Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
I uncovered the new THINNER me today!
Posted by sunspine17
Posted Wed, Nov-19-03
Female 5'8
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135
BF:
Progress: 87%
Smile I uncovered the new THINNER me today!

Oh I'm sooooo happy! I'm not at goal yet but today, boy do I feel good!

I started out on Atkins at the end of June in a very tight 16. Most 16's didn't fit me. I'd keep trying on size 16 pants until I found ones that ran large and I could fit in (still very tight, mind you). I was actually more like an 18 but couldn't bring myself to go out and buy a larger size.

The last 2 months have been really slow for me in the weight loss department. I have managed to go down 2-3 lbs but no inches. I've been feeling kind of bummed about that lately. I also am STILL wearing my size 16 jeans. I didn't want to go out to buy new clothes just to have them get too big again in a few months (I'm cheap, what can I say!? Long sweaters cover the saggy butt!).

I was feeling down anyway and dumpy too because my clothes are soooooo baggy on me. I thought it may do me some good to go buy some new jeans. I was kind of playing with fire. If I got to the store and nothing fit, I'd be even more sad. I took the plunge today and went shopping anyway.

Good thing I did! I discovered I'm a size TWELVE!!!!! I even have some wiggle room in them! Little did I know, I must have been this size for the last 2 months! I had NO IDEA!

What's best is I look GOOD (and I usually NEVER think I look good -- even when I was thin in the past). I actually look . . . oh gosh, I can barely say it . . . THIN! Wow! Under all those baggy clothes I've been this thin for a while but it didn't notice because it was all covered up. It's amazing what clothes can do!

I'm almost at pre-baby weight and darn it, even though I was a tight size 10 then (at 150), I look and feel better now at a size 12 and 157! After all, the number does not really matter, it's how you look and feel that counts.

So I'm happy today. I feel like I unwrapped a present and it turned out to be the thin me that's been hiding away. And to think I lost the bulk of that weight in only about 3 months. Truly AMAZING!

Just thought I'd share my happiness . . . . .
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
After
Not uploaded yet

by hey_Neener on Thu, Nov-20-03, 01:25

(cue music) Congrats to you! Congrats to you! Congraaaaaats dear Sunspine17! Connnnngraaaats tooooo youuuuuu!

22 comments [read all comments]

Article tools