Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 20:39
Registered Member

Plan: Need one
Stats: 240/240/200
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default How many minutes do I have to wait!?

I've been dabbling but I'm about to get strict, I've bought my unsweetened tea (and boy is it horrible) and I'm ok with the rest.

How long before a staggering figure of a man appears out of these ruins? Not the kind of staggering I am now - the other kind.

I'm 240 now and I should be a 90 lb weakling, well maybe a 190lb weakling (6' 1").

Hate to be impatient but "are we there yet!?"

rev
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 22:01
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Ah Rev!! You decided to take the plunge, have you? I"m so glad You'll be skinny before you know it....men lose so fast!! My hubby lost 22 lbs in just a few weeks and is now maintaining. You'll do great!!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 22:12
Registered Member

BF:

Yep, in for a penny, in for some pounds. I'm considering tomorrow to be day one. The day after that I'll stop counting...I'll post again when I'm 230.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 06:08

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Congrats!

Sooooooooooooooo.....

Which plan did you choose? Inquiring minds want to know
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 10:02
Registered Member

BF:

Agony:

The plan is to stay away from carbs, that's it. One rule and nothing else to think about or calculate.

I plan to buy a spade and dig the yard - why pay a gardener and then pay to go to a gym as well?

rev
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 10:21

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by revnice
Agony:

The plan is to stay away from carbs, that's it. One rule and nothing else to think about or calculate.

I plan to buy a spade and dig the yard - why pay a gardener and then pay to go to a gym as well?

Just a few questions, rev:

Have you figured out how much water you need to drink to stay healthy? What amount of protein you require to maintain lean mass? What you're going to do when you hit a stall / plateau? Whether you're going to give up caffiene? When and what carbs you're going to slowly add back into your diet when you reach your goal so that maintenance is possible?

Nat
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 22:02
Registered Member

BF:

>water?

You can take a rev to water but he'll only drink boooz

>lean mass?

Lean on me, I'm massive.

>when you hit a plateau?

I'll raise my hands like Rocky...'because it's there' (or is that only for mountains?).

>Whether you're going to give up caffiene?

I'll just take narcotics one day at a time

>what carbs you're going to add back into your diet?

what diet? I'm eating bacon! What can possibly be added?

>so that maintenance is possible?

I'm very low maintenance, ask my shrinks.

You can't shake the rev's resolve, he's a man for all seasons (was there a question in there!?) - I'm going to frighten this fat right off the plateau! See you on the skinny side of the slope...

rev
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 07:33

Plan: restarting Protein Power
Stats: 185/?/147
BF:
Progress: 63%
Talking

I think it would be nice if you started a journal now.

I understand why Nat's asking questions - she's concerned about what might happen if something goes wrong. Not saying it will, though, people can and do lose weight and stay healthy with no more of a plan that just watching the carbs a bit more. I still reckon it isn't a bad idea to flick through a book or two about it, though.

I also suggest a few green vegetables might not be a bad idea.

Course, if you're not getting the kind of weight loss you expect, then you can always post details of the food you're eating (and exercise you're doing, if any) - go into as much detail as you like, and we'll have a look. If you notice any odd health problems, then same thing again, feel free to post about it, it's cool to talk about everything from skin problems to bowel movements to psychological issues to drug addiction around these forums.

Take care, and keep us informed.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 13:14
Registered Member

BF:

Cool Squidgy, thanks!

rev
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 13:30

BF:

Though that's not to say that I disagree with the people who will keep insisting that you read the book! All I'm trying to say is the world won't end if you don't, but it would still be a thoroughly good idea if you did.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 12:17

BF:

Oh yeah, afterthought - hope it's not too late - but if you are diabetic, or have kidney problems, then making drastic changes to your diet without consulting your doctor first can be incredibly dangerous. That's another reason why many people here will insist that you read the book.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 16:06

Plan: Atkins-Gastric Bypass
Stats: 285/178/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 79%

Love your sense of humor. Hope you keep it throughout. When the mood strikes you, you might find the books interesting.

There can be a struggle with stalls if you don't watch what you eat and drink. If you only eat bacon, ok, but that would get old real fast. Perhaps you really, really like bacon.

You don't have that far to go, so good luck. I'm very analytical, so i don't mind the journally, charts and graphs, but that would probably bore you to tears. You will do exactly what you need to do. Good luck. Let's hear from you about your progress, and if you need any help, we are here.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 14:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/279/190 Male 6 foot 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default From another guy, about the same

Not much of a motivational typer, in fact I am impressed when I spell my name righ but........

When I started LC'ing in October of 01 I was at just under 285, I am 6'1 also but that is just TO much weight to hide.

Any way on 7-4-02 I came in at 213. My goal is 205 so as to re-join the army.

In my opinion I probably lost in some "spirts" to fast. But as long as you take care of yourself you will be good to go, in fact better then you where.

One thing that can't be over stated is working out. Cardo and resistance will boost, and speed things up better than any "diet" pill will do (some of them do help though).

Not to sure if that helps, but make the commitment and stick with it, an it will happen.

Good luck

Dave
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 15:18
Registered Member

BF:

Good words Dave except the part about joining the army! That's how accidents happen - no piont reaching 205 and getting killed.

Stay home and open a bakery, much safer.

Just my 2 cents.