Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 08:17

Plan: atkins 2002
Stats: 256/249.5/140 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default omg im not cheating anymore

I Cheated Big Time Yesterday Morning And I Am Still Paying For It, I Didnt Eat All Night At Work And Almost Passed Out One Of The Doctors I Work With Threatened To Put Me In The Hospital, We Were So Busy I Couldnt Eat And Hadnt Eaten For 24 Hours My Blood Sugar Was 42 And Im Not Diabetic Or Hypoglycemic But When You Run 12 Miles In A Night Around Hospital On Nothing Blood Sugar Drops Can Happen Even To Those Of Us Without Sugar/ Insulin Problems, So I Got Off Work And Was Starving And Stressed Out So I Took My Son Out To Breakfast At Shoney's, Bad Idea, Very Bad Idea, I Completely Blew My Diet With Biscuits And Hash Browns And I Am So Paying For It Even 24 Hours Later I Still Have Diarrhea And My Stomach Is In Knots I Need To Eat My Breakfast But Not Sure If I Can Keep It Down Im Gonna Go Make Myself A Cup Of Tea, Ive Also Lost Another 1 1/2 Pounds Since Yesterday Due To Dehydration, It Was So Not Worth It.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 15:10

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Wow. It sounds like you might want to bring some low carb, high fat snacks to work with you for days like that. Maybe some nuts, wrapped cheese, etc. good luck! It sounds like you're doing really well other than this event.

Last edited by Ccat69 : Sun, Jul-31-16 at 10:44. Reason: Typo
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 15:32

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Hi Jessica; Yeah cheats are a downer. But you can climb right back into the game. The Scarsdale diet is very low calorie.
Have you considered Atkin's instead? You can eat much more and then you might not feel tempted to eat off plan or binge on junky foods?
Atkins you can eat protein, healthy fats and get your carbs through dark green leafy veggies. The reason I like it so much is because I can sustain this lifestyle forever - it's a way of life instead of a short term diet. Let me know what you think.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 22:48

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

If you are ketogenic (burning your own fat, not glucose, for fuel), you should be able to make it for hours without needing any food, and have even more energy. It does take a few weeks to get to that point, however. This is what many endurance athletes are doing now, and it seems to prevent the "bonk."