Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 15:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/117/105
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default not hungry...what should i do?

i'm beginning to be not that hungry/eat much...will i still lose weight? i don't want to have lack of calories or anything. this is what i normally eat:

breakfast:

1 egg omlet w/ 1 piece of cheese fried in oil

lunch:

salad made w/ romaine lettuce, grilled chicken or some kind of left over meat from dinner and fat-free italian dressing (still only 1 g of carbs, and that's all in the house right now)

snack:

2 pieces of bacon made in microwave

dinner:

meat that was made (if meat loaf or hamburgers were made, i make sure has NO bread/dairy products except for eggs in it)

raw veggies (usually celery sticks or brocolli)

other green veggie like spinach, green beans

another salad (like my lunch salad)

once in awhile if i'm hungry any other time of the day, i take a piece of cheese, or if i'm craving chocolate, i have 1/2 of a low-carb bar.

i drink maybe about 16-20 glasses of water a day, walk 30 min. a day (usually equals out to a mile), and i get plenty of sleep. i'm usually not hungry for breakfast, but i know i need to eat that, so i usually force that down. i'm still in induction, so i'm sticking to meat, eggs, limited cheese/nuts, drinking plenty water, etc...what am i doing wrong? what should i do? i need help please!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 19:29

Plan: my own??
Stats: 155/155/130 Female 5'7
BF:25/20/16
Progress: 0%
Default Hi ya

Dk looks like your menus are great except for afew things. Here is my advice. Stay away from any nuts , or low carb bars if yourstill in the induction phase. Make sure your getting enouhg fat , especially during induction. Go for it, now is your chance to enjoy olive oil, butter, avocados, mayo . If you add those food to your meals you'll ensure your getting enough calories. Don't try to limit your calories or you may risk lowering your metabolism and setting your body to turn to starvation mode. HOw much excercise are you doing? How old are you? If your over 16 you can safely weight train, and weight training is a very good way to rev up your metabolism, strengthen and tone your body. I'm a personal trainer, and I have several teen clients 18 and 19 yr olds, that have fallen in love with weight training. So u might want to give it a try. you may feel an increase in appetite with regular excercise program.

I also found that processed meats and other foods,did me very wrong. They stalled me and caused cravings, if I were you I would try to eat the most natural food you can. HOpe this helps~ let me know how your doing.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 12:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/117/105
BF:
Progress: 20%

I haven't had nuts in about 2 days or so. But, I've been eating a lot of vegetables (salad mainly), but i need to cut back on it a little b/c it's leaving me with terrible stomaches. it might be the weather too. it's over 90 degrees here, and that doesn't mix well with ranch salad dressing. i usually do eat enough fat. i eat a lot chicken, pork, steak, hamburgers, but i have to start eating more butter and oils. i try not to limit my calories, but i don't know how many i should take. fitday.com just really confused me. i exercise a good amount. a lot of walking b/c with work, it's very tiring to do something like tae-bo, and plus i don't have the money. i walk to/from work everyday (15 min walk each way), another half hour at night. if i don't walk, then i usually bike ride. when school starts, i'm going to start back up with basketball and swimming. i just turned 16 on july 21st, so i can weight train. i don't have any weights, but i know my school has a weight training gym class. even though i completed all my gyms, one more won't hurt me, plus it's an easy a the only processed food i eat is cheese. i hate lunch meat. sometimes i'll eat kilbasa or sasuage. but i rather stick to stuff like pork, chicken, steak. i eat bacon regularly.

well, i weighed myself today. i'm up a lb to 118. i don't know if it's from all the water i drink. i drink maybe about a gallon and a half a day. i'm always thirsty. i don't eat much food with a lot of salt in it either. i hate pop, but i'm somehow managing to stay away from cappachinos.

i need to find some keto sticks also. i went to walgreens, and they didn't have any in stock. i have to find a local drug store. all of them around me closed.

thanks for your help!

dk141612