Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 20:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Wow, What a party! I had to go back 3 pages just to catch up.

Let me start by saying that Ben and Jerry learned how to make ice cream at Penn State! Now you know why Pennsylvania is the second leading consumer of ice cream in the US.

Wendye, I agree with you. The only thongs I will be wearing will be on my feet!

Vivi, I think we have a generation gap here. You are so young and so thin already that there are certain things you must not have learned yet. No. 1 Change of Life is Menopause! No. 2, I think that fat front butt refers to that big saggy belly that tends to hang in two separate sides with a divider in the middle.. Correct me if I'm wrong. I bluched when I read your words for front butt. Maybe the terminology has changed since I learned these things. BTW are Joe Parterno and the boys (Penn State Football team) behaving themselves down there in Orlando?

Seems like ice cream and fudge are the main things tying us together here. We need to work on this. I just got an ice cream maker for Christmas (plan to try to make some low carb) and I just got a recipe for low carb Hershey kisses. I guess this won't solve the addiction will it?

I'm with the rest of you. I'm not fessing up until Wed. But I will say that the 3 lbs that I thought I gained over Christmas looks like it has turned into at least 5.

Now that shagging picture that posted looks like the old fashioned jitterbug to me. Another sign of my age!

Carol
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 20:34

BF:

Wendye, looks like this thread will make it to the newsletter. We'd better mind our manners though. All this shagging, rooting and f words may get us kicked out by the BB police. Got to keep this clean!
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 23:41

Stats: 195/182/135
BF:
Progress: 22%
Question BB Police?

BB Police? Whatzat?? Big Butt Police? Holy cow, I'm in trouble...
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 01:04

Plan: My own LC plan
Stats: 322/290/200 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
BB Police? Whatzat?? Big Butt Police? Holy cow, I'm in trouble...

ROTFLMAO....

I can't wait to find out what it really is... I'm crying with that one sewcrazy.. you are so crazy..
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 01:46

Stats: 177/140/140 Female 5'3 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default F-words...

Some NYEve Party going on here...all these F-words ...Oh! My!
I thought I heard CCA hollerin' for "FLUFFY", so I came running...

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol CA
Somebody HELP me! I've FALLEN... and can't get up!

Don't worry CCA, I'm here to HEP U up!!! WOW! More than 800 LCers have checked us out! Wendye girl, I think it's a great idea to see how much we can lose as a group ... 50 lbs this month should be "a piece a cake"! LC cake!

2003 is here...HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad to see that sug'a and gin made it!

I opt'd to stay home and see the new year in with DS...We had a couple glasses of red Italian wine and some snacks (hot wings, popcorn chicken, cream cheese and shrimp w/red sauce , celery, cauliflower, black olives, and ranch dip and hot cheese dip) then some bubbly at midnight...we intended to watch "Heaven's Gate" with "Hunk" Kris Kristofferson but, after an hour of it, we decided that it was cramping our festive moods, so we turned it off in favor of the Times Square Countdown...DS has just taken the rest of the Champagne and gone home...(don't worry he's walkin', lives next door!)

HEY DEMI, thanks for the fireworks!

Two more sleeps and then "Induction to the letter" for me...for two weeks!...maybe I can lose the lbs. that I've gained back, then onward to my goal...I'm up for it...and lookin' forward to it! After tomorrow there will be "NO CARBAGE" in my house!

This is a great hang out for us "losers" I love it here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hunkwatch!.jpg (3.4 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by heyjude607 : Wed, Jan-01-03 at 01:48.
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 03:55
Registered Member

Stats: 207/185/154
BF:
Default Hunks what do you think?

Ladies I have been reading through your journal. I now find I get all the exercise I require from picking myself off the floor after laughing myself silly over your posts. I am not sure if it's allowed for me to post a couple of hunks but here I go

keep up the good work, all the best to you and yours for 2003

Regards Graham
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 04:00

Plan: My Own
Stats: 333/215/160 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Graham - cute pics - not officially hunks (they are usually hot sweaty scarcely clad (if possible) good looking muscly fellas (like out Atkid and Rustspot ... oooH sorry and Richard)- but yours are too cute for words - I see they are in your avatar too!!! Lucky you to have such adorable munchkins!!!!

Hey - I went to the doctor's today to have an official weigh in - and guess what??? - they were closed - I guess you're not supposed to get sick on New Year's Day!!! So I'll have to go tomorrow.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

The frontbutt question!! I was under the assumption that a front butt was just a big tummy!!!??????? but now I am completely confused --

I was quite happily using the term!!!

Then Atkid came and confuse me more - I thought he was talking about a frontbutt being a bust - that's what I call the "shelf"..

Then Vivi and Carol come in wiht another idea - they think it is something else altogether (a powder puff!!!!)

I think I should be blushing -- but I only meant it to be a saggy, chubby, tummy - sorry if others thought it was somehting else!!!

Ginger and Asugar - you'd better give us a real definition!! You started it - it's a made up word but obviously has different connotations depending on cultural background - here we have UK US and Oz

Here are some trolls - I think they have front butts!!! (My other troll (posted earlier) is not appearing - he's gone shy (disappeared into a little red ex) - he's embarrassed with all this front butt talk (and he was Norwegian!!)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Wendye : Wed, Jan-01-03 at 04:08.
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 04:54

BF:
Default ROTFLMAOWTOLRDMF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~

I B back when I can see again...

