Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-19, 09:08
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Morning, morning!

Karen, you and I sound like we have similar body types.
when you lose, whether it be inches or poundage, where do you see it the most?

when i first ate carnivore, back in 2006, i was pure protein. didn't weigh anything. rendered fat from fat trimmings from the meat market.
the more fat I ate, the more inches i lost and within a couple of months, i had dropped nearly 2 pant sizes. from 14 to 10/11. size 12 needed a belt.
i didn't lose a lot of weight, but i really leaned down.. everywhere.

this time around, i'm not eating as much fat.
i'm more lax with eating other things.
but i lean down, quickly. in the hips, waist, face.
quickly.
i can see major results within a month.
i look like a totally different person in 6 months.
it's a real good way of leaning down..

i went meat hunting this morning.
there's a meat store i go to once in awhile, if I make an effort.
i have nothing else up there that i need, so it's a haul for me.
but this morning, i decided to go, as soon as it opened and i scored
10 ribeyes (small), all less than $5 each. little more than 8oz each.
i can add shrimp, a beef patty, a fried egg to the meat, if I need to increase calories.
but i got some good deals. More like Costco quality.
all frozen. all prepackaged.

i deviated a little from Carnivore, this week.
I enjoyed some GF pasta and broccoli rabe.
i still haven't succumb to ice cream..
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 05:24

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

PilotGal I loved what you typed about how you lose and how eating more fat gave you results without much scale movement etc.

I lose mostly in the gut area first. I truly tend to carry it all in that 'heart attack bad zone'. The gut. The carbs etc. all land there and I get that bloated pooched out look. So when that leaves me I am always the happiest as my belly flattens as life intended....not the carby bloated person. So I love that the belly goes first on me. Cause it is leaving again and I am fine with that LOL

I change slow. Like I needed to lose like 30 lbs before it is seen on me and while at my biggest I know I 'was big' I never felt 'that big' when around 230 being 5'8. And I have a very straight and narrow body type. No curves mostly. Just straight as a pole mostly so I don't have to worry about spot losing, like hitting the thigh area and all. When the belly flattens, the rest just kinda tags along giving me a taller leaner look all over.
So I am lucky in a way I don't have to laser focus on any of my body areas.

But yea since the scale isn't moving much at all I am seeing the body change ever so slightly still being zero carb. The underlying 'fluff' of carbs is gone and the body will give ya great leaning results with no scale movement if I keep the carbs gone. This is why I just love carnivore. Big benefits all the time from it.

Ice cream. omg don't make me even go there in thought LOL

Good deal on smaller steaks. I love the pair up. Small steak and whatever if wanted. I like to eat that way. Very good score!

Right now being the holidays I am finding the bigger cuts of steaks and massive sized roasts for family dinners. After the holidays smaller cuts will be more out there and I can load up. If hubby gives me my gift card I am hoping as usual for the holiday....I think when my meat store puts ribeye or tenderloin on sale I will spend it there and get them cut to my size I like. Load up the freezer. Nothing says happy holidays like meat HAHA

Doing extremely well on plan. I made my zero carb eating very tight. I got great results. Down 16.8 lbs fast. Now I can focus on hitting goal area and take it from there. I had carb creep happening and I knew it. I just had to tackle it. And I did.
So this all put my head in a good zone, put me back hard onto a plan I adore and just doing it as I need to do it.

Plus the benefits. I can't rant about how great I feel. This is where my body loves to be and there ain't no denying that. I just need to listen more to it LOL
  #108   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 10:49
Registered Member

This morning, I was terribly hungry.. having eaten so little, yesterday.

I had one of the small steaks, 2 large eggs scrambled in bacon fat with 2 slices of cheese. This was a great big meal and I did not finish it.
It was easy to eat this quantity years ago, but not now.
  #109   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 10:56

BF:

Heck yea PG! You rock out that great satisfying meal!!!!!!

It is near 12 and I haven't yet but I got some steak and a shrimp side on my sites right now

Meat heals and changes us so well.....loved your post!
  #110   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-19, 06:19

BF:

today I got ribeye steak and crab legs with butter for dipping

not many snow crab legs. found a 1/2 bag frozen at the bottom of the freezer LOL hope they are decent......I hope they aren't super ancient HAHA

will see. I might as well cook them up and see.

Woke up hungry/no hungry. Right in that middle zone.
You want something but you don't want something.
Mostly when I feel like this I don't eat. Cause it isn't calling enough and I tend to side with the not hungry side.

