Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: does a No!! suger,wheat,rice,softdrink,carbs,dairyetc make ur fibro go into REMISSION
YES am pain free 19 23.46%
yes only 50% pain free 29 35.80%
yes only 20% pain free 14 17.28%
NO hasnt done a thing for me still in bad pain 19 23.46%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

#46   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 17:34

Plan: Meat, Veggies, Nuts
Stats: 181/185/130 Female 61.5
BF:Falling Fluff
Progress: -8%

High everyone, just yesterday i was diagnosed with severe Fibromyalgia. I have a spore count of 2,145, and my dr. is putting me on Avyclovir for 3 months. Has anyone ever had to take this,if so can you tell me if its worth it. I have had sever shoulder and elbow pain, and 18 months ago frozen femur with extreme pain, was bed ridden. Another thing can a person that has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia be put on Diability. I haven't worked for yrs and not knowing what this was, I was put on oxycodone, and now Morphine for the pain. I have been LC but am lost with knowing what to do. I have signed up for some new letters and have dropped by some sights. But since everyone her has it, I think more help is here. Well I hope this site livins up I am in so much pain, Debbie
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 18:19

Plan: atkins hybrid
Stats: 210/179/150 Female 65 inches
BF:that's the point.
Progress: 52%

Yes, Deb! Oh my, yes! I'm aware of 3 people here in the city I live in that are on disability due to FM. Definitely talk to your Dr and you may have to contact a lawyer to start the proceedings. My FM pain has become very manageable, so take heart! My acquaintances took a very long time to get their Disability started so be prepared for a wait and possibly a fight. One of the ladies said that her case went faster because her Dr also stated that she has Rheumatoid Arthritis, so her main complaints were the arthritis and the FM. If you have any other complaints it's best to list them WITH the FM.
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-08, 03:28
Registered Member

Plan: Fm diet
Stats: 140/140/70 Female 5feet 7ins
BF:
Progress:

as the cause of fibromyalgia is to many phosphates in our blood
stream and when our body has to many phosphates they get thowen into
our muscle cells and then when we eat crabs , they trun into sugar,
the insulin deposits the sugar along with phosphates into our cells.
So everytime we eat carbs we are counteracting the exact biochemical
thing that the Guaifenesin does ; Guaifenesin takes the phosphates
out of our cells, carbs put phosphates into the cells so thats why
when we eat crabs, Sugar in any form and junk that causes etc
phosphates to go into our cells then the ++ fibromyalgia pain

am the ONE that started this tread like over 18months ago and u are still posting!wow

i have done every reserch under the sun and am on treatments that are working

i have had over 200 pain free days and even weeks in a row with the treatments that am on With diet, exerises and the Guai protocol

in an year and a half i have had 3 pain free days in a row this week
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-08, 11:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/275/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wanted to chime in on this one for the person that was looking for a good Massage therapist to treat FM.

I am a massage therapist that when I was able to work I treated my FM patients with lymphatic drainage and myofacial release. The combination got SPECTACULAR results in EVERY patient.

As for my own, there is no one here that understands that but me. But you could use those terms and ask for those and those alone as sweedish pushes the toxic garbage back into your body for your already weak system to have to deal with again. The myofacial release releases the muscles from their compressed strained positioning and the lymphatic drainage takes the toxins that are released (still less than other types) and flushes them out of the body faster.

Just make sure and drink enough water for your body to be able to do that, or you will get a headache and side effects like that.

Hope that helps.

Gogeyi
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 14:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 204/148/128 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

I have lc'd for over 2 years, stalled and then went into low cal/low fat. My fibro pain worsened and I went on Neurontin. Now I am back on lc and lowering my Neurontin by one a day to see if I can get back to O.
Any ideas on Neurontin/ LC or side effects?
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 18:31
Registered Member

Stats: 162/156/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress:

I went on Neurontin and it did help the fibro. I think my fibro. was actually a yeast problem and once I got that cleared up and stayed on LC my fibro has been 99% gone. No more neurontin.
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 13:16

Plan: Metabolic Typing Diet
Stats: 287/259/180 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deciedee
I have lc'd for over 2 years, stalled and then went into low cal/low fat. My fibro pain worsened and I went on Neurontin. Now I am back on lc and lowering my Neurontin by one a day to see if I can get back to O.
Any ideas on Neurontin/ LC or side effects?

