Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 22:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 194/194/160
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Thinking about Restarting !

Hi everyone, i fell off the wagon last year at Christmas, its taken me this long to even think about restarting and I'm scared !
Im worried that i wont be able to stick to it, that it will be another attempt at a diet ( lets see, that attempt # 452 now )
I really have to lose weight, but am going crazy trying to decide which plan to follow........WW, low fat, Scarsdale, Atkins ???? But i keep coming back to " maybe i could give Atkins one more go......"
So what i want to know, is how you are all going on it ? How much you've lost and in what time frame ???? Oh, and maybe a few wise words of encouragement too !!!!!!!!
Thanks for letting me ramble on .....
Kitty 007 xxx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 23:28
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome back kitty-007!

The important thing about achieving a lifetime of health through the way you eat is picking a plan that you can live with for the rest of your life. You also have to be entirely ready to give up your fat. It may have been your friend in the past, but have you outgrown the friendship yet? The addictive pull of carbs is very powerful.

In a low-carb forum, low-carbing is promoted. Of course I think it's one of the best things that's ever happened to me. As a tool, it has changed the course of my health and my life.

Important thing #2 is to keep doing it! Everyone digresses from time to time, but if you make a serious switch to low-carbing, you just keep on coming back until it becomes a routine.

Low-carbing is a learning experience. It's good to set goals, but our bodies have their own sense of what is right and how to go about it that is usually entirely different than what we expect. And, life just unfolds in ways we don't expect either.

If you click on the profile icon at the bottom of a members post, you can see a bit of their history and clicking the journal icon will take you to their journals.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 17:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/193/160
BF:
Progress: 63%
Thumbs up Welcome Back Kitty!

Hi Kitty!

Karen is right on the money.
To it I would add, are you ready within yourself? From personal experience, I can tell you most emphatically that why I am having success with this program is because I was mentally and emotionally ready to lose my weight. Because I hadn't really been ready before, I failed every other program (mind you imo they were harder). I also have my doctor supporting me on this program which I find is incredibly helpful.

If you do want to give Atkins another whirl, remember it is a long term thing, not a quick fix, and throughout the journey, the people on this site will be there for you on any level you need.

I wish you the best of luck, and every success no matter your choice.

Luv

Rey
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 18:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Hi Kitty,

All I can say is that lowcarbing is the best thing i have ever done. i feel great and have heaps of energy....and i have lost 51lbs in 8 months.

The other good thing is that as a way of life it just gets easier and easy, so the longer you can stick at it the easier and the more "normal" it seems. Plus, I can't remember the last time i had a carb craving

Give it another try and you'll love the results

lesley
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 04:31

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

I have tried all the diets you mention within the last year and failed.
i was getting fatter and more depressed and disheartened. I doubted my inner strength to be able to stick with LC for the long haul but I commited to doing two weeks and decide form there.

Well after only 5 days i knew i would go beyond the two weeks because I was actually enjoying yes enjoying it!!
I would never have whipped cream before or butter on my vegies, unless i sneaked it and then would feel so guilty and weak about it
I was losing weight and eating all these goodiess , what was the trick? Well i still havnt found that one out and its still working FAR better than anything else ever has and you know when i finished those first two weeks I didnt even feel that i needed that medal I was having my cake (so to speak) and eating it too
I have far more energy am more alert and Im not hungry or deprived. I dont miss or crave for all those carbs , the only thing I would like more of are vegies and that day will come down the track, its truely a nice big piece of kumura (sweet potato) or dry butternut (though it was legal like pumpkin but everdently not ) I would like right now, not a biscuit (cookie) I can hardly believe that is ME saying that and in all honesty too.
best of luck with what ever you decide