?

Lori- - OMG at this point I will take a putter day!
------------------------------------------------------
Ladies I hit "that wall"

Tired and will post tomorrow. All good just overtime of 16 hours yesterday kicked my but- up at 430. Just can't today!

WOE- on point!
  #727   ^
Old Tue, May-03-22, 19:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi All-

Quick check in. All is well. Things with the Octogenarians is going great. They are enjoying each other, getting along well, no major issues and few minor ones either. It has been pretty laid back. They remind me of first graders but not in a bad way. They've been very cute.

My Dad did have another seizure though, and apparently he had one last Tu, last Wed and then today (Tu) so that's three in a week. I really hope he can get some help or guidance from a neurologist. The first one hasn't been able to help much thus far from what I can tell.

Anyway, we head back tomorrow. I'll be glad to be in my own bed, or more importantly reunited with my pillow that I left at home! It's supposed to rain tmrw. I expect we'll leave around 11 or so.

Hugs!
  #728   ^
Old Wed, May-04-22, 03:07

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig!!! Congrats on the sale of the house. I know you'll be so relieved to have that off your back. When it's time, it's time. Is your sciatic issue resolved?

Jaz....Wow....they are really working you this last week of the project! You will be more than ready for a break at the end of all this.

Nic.....Hope your last day goes well. That is so scary about your Dad and his seizures. It sure seems like there should be some drug that would control them. I'm glad they've all been getting along and enjoying being together.

---------

We got home about 8:30 last night after meeting our DD & Dan for dinner and signing the sales agreement. Done! I still think there will be some paperwork issues with the deed and also the fact that Dan signed the agreement, but the deed is in his deceased wife's name. I'm hoping a death certificate will be all that is required. I do have to go pay the back taxes before things can officially be transferred. DD is going to check with the lawyer to see when I should do that, probably by the end of this week. Dan has lost a lot of weight and is walking with a cane and looks to be in a lot of pain.....back and knee issues. It was rather shocking to see him hobbling along. He seems to be doing ok....still got a little upset while telling us the whole story of her hospital experience again. We have heard it many times on the phone, but we just let him talk. He said he is waiting for some possible stock cash in etc. He said if he gets a big windfall of $$ from some old stocks or something he will pay off what our kids are borrowing to buy this house. Yeah......figure the odds, but it was nice of him to say. He really is feeling bad/guilty that our kids are put in the situation of having to buy the place when it should have just gone to them. He kept thanking us for helping him by buying it. It's a sad situation all around, but we'll get thru it.

Today I'm just hanging out and then getting my hair cut/colored at 3. I may run to the grocery store and CVS at some point. I'm not sure if it's going to rain today or not. We had a T-storm at some point overnight and I heard it pouring rain. We're in a pattern of rain this week....looks like golf will be canceled for Friday and Saturday....heavy rain coming. Blech! Come on hot summer days!

Later!
  #729   ^
Old Wed, May-04-22, 05:25

BF:

Lori we got the rain pattern too...bleck

As much as we all wanted to hang Dan from the nearest yardarm, lol, yea it seems they both f'd up the home situation and at some point forigive and forget and if that pitiful ya know there is no forgetting but one can forgive. I say very cool of you guys in the end of it all!! Happy you are close to knowing that YOU GUYS own it outright and any claims in the future are nil and non-existent! Must make ya feel great!

Cut/color....ya still doing a rose gold in your hair?

Nicco.....sorry on your Dad but if these seizures are 'newer' to him it takes time for meds to work. Vet told me people and dogs are the same in seizures if they are thru the kinds same 'med issues' and it took a while to get dog straight on meds with doses and more, so maybe if this is his case he can get better adapted and live easier thru them I hope!! But darn if life don't come at us fast like a frieght train in our faces.....boy we are all feeling that going down!

Jaz, yea chillax. Not ever a darn thing wrong with that!!!! Sometimes one day don't do it, ya need a darn week of 'nothingness' to get that energy and more back.....your time is short on this gig, your time is coming to recoup!

