Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 13:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/132/125
BF:
Progress: 83%
Talking So - How is everyone doing?

I am moving along rather well so far. Still excited about the whole thing too. Getting up at 5:00 for my first cardio was hard but I was so glad afterwards (and all day long) that I did.

I went to GNC last night to pick up a protein shake mix but was forced to bring my kids with me, one of whom decided to sleep her little 35 pound body in my arms as I was looking. Needless to say, I felt pressured to pick something out and get out of there. I bought GNC's Elite Whey mix (it has glutamine and BCAA mixed in). Anyone tried this? I guess I'd like more time to go back and compare prices and ingredients thoroughly, etc.

Also, I feel like I am eating a TON and have to force myself to get that much food in. I don't think my portions are too big, I am just not usually hungry at the time my next meal is due. I'm trying to follow his eating guidelines as closely as possible while keeping my carb intake low but I am allowing myself a couple pieces of fruit a day. Just wondering how the rest of you are doing with this? I've cut my fat intake too. I'll try that and see how it works for the first couple of weeks.

Nat - you are getting pretty close to the end of the first 12 weeks are you not? What do you think so far?

Take care all
Dee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 22:26

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Dee....

Today was BFL Day 12 for me....LBWO. Had a good one. Reached a couple of tens. Haven't had any remarkable soreness in my lower body yet. Have been feeling the results of my UBWO from Wednesday. Seems to take 36 to 48 hours for me to feel it. I noticed today that my posture has really improved. That's a bonus!

Marlaine
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 22:33
Registered Member

Stats: 210/192/118
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Have I found a near-by member?

Marlaine, how far are you from Portland?
Cherie
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 22:44

BF:

Cherie.....

Well.....I've done the drive leaving Vancouver at about 6AM and arrived in downtown Portland noonish....so six hours away. Have been to Portland several times.

Marlaine
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 23:05
Registered Member

Stats: 210/192/118
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Oh! Vancouver BC (Not Washington state)

I'm glad to get your reply. What are your favorite ways of using this site? I'm just getting accustomed to it. I just started my journal.
Cherie
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 23:14

BF:

Cherie....

I spend a fair bit of time here. I keep my Journal and my Gym Log and I try to spend some time everyday reading around the site. Mainly I come here for the support. Have you accessed the FAQ at the top of the page beside the blue question mark? It will fill you in on the technicalities of using the site. Beyond that it's just a matter of reading and posting to threads that interest you!

Welcome! and for starting a journal!!

Marlaine