"Sheeit"

~CCA
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 05:36

BF:
Default FINE MESS U GOT ME INTO THIS TIME OLLIE!

~~~

I brought your Whoosh Fairie (and her "frontbutt") over here to help you outta this mess,
my Wendye Frendye!

Jude, LUAMI

"A pat on the back is only a few centimeters from a kick in the butt."
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg wendyefairie.jpeg (58.3 KB, 94 views)
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 06:55

Plan: My Own
Stats: 333/215/160 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Thanks Jude - i haven't seen her for some time - and yes she does have a front butt - my type anyway - Let's make her a visible entitiy!!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/attachme...=&postid=721097

There now she can keep an eye on you lot!!!

P.S. We are nearly up to 900 viewers !!! -- I can't believe it!

Last edited by Wendye : Wed, Jan-01-03 at 07:17.
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 07:38
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Here I am, come to join all of the people here who are going to be successful in 2003! I plan on sticking to the program that I know works and drinking at least 75 oz. of water a day.

How about this for a whoosh fairy?

Beth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gennysmiling.jpg (22.5 KB, 24 views)
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 10:53
Registered Member

Plan: Shoogadownsizing!
Stats: 205/145/150 Female 5'4"
BF:F/C/C
Progress: 109%

Happy New Year, Everybody! It's January 1 and I am here to post my official start-in weight of 161! I have no idea how I got away with the mother of all Christmas binges, but it looks like I did. I have Rocky Balboa music playing to help inspire us all, so let's get this wagon rolling.

I am going to be seated in the induction section of the wagon because as of today I am back on induction. I think the reason I haven't been losing so fast is b/c I've been packing away too many low carb treats such as peanut butter cups and Endulge bars and Atkins muffins and nuts. It's time to stop FOOLING ( I was gonna say FA*RTING but didn't want the BB police to arrest me) around.

asugar
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 11:06

Plan: atkins/somers/whatever
Stats: 193/149/154 Female 5 foot, 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 113%

LMAO WENDYE

I dont think anyone realized that you stole Donald's woosh fairy!!! We are all going to be dropping wieght like mad soon...LOL This thread is so funny. Wait until Donald finds out
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 11:10

Stats: 203/138/130 Female 5'4 1/2
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Sorry Carol miscommunication..

Quote:
Originally posted by Atkid
WENDYE!!!
In your first post of this thread with the rules, you said you wanted to rid the world of "front butts."
What does this mean?
It means something quite specific in England, you see.
Something I certainly wouldn't want to rid the world of ...
PLEDGES :
Just one. Give CAD a try.

by Wendye ..The frontbutt question!! I was under the assumption that a front butt was just a big tummy!!!??????? but now I am completely confused --

Yes Carol , that is the correct meaning of the word "FrontButt".. But as Atkid said they use the same word but a different meaning and I just gave our meanings of our "words" for their "Frontbutt" word.. Wheew dose this make sence..????

And why can't I say that changing the way we eat for life, Isn't a change of life??? I do know that the " The Change " is the word used for Menopause, but this is the English language.. dont we use terms and words.. that are the same... used as different meanings?? Maybe you can tell me different the words I should of used.. The lady was pissing me off for 1. and 2. for snooping in MY life and MY conversation.. Maybe I should of thought more before I spoke...

Now that my defence is spoken " I think??")

I wanted to share something that was sent to me and we can all reflect on it.. I am glad to share it..

Of all the communication you do, none is more important than how you talk to yourself. Your internal dialogue has more to do with your success in life than any other factor. Your success or failure begins and ends with you.

Wow! Think about that for a minute. What you think, what you believe, and what you say to yourself determines your success or failure. Every minute you are awake, you engage in 800 to 1,200 words of self-dialogue. In these conversations, you solve problems or create them, make decisions or avoid them, judge, praise, disparage or motivate yourself. You can dwell on past mistakes or plan future achievements.

Your conscious mind is a powerful thing. Your belief in the possibility or impossibility of your weight loss program determines the outcome. If you don't believe in the possibility of success, it's just not going to be possible.

So, how do you replace your old, self-defeating belief system with a new uplifting belief system? Try these two things:

1. Start from within. Simply eliminating old beliefs is not enough. You have to replace them with new positive ones, because something must occupy that empty space. Two words I hate to hear. Can't and But. Change your "I can't thoughts" to "How can I" thoughts. Change your I'd like to lose weight, but" thoughts, to "I'd like to lose weight, so" thoughts.

2. Stay away from the "can't do" people in your life. If you can't avoid them totally, then don't get infected with their negativity. Remember that the beliefs and opinions of other people do not have to become your reality. Someone is always going to try to tell you it's not possible, you're looking too thin, you're eating the wrong foods, etc. You have to train your mind to block out these negative words.

Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.
Watch your actions, they become your habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Last edited by vivi621 : Wed, Jan-01-03 at 11:14.
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 16:12

BF:

Vivi, I appologize if I offended you. This "lady" didn't try to intentionaly "piss you off" nor would I ever do that or use that terminology.

Also, I was not snooping in your life or your conversation. This is an open forum.

I think we must use a little more discretion in what we discuss here. There are specific rules on this site and although all the shagging, rooting and such are done in fun and in good taste we don't want to lose our privileges on this forum by fighting or using language or topics that are not permitted.

Wendye started this thread with the intention of support, fun, and becoming better friends. The people on this thread are here for all those purposes. It is a great group. Lets not ruin this.

I may have a way of wording things that people can take the wrong way. I'm sorry. That is not my intent.

Carol