-------------saw MIL yesterday for a little bit. OMG SHE WENT downhill. Just 'frail' and sickly looking and moaning/groaning of ALL her ailments and yea, after seeing her from when I saw her last (we do phone calls but seeing is believing ya know) that she is not in a good place. Sores/bruises on her arms, she has 0 good movement with oxygen issues, not sleeping and BIG swollen ankles which she can't handle and and and to me, yea I see it coming like a f'ing freight train right at her and use and I know won't be long before things 'are going to have to be discussed' ya know. OK enough of that...

-----------zc going well. eating less as temps get higher and higher.
Love summer and high heat. I change. Hibernate and eat like a bear in winter, eat way less and thrive and move in summer...yea that is me to a T

yesterday was 12 oz NY Strip steak, 1 small pork chop and tuna/mayo

today is same steak and ? Maybe just a little pork again with tuna and mayo

hey I a cool with just that

all ok here, just things to do, things to handle and all that stuff

be good out there all!!
  #730   ^
Old Wed, May-04-22, 06:59

BF:

Good morning Ya'll!

I was pretty jaw dropped with all your posts! Geeze- things are happening! Where to start in no order-

Trig- - OMG on the MIL. Just when your life get a bit settled after all you have been through. I will stop there. I know you gotta be thinking about the NEXT for her. I would be having that discussion sooner than later. I know that you are considering how fast things went down for your mom. HUGS and more HUGS you have been through it.

On a happier note I am truly glad the house went and went fast and you like who is getting it. You bet you go up a bit and put out there what you wanted and got it without all the drama. I hope it goes fast and you get your sum and put it to good use!

Yup and Yup and eating lighter with shorts and tanks. It is really warm here. Yes some showers, but warmed up nicely!
How is kiddo.

Lori-
- You know I am not super religious, but I do believe in what goes around comes around. I was really ticked at the situation you are in. None of which is your fault. It boiled down to others and careless living. But that being said- I agree that Dan sounds pitiful. He obviously knows what happened and feels some remorse. He will live with it all and that is enough. I agree forgive and move on and live well. It is what it is and in the end your family will rightfully have the home for many more generations.

Bummer on the rain, we are getting hit and miss showers here. Nothing like an all day rain maker. Sounds like a day for chili! Sometimes I love a all day rain day, it's an excuse to stay in, watch movies, and stay in jammies!

Nic- I'm glad that everything is going well and you are headed home today! Concerning to hear about your dad. I sure hope he gets his meds worked out!
They all head home tomorrow right? I bet you are counting down the hours! However, it is good for you to have had them all out you know.
I know what you are doing this weekend- NOT A DANG THING!
---------------------------------------------------------------
I have 3 more days- 2 after today. I am ready!!!!!!!
This weekend will be busy though.

Saturday I am meeting the littles at the zoo in the afternoon
Sunday I am headed to Atlanta to see mom for Mothers day. I didn't see her last year or the year before that. She is also declining and may not have many of those left. I have forgiven her and with boundaries it can be workable. I am very careful though to limit my stay and what is discussed. Keeping it short and light!

On a fun note- I listed on a whim a beanie baby I have had in my closet for years and years. I only put 2 on auction and one sold for 1600. 00. I about spit my coffee this morning! YES please! Don't think they aren't ALL going to auction! Yes, they are! I have all the collectible ones! My favorite two are: Princess Diana and The Spangle patriot flag bear. They are really cool.

Meeting- gotta run
  #731   ^
Old Thu, May-05-22, 04:10

BF:

Good Morning!

Was hoping to play golf today, but my friend had a tooth pulled yesterday and she is not supposed to do anything too strenuous for 3 days. I could go play by myself, but really not feeling it. I really need to get outside for a walk later today. We have 2 days of big rain coming tomorrow and Saturday, so today will be the day to get out.

Got my hair chopped off yesterday. Short angled bob. I wanted it shorter since I wear a hat most of the time on the golf course and don't want "wings" coming out the sides. I just got blonde highlights instead of the rose gold this time. I'll go back to the rose gold in the Fall.

----------

Trig......It sounds like your MIL is not doing well at all. I know you'll have your hands full with that situation.

Nic.....Is this the day your life returns to normal? I know you've been going full out since the weekend. Ahhhh......kick your feet up and relax after today.

Jaz......Score on the selling of the Beanie Babies! WOW! I wish I would have collected them instead of Boyd's Bears! You have a busy weekend coming up. Won't it be nice to know that come Monday morning you don't have to log on to work??

