Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-12, 18:38

Plan: low carb
Stats: 205/173/150 Female 5' 6''
BF:38.79/38.13/30
Progress: 58%
Default Ignorant comments

Needing to vent.

I am finally at a healthy 140 lbs, size 8/10 and I am really proud of my accomplishments.

Yesterday at lunch someone made a comment about how I was depriving myself and 'starving' myself. For lunch I had a lare baked sweet potato with cinnamon and butter, a serving of mung bean pasta w/alfredo sauce, greek yog w/strawberries. She stated the words, "You're killing yourself!" as she chomped down a big mac, large fry and supersized soda. I really wanted to challenge that but just made a statement about making the choice to eat healthy. I hate how people just assume that I must be starving myself to have lost the weight.

I went to the seamstress this week to have a gown taken in. It played a large part in my weightloss, but I surpassed my goal and and the dress became way to big. Proud of my accomplishments I went to the seamstress. Who repeatedly commented on my decrease in breast size. I used to be a c now I am an A-b oh well. I am much healthier. She was standing behind me and assessing my figure and stated "oh honey, you have lossed far more than you have gained in my opinion". Wow, that was cruel. I explained to her that I would rather be healthy than have larger breast. Still, made me just want to go bury my head (and my breast) in the sand!

grrr!
KariAnna
Sponsored Links