Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 16:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269/246/180
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Weekly (or WEAKLY) cheats

Hi everyone,
Nice to meet you all.
Thought I'd stop by and reveal my confession....

Every week, my husband and I have lunch with my mother-in-law and my nephew. We always, always (boring) go to Pizza Hut. I don't have an issue with going there because I always have a salad from the salad bar. Sometimes, I even grab a slice of pizza and scrape the chessy toppings off and throw the whole crust slice away. My problem is, when I have that salad, I ALWAYS have two chessy breadsticks with it. I don't know what it is about those things. Why do they hafta put those on the buffett anyway??...lol.

Here's where I justify my cheat. I only have two. They are only about 4-5 inches in length...so I'm eating less than a foot of cheese covered breadsticks. I've never had any ill effects from them. I cut back all of my other carbs for the day. I don't get cravings after indulging myself. This makes it okay, right?? lol

So how about another cheat?? I've done pizza for dinner on Friday nights for my kids for as long as I can remember. Something that they have always loved. Now being on a LC WOL, I shouldn't be eating the stuff. However, every Friday night, I eat three slices of pizza with the kids. I don't scrape the toppings off. I actually eat the whole slice except for the end piece of the crust (and I've never eaten that unless it was stuffed). Again, no wieght gain from this cheat, but boy does it make me feel like a slug.

The thought of getting off so easy with the pizza for the kids on Fridays but then having to cook myself something different just doesn't seem fair. By the end of the week, just about everything I've cooked ahead of time to make my food choices easier is just about gone. I really do need to stop doing the pizza thing, don't I??

*stepping out of the confession booth*

Laura aka unknown
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 15:17

Plan: bfl
Stats: 180/185/150
BF:
Progress: -17%
Default sigh

I hear ya, testify!

Right now theres a carton of banana pudding ice cream calling me (leftover from when I had tonsillitis) I am going to have to throw it out, or make hubby take it with him to work, as it insistantly calls my name in the wee, dark hours of the morning, begging me to devour its sugary evilness. I am putting it out in the trash NOW!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 19:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269/246/180
BF:
Progress: 26%
Thumbs down no sugar here

Oh I am so so glad I don't have a sugar issue. For most of my life, my sugar cravings came few and far between. I just don't get that urge very often at all.....

Howevah, pasta, potatoes, and a can of Pringles can send me over the bingeing edge...lol.

Throw out the ice cream!!!

Laura