Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-19, 21:29

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

A Roasted duck with crispy skin!

Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-19, 17:19

BF:

Pan Seared Loin Lamb Chops

Great recipe which I am making tonight!
https://www.mydeliciousmeals.com/re...lamb-loin-chops
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 05:31
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

We've already got the jalapeno egg cups, but I'd bring atomic buffalo turds. Pardon my crappy picture. The image on the site was too big to hotlink.

Notes on ABTs:
- You don't need a smoker. I just bake them at 325 until the bacon is cooked.
- There are lots of variations on what you can put in them: I'm not a chorizo fan. I use Johnsonville cheddar sausages sliced into thin strips. Some recipes call for little smokies.
- They're good cold, and they reheat nicely as long as you don't overcook the bacon. They're a labour of love; do them the day before.

My in-law side of the family has their Christmas get-together on the Sunday after Christmas, because there are 10 ( ) siblings and their families. We rent a hall and it's potluck. We usually pick a theme but this year, it's just "bring your best dish." A bunch of my BILs told me that I have to do the ABTs every year now. Heh heh.

Last edited by Kristine : Sun, Dec-15-19 at 05:49.
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-19, 07:33

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Is there a way to post a pic from a phone?

I missed you, Meme. And this thread is an all time favorite!
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-19, 11:44

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
We've already got the jalapeno egg cups, but I'd bring atomic buffalo turds. Pardon my crappy picture. The image on the site was too big to hotlink.

Notes on ABTs:
- You don't need a smoker. I just bake them at 325 until the bacon is cooked.
- There are lots of variations on what you can put in them: I'm not a chorizo fan. I use Johnsonville cheddar sausages sliced into thin strips. Some recipes call for little smokies.
- They're good cold, and they reheat nicely as long as you don't overcook the bacon. They're a labour of love; do them the day before.

My in-law side of the family has their Christmas get-together on the Sunday after Christmas, because there are 10 ( ) siblings and their families. We rent a hall and it's potluck. We usually pick a theme but this year, it's just "bring your best dish." A bunch of my BILs told me that I have to do the ABTs every year now. Heh heh.

Those look so good Kristine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
Is there a way to post a pic from a phone?

I missed you, Meme. And this thread is an all time favorite!

I missed you too Robin and am soooooooooo happy for you and your pregnancy!!
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-19, 23:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1

Keto chicken fritters
These chicken fritters are made easy with the use of a food processor to make the paste. They fry up in a pan with coconut and avocado oil for a crispy snack that is full of healthy fat, protein and fiber.
10 + 30 mMedium
3 g
USMetric
servings
Ingredients

1 cup coconut oil or avocado oil, for frying
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 celery stalks
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
13 oz. boneless chicken thighs, skinless
2 large eggs
¾ cup fine coconut flour

Nutrition
Recipe, photo by Cristina CurpCristina Curp
– Updated July 16, 2019

RecipesSnacksKeto chicken fritters

Instructions

Heat a large, 9-inch (23 cm) cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add in the oil and let it come to temperature while you prepare the fritters.
Add the onion, celery and seasonings to the bowl of your food processor. Process until minced. Add the chicken thighs and the eggs to the food processor and process until a thick paste forms.
Put the coconut flour on a large plate. Scoop two tablespoons of chicken paste, shape into a ball and put it on the coconut flour mound, then turn it over to bread it all over with coconut flour.
Gently toss between your hands to shake off excess flour and place it on the rim of the plate. Repeat until the whole chicken paste is used and all the balls are breaded.
Insert a wooden spoon into the oil to make sure it is hot enough, the oil should sizzle. Add fritters to the hot oil in batches, make sure they are not touching. Fry for 3 minutes each side.
When removing the fritters from the oil use a slotted spoon and place them on a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat until all of the chicken paste is gone. When they are all ready, serve with dipping sauces and enjoy warm.

Tip!

To reheat the chicken fritters, place on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F (175°C).

If you don’t use coconut flour, you may use double the given amount of finely ground almond flour for breading.
Ideas for dips & sauces

Crispy Chicken Fritters (nuggets)
See receipt here but basically you put it all in a blender and drop in spoons into hot oil.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/...hicken-fritters

I am really going to make these and had to bring it up again so I don't lose the thread.
Some really good dishes ended up on this thread, look through it!

Last edited by Meme#1 : Sun, Dec-29-19 at 23:07.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-19, 00:14

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

My kids loved them !!!!

Remember to reduce celery. We thought 3 was too much. Our celery was tall, leafy ends, wide stalk.
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-19, 05:16
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hey, I have a package of skinless/boneless chicken thighs in my freezer - maybe I'll try the fritters. Arielle, the cumin sounds kind of out-of-place. Was it noticable, like were they too taco-y?

My only problem is that I don't have a big food processor, just a Magic Bullet, so I'll have to do the mincing/pureeing in batches. Hopefully, there's no problem to just mix it in a large bowl.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-19, 19:17

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Hey, I have a package of skinless/boneless chicken thighs in my freezer - maybe I'll try the fritters. Arielle, the cumin sounds kind of out-of-place. Was it noticable, like were they too taco-y?

My only problem is that I don't have a big food processor, just a Magic Bullet, so I'll have to do the mincing/pureeing in batches. Hopefully, there's no problem to just mix it in a large bowl.

Yes Kristine, I think I would rather add some garlic and onion powder. To me the cumin would tase like a taco.