So might hit up some bacon later if really wanted....if not just hold off til I do my steak and crab legs.

I put the scale away but I had to do a spot check.....hey a few days not on the scale is a biggie for me and I am truly learning to live more without it.

Down a bit more. Little drops now. Total down is 17.6. I am just cruising along in good form and letting life happen.
  #111   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-19, 08:10
Registered Member

I must be in ketosis because the thought of eating has me...
Ugh.
I have no desire to eat, and the crazy thing is.....
I prefer not being hungry and no eating to eating and getting full.

I really enjoy the empty feeling...
It began last night.
Made some shrimp and i could not stomach it.
Put it in the fridge for another dish I can create.

Heading back out for the morning... taking iced coffee with me.
That goes down easily.
Not in the mood for eating.. wish I never had to eat again..
Love the empty, no hunger feeling.
  #112   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-19, 06:00

BF:

PG, I love that feeling also.

It is a good empty feeling. I desire it over being full also.

But nice thing is for me on carnivore I never get that 'overly' full feeling. Even eating a steak I retain a little of that feeling still....so eating is something I still like to do LOL

But then having that empty feeling can make me not eat too soon cause I like it just like you do weird huh, but great tho!

I have to watch that empty feeling tho. I can push past not eating very far and all of the sudden, and I mean at a drop of a hat, I can go into too empty and I feel bad very fast. So I need to eat immediately. When I eat right at that point of feeling a bit down, I recover in a split second once that food hits my body. Boom. Perfect then.

I got caught like that on a trip once. Ate early the day before and nothing else. Everyone ate breakfast before the long car trip, then stopped later for burgers and I still didn't eat cause I felt wonderful and wanted nothing. Then like 2 hrs more into that drive I went down for the count. I told hubby lets stop and get something to eat and he and the kid were like....we ain't hungry....well duh....and I was like pull over and feed me RIGHT now or you are gonna have big troubles on your hands fast. So I got a bunless double cheeseburger, ate that and was perfect in a flash. Then I ran into our RV we take as our vacations and got me a few beef sticks from my supply for the car.

So a little encounter like that made me very aware of when I go to far with no food handy. I know the minute I must eat. But usually food is everywhere you know. You can get your hands on something easily and quickly so that is good for this old carnivore
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-19, 05:52

BF:

Happy Carnivore Thanksgiving day LOL

well, it is tomorrow but we are doing it today.

the 2 moms....the 3 of us....done deal. Family getting smaller thru the years now. Sad kinda but we party up just fine thru it all and celebrate everyone now gone also!!

For me....ribs, filet mignon, a ton of peel and eat shrimp.
For them....all the sides, rolls, taters, cranberry, some veggies and pumpkin pie.

I have no trouble whatsoever getting thru this day. The extra side crap has no hold on me. I might give a sigh over the taters a bit LOL cause I do love me some great potatoes....but they aren't worth ever leaving my plan for truly.

So I got this day easily.

Hate pumpkin pie so no troubles there but everyone else is gaga over it...yuk

Done. BIG CHECK off this holiday for me got it whipped and in the bag.

Carnivore all the way baby!
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Nov-28-19, 05:43

BF:

Happy Thanksgiving Carnivores

Mine is done....had it yesterday. day early. So glad it is over but we had fun. Small gathering but everyone ate like crazy

I stayed 100% on carnivore. filet mignon, some ribs, tons of shrimp with old bay seasoned butter. SO GOOD.

I actually ate too much. I never get 'stuffed' on carnivore. At this meal I did. I slugged out after my tummy was so full. It was those extra shrimp I kept grabbing and eating LOL

Day was nice but while others are doing all the work and stuff today, we are done. I kinda like that.

Eating today will be very low. I am still so full.

today is drag out some Xmas decorations and stuff cause kid wants to get that started....grab the tree and throw on some new ornaments we got etc.

Simple easy day here.

