Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#301   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-13, 15:19

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Yes - it takes longer, maybe about 3-4 times as long depending on the container size, but does work.
Sponsored Links
  #302   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-13, 16:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 257/209/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Thanks so much I can't wait to try it.
  #303   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 17:31

Plan: Whole Foods Atkins
Stats: 178/168/150 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 36%

I do it in the regular oven all the time cause I also like that crunchier crust. I think I usually cook at 350 degrees. Also....now I have not scoured this entire thread so maybe it has been addressed...I use 50/50 flaxmeal/almond flour...for OWL and above.
Have fun...lots of options...like pumpkin and nuts and berries and cheese and....
  #304   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-13, 16:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206.2/206.2/135 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default No microwave!!

Do you think I can make this in an oven?? I do not have a microwave.
  #305   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-13, 10:42

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 190/189/160 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 3%

MIMs right? Love these but I got so sick of them when I did Atkins before. Had them too much. But I think I'm ready to try the revised version that was posted with less Flax.
  #306   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-13, 08:37
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Has anyone tried this in a regular oven?? I am one of those strange folks with no microwave.

You can make this (any of its variations) in one of those silicon mini-muffin pans in the oven or toaster oven and it's just as good if not better.

Warning: cooking flax in anything but silicon or nuked-plastic tends to be hard to wash and tends to stick to whatever it is.

Doing it that way will also let you make a bigger batch and then mix in a variety of different ingredients to try in various of the little containers of your pan.

Some people tweak such recipes a bit so they can be fried like pancakes or put in waffle irons.

Anything that contains flax is usually vastly better if refrigerated and then eaten the next day. I have no idea why.

PJ
  #307   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-13, 19:10

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 320/273.8/270 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 92%

hehe, I think my baking powder must be kaputsky... I just tried this out and don' think it rose more than 3/8" tall am letting this one cool and will cut it in quarters!

The texture looks really good though. Going to go to store tomorrow for some groceries and will pick up a fresh baking powder and give this another whirl though, seems like from everyone's posts it can be very versatile with different seasonings/flavorings
  #308   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-13, 14:41

BF:

I wonder if anyone has a suggestion for me? I went and fetched a new container of baking powder and gave this another go.
Again texture is really nice, and it rose slightly more, but certainly is no more than a 1/2" height! Could carefully try to slice it in two slices horizontally. Am just wondering why it's not hardly rising compared to with what others are seeing?

PS, I used the Glad sandwich food saver, nuked the batter on High for 3 mins.
  #309   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-13, 07:04
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 185/185/125 Female 4'10in.
BF:[url=http://www.my

got to try this,but a little confused about the size of container you used,sorry.
  #310   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-13, 16:36

BF:

quicksand, as far as I can tell from all the posts, it's just one of those Glad sandwich food savers. They are about 4' x 4' by maybe 2" high.
You don't put the lid on it to nuke the flax mixture though, just pop it uncovered into the microwave.
  #311   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-13, 18:03
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 185/185/125 Female 4'10in.
BF:[url=http://www.my

I have one of those,thanks Iwilldoit
  #312   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-13, 20:18

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Will this work with egg whites?

I can't eat the yolks, they are inflammatory for me.

Thanks,
Bob
  #313   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-14, 22:05

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Just had this for the first time tonight and I love it!! I made mine as the original recipe calls for but used large eggs instead of medium eggs and golden flax meal. I nuked it in a small pyrex loaf dish and got 4 (thin) horizontal slices which I then cut in 1/2 to give me 8 small slices. I ate 2 of the small slices with a little butter, splenda, and cinnamon and it was delish!! Next time I'm going to double the recipe and bake it in a regular oven and see how that comes out.
  #314   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-14, 08:57

Plan: VLC/High Fat
Stats: 253/249/200 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I am going to try this today; I have an abundance of eggs and flax meal, and this is so easy it sounds like even I couldn't screw this up LOL!

My curiosity, though, is that different brands of flax meals have different nutritional data. My brand of flax meal, when fiber is subtracted, actually has 0 net carbs (score!). If made as said in the recipe, at the most my bread for a whole batch would have less than 2g net carb.

The disadvantage is that flax, if I do not DRAMATICALLY increase fluid intake, does bind me up. I like making a faux cookie dough with flax, butter, sweetener, and a T or so of almond butter...but I only do this sometimes because I know it's going to make it hard to go to the bathroom for a day or three I do a lot better without such a dramatic fiber increase lol!
  #315   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-14, 16:51

Plan: VLC/High Fat
Stats: 253/249/200 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%

The plastic container I used made the "bread" into the shape of about an English muffin. When cut into half, it was the size of two regular English muffins, which I subsequently cut each of THOSE in half and used to make sliced hardboiled egg and cheese sandwiches. lol. Very happy with this recipe because it will help me use up the flax meal and eggs I have. Easy to make, even for a poor cook like me. Five stars haha.