------------

Waiting to hear from DD about what's next with the house purchase. The other night when we met with Dan, DH told him that there are no hard feelings and that we are so sorry about what happened with Robin and what Dan is going thru. DH said we are just looking forward....it is what it is as far as the house. We also thanked him for giving us the opportunity to buy it at a relatively low price so we can keep it in the family. He really is a good guy, stuck in a really bad situation.

Ok.......enough of that. Have good days everyone!
  #732   ^
Old Thu, May-05-22, 05:36

BF:

Lori, yea Dan did come thru in the end, giving that lower price and moving the home in the exact right path it should have gone anyway ya know but I feel ya....older I get a tad more forgiving I am too....feel ya on that!! cool

No rose? Oh I was thinking you were gonna 'color' into your hair....purple? heehee, my kiddo would say heck yea you should go purple or peach or green HA

tooth pulled...unless cut out and mangled I got a back tooth pulled and was up and baling hay about an hr later LOL I tell ya, it does hurt tho, a day down and rest is a nice thing ugh on teeth crap!!

Jazz, 1600 for 1 beanie...damn, you are rich HA
I should put my porcelain horse collection out there to sell but I am systematically giving it all to Barb. She and me, horses and she is getting it all....slowly as I 'find I wanna give them up' but damn at $500 for a few of my horse sculptures, and I enjoyed them, in the end I see it as, damn wish I had that money now HA

Yea you too getting older we see have to forgive. We have no choice in the end kinda or we stay bitter, I don't wanna be bitter and you don't either so you are smart to let it go and just deal with present and let life get better between you guys as you can. I so understand that!! Heals you!!

Nicco is PEOPLE BUSY to the max hope all is going well for all!!

-------today is simple, this rain around never hit, big lightening and thunder and no rain, cool.

oh, I 'chatted with hubby' til he ran and got mad a bit but I drew him back and said....you have to face this and best get your 'mental ducks' in a row when it comes down fast' on his mom. So we are chatting on it but damn ya know.

got call on other property. lady has buyer who wants that 14 acres, we said 3 mil and she said that is kinda premium and hubby said, so ya wanna buy premium or not? so another interest happening there maybe? Just send me the damn check baby!!

steak and shrimp today. easy peasy

got alot on my plate. a tad brain dead but coping.

damn leg weirdo sciatic nerve thing is now coming and going, which means it is on the way out and healing but damn....SO over it! ain't got time for this BS! Weeee....

ok that is me, great day all
  #733   ^
Old Thu, May-05-22, 08:38

BF:

Hello Ladies!!!!!!!

My LAST DAY FOR THIS GIG! I took tomorrow off. Boss lady said if any of us temps want tomorrow off we can. The project is over and we are doing busy work- addressing letters for physicians. I am just DONE and have already put in 40 hours and that does not include tomorrow. Yeah so I want to day to be it.

Trig- WHOOT WHOOT on a possible sale for that 14 acers! HELL YA premium. They would toss a development in it and make BIG bucks. 3 mill is a drop in a bucket for a developer. They were just trying to low ball ya. Hold firm on that. If they want it they will give it to you!

I so agree "that conversation" regarding MIL does need to happen. I am sure hubby doesn't want to "go there". So sad. Life as you know to well. The issue is when family waits to late and then it becomes urgent. So I am glad you are brining it up.
It takes a minute for stuff like that to sink in.

Easy peasy food right now agree. Summer is lighter fare! Just feels better.

Lori-I bet you feel great about your new haircut!!! I love the blond on you. I also like the rose in it! You are pretty versatile with what you can do!

I also am glad you are at peace with the house situation. It sounds like things are working out!

Rain there today?

Nic- is everyone gone???????????- Can't wait to hear how it all went down!
--------------------------------------------------------
Beautiful day here! Rain late tomorrow.

I had 2 interviews yesterday. I will share more on those as they either develop or not.

Food right on point. Beef is doing well for me right now and not rocking the boat!

Back later
  #734   ^
Old Thu, May-05-22, 15:00

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey y'all- putting a dot and taking a full on recovery day. Last of company left today and I am whipped! Personals etc coming tomorrow. Hugs!
  #735   ^
Old Thu, May-05-22, 17:29

BF:

NIC- You rest and rest up!!!!!!!!!!!!