I hope all the carnivores have a fab holiday.
  #115   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-19, 05:42

BF:

Food for me yesterday was 5 link sausage, 1 chicken breast, 1 small sirloin steak, some salami slices and 2 small chunks cheddar.

had me a baby whoosh on the scale. weeeee……

carnivore never gives big weight loss usually when longer on plan. you just drop a little here and there all the while eating like a queen and then it all adds up over time and boom, you are down the scale more than ya think if you just stay on plan and hold tight.

it is working that way for me but this morning I got a drop of 1.2 lbs. Yea that is a whoosh in carnivore eating LOL

Holding tight thru the holiday eating, I think the carnivore gods decided to reward me with a mini whoosh. I will take it and anything else they give me....all the time HA

Taking my mom home today. she is 91 and ate way more than me in terms of she ate the house down. On the way home I will stop and get some steaks. I need beef in this house but will check other cuts also. steaks get pricey, probably some chuck roasts and blade cuts and check out sales on burger. gotta stock the freezer a little. I MUST have my meat on hand at all times for me. Very very important!

more I eat beef the more I want beef.

all good in carnivore world.
  #116   ^
Old Sat, Nov-30-19, 18:00

BF:

food today is simple

5 link sausage I woofed down fast this morning LOL cause I felt so hungry so early

10 oz ribeye steak

1/2 lb. hamburger patty with cheese

(I threw about a teaspoon of ketchup on it.....rare I do this but I HAD to have a taste change. Ya know when you need a different taste or you will go bonkers? yea I was in that mood.....the ketchup changed it up but ya know....I don't know if it helped it or not.....haha....never a big fan of ketchup, eh, probably won't use it again for a long time now. I had my fill of it....still realize I ain't a fan, lol)

it's around 7 and I kinda want to eat again but I won't. I feel full but it is like 'I just want something'....that elusive who knows what ya want food when ya want it and have no clue!!

So not use eating. Been slamming down a lot of water today. I have to be sure I do drink enough. Some days I drink SO much and then other days hardly nothing, but today the thirst hit and hitting water like crazy.

I see body composition changing for sure. My tummy is so much flatter. My collar bones are coming out oh yea I like this. I always liked me some collar bones showing.....not to sharp, but I do like to see them LOL

I like seeing changes.

I work hard at staying on plan. I don't want to eat veggies and I hold dear the carnivore eating values and beliefs and science behind it.

But every now and then I wanna scream even tho I love my plan. I work hard to keep this way of eating. It ain't no walk in the park being on such a restricted menu but thankfully I truly believe in this way of eating so that helps hold me very tight on this way of eating and it gives me wonderful benefits I adore and never want to give up.

eh just some thoughts on it all
  #117   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-19, 09:49

BF:

Little bit whacky he is LOL but I love his info: shows truly why plants stink and should be avoided and other good info.

http://siimland.com/why-does-the-carnivore-diet-work/
  #118   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-19, 06:38
Registered Member

I’ve been living on cauliflower and cheese, lately.
Made some chicken thighs.
Chili made from beef I’ve cooked up.
A little variety has been happening... guess it’s my idea of holiday eating.
Have a freezer full of meat.
Will loop around to meat eating as soon as leftovers are gone and eat meat until I want something different.
  #119   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-19, 09:09

BF:

I almost went off the rails last night.

I don't think I am eating enough beef. Beef holds me so well and my appetite gets lower and eat less and then this situation can be one of those kinda backfire things for me.

I was gonna eat the world....but I didn't. Somehow I held on and didn't go there which I sure needed, cause if I went there I think I woulda been there for days. woof, can't go there.

So today I got a big ribeye lined up. need it bad

PilotGal….cauliflower and cheese....wow, I would be starving sooner than later on that one,lol

chili....now that taste sounds good. I also need a variety of taste every now and then. I just don't add beans, never liked them anyway so will never be hard to leave out. chili beef taste sounds fab. hmmm...might be doing that also

Some days ya know.
Some days are super hard.
Some days you question everything.
Some days you realize the best place to be is right where you are holding carnivore.

I just hope it settles down for me a bit. Sometimes I get jumpy feeling things....like how I can live on giving up so much foods in my life....but when I think what would I have back, funny thing there truly is not that much food that is something I want back. Kinda like knowing it isn't as good as I remember it.

well it helps to chat it out tho. brings me around and gets me back into a better place.
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-19, 22:39
Registered Member

i got a new appliance and it has an air fry thingy..
so, i've been thinking about what kinds of foods I could "fry" and it seems that chicken is the easiest..
i can't wait to try a pork chop.. dredge in pork rinds and parmesan cheese and make fried pork chops..

for now, my freezer has nothing but meat in it.. and i will work through that, but i'm looking forward to playing around with chicken and pork chops.

and Karen.. apologies for you going and making mac and cheese! i didn't want to throw you off the rails. i am so sorry!