Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 03:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

Good run in the woods this morning, mainly level, only ran for about 25 minutes but no breaks and a reasonable speed.
Achilles hurts now, remember why I stopped running on the flat and started going up the hills instead.
Was supposed to be a rest day, but yesterday's run was fairly short too and it was such a nice day.......
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 14:37

Finally back in the gym. Really enjoyed it, though I went late and it was very busy. Not quite up to my pre-holiday levels, but not far off. Not looking forward to the DOMS tomorrow - ouch!!

chest press
1 set 20kg, 1 set 25kg, 1 short set (6) 25kg, 1 set 20kg

lat pulldowns front and back
1 set 30kg, I set 35kg, 2 sets 30kg

shoulder press
4 sets 10kg

leg extensions
1 set 30kg, 3 sets 35kg

dumbell rows - back
4 sets 20kg

shoulder flys
4 sets 5kg

inner thighs
1 set 20kg, 3 sets 25kg

triceps
1 set 15kg, 2 sets 20kg, 1 set 15 kg

biceps
1 set 15kg, 1 set 20kg, 2 sets 15 kg
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 02:40

Went to the gym on Thursday (should have been Wed, but D too tired).

chest press
1 set 20kg, 2 sets 25kg, 1 short set (6) 25kg

lat pulldowns front and back
1 set 30kg, 2 sets 35kg, 1 sets 30kg

shoulder press
4 sets 10kg

leg extensions
1 set 30kg, 1 set 35kg, 2 sets 40kg

dumbell rows - back
4 sets 20kg

shoulder flys
4 sets 5kg

inner thighs
1 set 20kg, 2 sets 25kg, 1 set 30kg

triceps
1 set 15kg, 2 sets 20kg, 1 set 15 kg

biceps
4 sets 15kg
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 12:46

Have been too busy to post, but just to record:

great walk over the hills from Cautley Spout over Arant Haw, Winder and back into Sedbergh on Saturday. Lucy, D and I ran up Winder and back down.
Serious DOMS on Sunday and Monday in quads.

Good workout on Monday night, except gym busy and didn't do upright rows cos couldn't get onto bench - supersetted with D.
Also didn't work legs, due to DOMS and running in the morning.

Ran Roseberry Tuesday morning, D came too, made a nice change, especially as it was dark and misty - the woods were too spooky to be nice.
Really ran well, left D behind in places coming down (not up, I hasten to add), he thought I was doing well - certainly felt good.

Wed - conference in Nottingham, left at 5.30, back at 7.00 so no exercise and this morning, dog walk only, no running as Georgia and Stacey staying, had to be back in house for 6.30am so Stacey could go to work.

Same again tomorrow, so will go to the gym tomorrow night instead.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 03:31

Not keeping this log very well at all.

This week I have:

Run twice, using a modified 'green run' in the woods, since its too dark for Roseberry now, you can't see your footing and I'd fall.

Been to the gym properly once and once at the hotel over the weekend - reasonable arms workout but no back (except lats) and no shoulders - no free weights basically.

Need to stop letting D's apathy / shifts affect my workouts - I need to go regardless and he can come if he likes.

Some of the problem is that he doesn't like my 'super-setting' sort of workout, get it all done in 40 minutes. He likes to take longer, by which time I'm bored and want to eat. Apparently we'd lift bigger weights if we went more slowly and concentrated on one muscle group at a time. But so what? As long as I lift to destruction I don't care. I'm not trying to break records or show off.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 10:00

At last, I've been for a run. 7 weeks since I did any exercise (well apart from dog walking and hiking).

Got my new shoes, Saucony Grid Jazz's, they are excellent and I feel confident cos I was recommended a health food shop (!) where the owner is an ex-international long distance runner and knows what he's talking about. He keeps just a few running shoes, only about three brands which he reckons are any good. He made me run up and down the shopping mall, with my jeans rolled up so he could see my ankles Still, I won't be the only person who's done that, the coffee shop folk seemed quite used to it! He won't sell you shoes rather than sell you the wrong ones. The shoes certainly feel good.
I only did 5k and walked the uphill sections of that - I've got very unfit. Never mind, I'll get back there, now I've started again.
It'll make a good morning run, cos its all on the gravel tracks, so not too muddy and no tree roots to trip over in the dark.

Last edited by jaykay : Sat, Nov-23-02 at 10:07.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 00:54

Good run, only 20 mins, that's about all I've time for in the morning, but it felt fine. I'll go further as I get fitter. Just glad to have got started again.
Time for the shower.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 16:06

Well no gym work outs for a bit.

Some good Scottish mountains over the holidays.

Went to the gym with the naughty boys on friday afternoon. Managed a sort of workout - can't do a good one cos busy watching them. But we're there for quite a while, so I think I'll sort something out - we're going for the next 6 weeks. I'll write a program down, so I can tick it off as I've done things, otherwise I get lost, flitting from one machine to another as they become free.

Went for a run this afternoon, did 4 miles - very muddy, good fun. Hadn't intended going but the weather turned nice and it was too good to stay in. Felt much happier once we were out - think my grumpy afternoon was lack of exercise and sun.