Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 09:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/168/145
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Another life change today

Been on Induction almost two weeks now and not having any real problem with craving (I did break down and eat an apple one night and woke up 3 lbs. lighter the next morning!). The one thing that I have a problem with is exercise. I am going to the Y today and sign up for some type of program they are offering. I know me.....if it doesn't "cost" me something, I probably won't stick to it. If I have to pay for it though, you can bet I will try to get my money's worth from it. I have to admit that I have never really exercised in my life so this is a more significant change than switching to a LC WOL....afterall, I have dieted over and over and over again in the past.

Twinkle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 09:40

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Congratulations on becoming more active! What type of program is it?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 09:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/168/145
BF:
Progress: 43%

I don't know yet but I will be leaving here in about an hour and will find out what they have available when I get there. I am thinking since I am basically a couch potato, I need to start out with something low-impact that concentrates more on toning. No way I could start out with anything strenuous. I quit smoking the first Tuesday in December, 2001, am overweight and basically lazy (hate to admit it but I can be honest on here with anonymity) so I need something that I can learn to enjoy because I can do it without feeling like I am going to drop dead from exhaustion. I'll start at the bottom and that way I have no where but UP to go from there.

Twinkle
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 10:19

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

WTG Twinkle! Has the quit smoking thing gotten any easier for you? I am on day 18 myself!