Neurontin is a pharma tweaking of the amino acid GABA. I wish I knew exactly what they do. I do use GABA some days if my legs have been in a cramped position (driving or riding in vehicle). I like to take it in the afternoon between lunch and supper when I also take some coenzyme Vitamin B.
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Mar-09-09, 17:44
Registered Member

BF:

Dear BUMP- what other sweeteners can I use if I cut out Splenda or aspertame? (I never have used Aspartame, but splenda has been ok.)
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Mar-10-09, 12:41
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the info on the GAMA. I will look into that. I have weaned myself off the neurontin and I am achey and stiff but so far so gooo. I just wanted to see what else I could try besides the drug.
My next question is about the sleep...I am not sleeping much since going off and I am wondering about that. I use benadryl but 3 are not working this week and I don't want to keep going up on that either. Any ideas.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-09, 03:02
Registered Member

BF:

Hey, guess what? I have Fibro! Went off the Neurontin just to see how I would do without it...Yikes! This stuff hurts! I had forgotten how much I hurt BEFORE THE MEDS! Yeah, I will think twice before trying that again.! I had become so used to feeling better that I thought that maybe this wasn't so bad...ha. I guess before the meds I was just used to feeling this rotten. No, I went back on and will think about alternatives another time. ouch. and AMAZINGLY tired. eek.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-09, 14:44

Plan: Metabolic Typing Diet
Stats: 287/259/180 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deciedee
Hey, guess what? I have Fibro! Went off the Neurontin just to see how I would do without it...Yikes! This stuff hurts! I had forgotten how much I hurt BEFORE THE MEDS! Yeah, I will think twice before trying that again.! I had become so used to feeling better that I thought that maybe this wasn't so bad...ha. I guess before the meds I was just used to feeling this rotten. No, I went back on and will think about alternatives another time. ouch. and AMAZINGLY tired. eek.

How goes the sleep? Is it better with the drug? My husband has wondered if Neurontin would help me, but I'd rather not take another med. I do so many things to make sure I sleep well: lots of quiet time, let my legs relax, hot bath, sleep in a recliner. I look forward to eventually being able to sleep in a bed again and we're going to shop for something that's comfortable. Tell me again why you wanted to stop taking the Neurontin.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-09, 19:33
Registered Member

BF:

I was afraid it was a hinderance to the weight loss, and I just hate to know I have to have a certain med. But, forget it. It is well worth whatever it might do. I didn't realize how much better I was with it.
as for sleep, I didn't think that it helped that much but also didn't sleep much when i went off, so maybe it does.
I know it def helps with all else. You should at least try. It starts in a small dose and you can work up from there to where you feel comfortable. i am at 2-3 a day.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Mar-20-09, 10:48

Stats: 280/188/150 Female 66"
BF:Day37=2"loss belly
Progress: 71%

I still have bad FMS pain that is managed using mucinex (guaifenesin) daily. I can be pain free with the guai if I limit my activity and stress.

I have been low carbing 5 years and don't see it has any effect on the pain but my adrenal glands are now working properly.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-09, 21:18

Plan: Meat, Veggies, Nuts
Stats: 181/185/130 Female 61.5
BF:Falling Fluff
Progress: -8%

I haven't came here for a long time, 1 yr to be exact. Alot has changed. I was on Morphine for the fibro, and in sept of 08 my Dr got arrested, and I was left hanging. Well I saw his partner and he checked me and said YES you do have Fibro, oh duh! and he said he wasn't going to give me a refill of the morphine I have been taking for over a yr, and Oxy before that for 1 yr. So he gave me Lyrica and told me I had to get off the Morphine, no help...So I had to do it alone, it was terrible, painfull and after weeks of withdrawls and waking up in a soaked state, I was angry, mad, and disappointed in the healthcare of our country.
I never started the Lyrica, I have been fair. Some days I am fine, others I try to ignore, others I hurt a lot and it gets better as the days gone on.
I do think when I stay true to LC and don't drink any soda I am better. I drink a soda maybe 1 a week.
I just deal with major fatigue, and 1/2 maybe my BP meds I had to start taking, because I quit the morphine so quickely I ended up with very high BP. Sucks....
I have said I will not take another narcotic as long as I live,,, Hope nothing ever happens and they give me it....

Well this is my 1yr story......
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-09, 11:39

Stats: 183/167/130 Female 61
BF:
Progress:

My fibro is in remission. I used to have a real bad case and got disabled from working because of it. What helped me was walking laps in the shallow end of the pool and water aerobics. It seemed there was less stress on the body that way. I don't have any fibro symtoms since doing water aerobics.