Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#361   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-19, 06:51

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alene1
Hello all! I'd love to hear an update on how things are going for y'all. I'm zeroing in on the best carb level for me, and it's very interesting.

Over the past few months I went from a general lowish carb woe (not following any specific plan), to currently transitioning to carnivore/zero carb-I've fallen down the rabbit hole hard
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-19, 09:31

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Still plugging along on a similar diet--low carb breakfast and lunch, more carbs at dinner. Very little dairy--just very small amounts of hard cheeses (for flavor), but lots of butter! Still trying to get back to gluten-free. My weight has stayed quite stable at about 133 #s, so I'm pretty happy with my diet.
  #363   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-19, 14:39
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Jessaus, your consistency is paying off. That is awesome! It feels so good to finally find the sweet spot and then just stick with it. It looks like you’re just about at goal weight too.

DaisyDawn, that is a rabbit hole! Let us know how it goes for you.

Nicekitty, congrats on getting into your groove!

Very encouraging to read everyone’s updates. I am still working on finding my sweet spot, but I feel so encouraged. I’m finding tracking my food is one of the most important things, as well as eating foods that make me feel good most of the time. I’m finding as long as I eat in a balanced way - at least as much protein as carbs, and especially a little more protein, my body feels pretty good. I don’t keep trigger foods in the house, but allow myself to eat most anything that I want, as long as it fits in my macros. Having that freedom is really helping my relationship with food and feeling o freedom.
  #364   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 07:58

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I am semi-low carb now. I have kind of moved up the Atkins ladder to maintenance level or more, but it is still working. I am losing more slowly, but still losing. My eating habits changed in 2017 when I retired. My hubby eats on a totally different schedule that I did when working. I was always eating breakfast at 6:00, lunch at 12 and dinner at 6 or 7. Hubby worked out of the house and never ate breakfast, and ate lunch around 2-4, then did not want supper. When I retired I started eating on his schedule so we could eat together, and after a late lunch I did not want any dinner. Well, I lost weight eating that way regardless of my carb count. I recently discovered that I was practicing a form of intermittent fasting without knowing it. I now eat breakfast and a late lunch and that's about it. If I get hungry at night I snack on a little cheese or meat. I lost 40 pounds this year.....with semi low carb and a little IF.

I started the journey with strict Atkins, but as I lost I moved to maintenance and am now semi low carb. I eat fruit (blueberries) almost every day and enjoy some other fruit in season. I will eat a piece of 12 grain bread folded over some meat for a half sandwich sometimes.....I weigh myself every day and don't allow myself to go up in weight.

I know that low carb is the key to loss, but I am trying to find that sweet spot that will keep me at the weight I need to be. I have another 30 to lose but its ok if it takes me another year to get there. I'm ok with a slow loss.

I can't get on the total keto bandwagon like a few of my friends. I feel pretty good right now and my blood tests are all normal. I am better health-wise than I have been in years.

We can do this.
  #365   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 05:26

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbangle
I am semi-low carb now. I have kind of moved up the Atkins ladder to maintenance level or more, but it is still working. I am losing more slowly, but still losing. My eating habits changed in 2017 when I retired. My hubby eats on a totally different schedule that I did when working. I was always eating breakfast at 6:00, lunch at 12 and dinner at 6 or 7. Hubby worked out of the house and never ate breakfast, and ate lunch around 2-4, then did not want supper. When I retired I started eating on his schedule so we could eat together, and after a late lunch I did not want any dinner. Well, I lost weight eating that way regardless of my carb count. I recently discovered that I was practicing a form of intermittent fasting without knowing it. I now eat breakfast and a late lunch and that's about it. If I get hungry at night I snack on a little cheese or meat. I lost 40 pounds this year.....with semi low carb and a little IF.

This is how I lived for years before I met DH. I lived alone, so it was just easier for me to eat breakfast and lunch, but I wasn't going to bother cooking dinner for just myself. So my dinner was actually at lunch time at work.

When I met DH, dinner is the main event for him. I struggled with that and eventually gained 80 lbs over it!! I am now trying to get back to IF and am losing slowly. It's still very hard for him to accept when I don't eat dinner with him.
  #366   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 07:58

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%
Lightbulb

Well Carol, that would make it difficult for me too. Adding a big dinner would be hard to manage. YEARS ago, when hubby and I were dating, we usually went out for dinner and it was late, sometimes 8 or 9:00. I will tell you that it was then that I really started packing on the pounds. I was eating more than I ever did. He liked to eat out, he ate a lot, he added drinks, and it just added a big meal to my life that had not been there before. In fact, I allowed myself to eat the way he did and it got me fat. Boy do I regret that now, as I had many fat years, but I enjoyed it at the time

I did not know enough to shift my eating window by skipping breakfast and eating a lunch and dinner only, so I really gained the weight. I imagine it would be harder to lose with a late dinner even if you skipped breakfast.

Fortunately, now that we are retired (and much older) the main meal has shifted to lunch, but our retired lifestyle allows for that.

I hope you can work it out. If nothing else, cook him the big dinner but just eat a very small plate yourself. I have become adept at eating small amounts, even when we eat out. I usually eat about 1/3 or 1/2 of what I order and take the rest home.

Most people who do IF skip breakfast. I don't because I just like to eat breakfast in the morning.

This dieting is not easy. My husband keeps a log now of what he eats to monitor its effect on his diabetes, and it is interesting to see what sends his blood sugar up. Often it is something that surprises him - hidden sugars/carbs in foods when we eat out. His diabetes doctor is making him do this
He gained a bunch of weight when the doctors changed the medicine he took for his diabetes, and is now trying to get that weight off. Even though he has seen me lose 90 pounds on low carb, he thinks he can't eat that way, which is ridiculous since he is diabetic.....its exactly how he should eat. However, all I can do is be a good example and hope he makes his own mind up to eat my way.

He is starting to do it anyway as he sees how carbs affect his blood sugar, but I don't mention it because he doesn't want to be pushed. Everyone had to come to this on their own volition or it won't work

Anyway, I've blabbered enough. See you guys later