Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-20, 06:36

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
<snippets>

i absolutely understand what you're saying about feeling well...
i know what you mean.
i just wrote that in my journal. It's a wellness hard to explain because so many people have "little" aches and pains. I do not.
it's a wonderful feeling of feeling healthy, sane, and calm...
unlike anything experienced with other foods.

yeah.. people are "discovering" eating meat only!
they should read this thread and other Zero Carb threads. we've been around for a good many years....

We sure have been around a good many years

It took a lot of low carb years for me to walk this way but I am so glad I did.

I am so glad I don't have to be a newbie again LOL omg it was hard enough to find my way here thru all the years....I am so glad I am at my good point now

SO COOL you feel so well also PilotGal. It is something you can't describe to many and while going down that carb ladder is wonderful for many feeling so much better and dropping lbs....going into an extreme low carb, zero carb way of eating ramps it up even more! More than I ever would have thought!!

So glad you are doing so well!

Yea that is 25 gone now. 25 I had lost and regained. Thankfully being super clean and strict I dropped that 25 pretty darn fast I thought, which is always a good thing!!

Now I got some final lbs to goal and not really 'goaling' it out in my mind anymore....just gonna eat this way, drop the lbs as they drop and let nature just roll from here. I got this

Nice I now get back into all those clothes I left behind. It was fun shopping my closet again. All those pants too tight and could get on....in them now so that makes me happy.

Now it will be interesting to see if I blow thru those and have to buy new smaller ones....just wait and see for me
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 06:22

BF:

and TA DA

down 1/2 lb this morning

will take it, any and all, at all times, down the scale LOL

I am finding my change of eating pattern I think is a good thing in that I am eating my big heavy steak in the morning and opting for more seafood at night. I feel great eating this way so...

food was
3/4 lb. ribeye steak
about 1/2 lb. brisket from local delish BBQ joint
about a lb. of crab legs in butter

so eating well, feeling fab, all good so far
  #168   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 06:46
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

have to leave early, this morning so I prepared first meal...
3 large eggs scrambled with lots of bacon, lots of cheese and a large dollop of pesto sauce.
that will be AMPLE food, for today...
who knows... maybe it might be enough for the whole day..
that'd be nice.
when i get home in the evenings.. food is the last thing I want to think about.
  #169   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 07:07

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hey everyone, took a break from the site but I'm back as of this morning and ready to get re-connected and to re-focus on my animal based woe I let myself get sloppy over the holidays with carbs and that's ok, but I've run out of excuses since it's now mid-January Today is Day 1 of getting back at it and I'm aiming for 90% animal based this week
  #170   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 07:24
Registered Member

good morning and welcome!
  #171   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 07:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
it might be enough for the whole day..
that'd be nice.
when i get home in the evenings.. food is the last thing I want to think about.

cool....good prep

I so hear you about not wanting to think about food when you walk thru the door!! Eating our way makes food a second/third/fourth thought in our lives now....it can annoy the heck out of us at some point You're rocking it!
  #172   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 07:52

BF:

Hi DD (daisydawn)

80% carnivore mostly and you are ramping up to 90%. Love it.

hey ya want all that nasty holiday carbs from your body.....go all in 100% for a few days....will make ya feel so great as you know

I sure think our commitment to chat about it and keep our eating as a focus is key....well for me it is. As much as I 'hate chatting food' anymore mostly.....I think I must have that accountability somewhere or I will let in a ton of excuses also...I so get that LOL

Cool....jump on board and chat up the carnivore. We all love the meat and seafood here!!
  #173   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 07:35

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Hi DD (daisydawn)

80% carnivore mostly and you are ramping up to 90%. Love it.

hey ya want all that nasty holiday carbs from your body.....go all in 100% for a few days....will make ya feel so great as you know

I sure think our commitment to chat about it and keep our eating as a focus is key....well for me it is. As much as I 'hate chatting food' anymore mostly.....I think I must have that accountability somewhere or I will let in a ton of excuses also...I so get that LOL

Cool....jump on board and chat up the carnivore. We all love the meat and seafood here!!

I don't think I'll ever be 100%, due to my love affair with coffee I adore specialty flavored beans, mostly from a local company that makes them in small batches. My cups of coffee are the highlights of my day, lol. And then I really enjoy cooking my steaks in a butter/avocado oil/seasoning mixture (the seasoning is a beef rub made by my local butcher shop and I swear I could it it out the package with a spoon it's so good!). And then a few low carb condiments like mayo and mustard with my burgers. I would like to get to the point though, where these are the only non-animal based items I'm consuming. Not quite there yet, but I'm making progress
  #174   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 08:47

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:

I've been eating eggs the last few days and this morning, my hands and fingers were very, very stiff. I'm hoping it's not the eggs. I had the suspicion once before that eggs were inflammatory for me but since I wasn't in the mood for a lot of eggs for a long time it didn't really affect me. Carnivore diet has been amazing for me though. By eating primarily beef over the years, I have come to realize that dairy, bacon, and now (possibly, please God not) eggs cause me inflammation.

ETA: I still eat dairy and bacon at least weekly, both of which I had yesterday, so maybe it was just the combo of the two and not some critical mass of egg eating. I hope.
  #175   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 08:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDawn
I don't think I'll ever be 100%, due to my love affair with coffee I adore specialty flavored beans, mostly from a local company that makes them in small batches. My cups of coffee are the highlights of my day, lol. And then I really enjoy cooking my steaks in a butter/avocado oil/seasoning mixture (the seasoning is a beef rub made by my local butcher shop and I swear I could it it out the package with a spoon it's so good!). And then a few low carb condiments like mayo and mustard with my burgers. I would like to get to the point though, where these are the only non-animal based items I'm consuming. Not quite there yet, but I'm making progress

you are ok with coffee if you love it and want it. A PURIST carnivore won't ever allow it in but a regular carnivore who eats meat and seafood ONLY as the meal will allow coffee if it suits them so you are ok on that one but some find caffeine as an addiction and find they want to opt it out or keep it cause they like it and it adds no 'bad' to their bodies.

Now while avocado oil is bad according to us carnivores, as we find plant oils evil from the science of it all, if you are doing just that than you are ok also in that it isn't effecting you in bad form and if you thrive doing it, then you are clear for sure on using a bit of what you love.

OK.....spice mixes and some seasoning is fine on carnivore.

Think of it like this.....our meal. our main food. MUST be meat/seafood.
After that think seasoning in that it is not our food. It is not our meal. Yes it is plant based seasoning but it is not our food. It is a taste factor. Used in very small limited use to make flavor for us. SO many carnivores allow this and I bet as one proceeds with this WOE you will find the seasonings are less desireable after time on plan LOL this happens to many of us and it did me so all that is fine.

eating beans...yea can't go there HAHA but if they are cool for ya now eat and enjoy them as you do.

I think the big difference on carnivore vs. a keto type plan with a few bean meals in there, is do you feel bad? Do you feel bad eating spices and seasonings after? If that is a yes and things aren't 'as great as they could be' for you personally......then you address those direct on.

For me dairy is fine. I lose lbs on dairy (but more slowly I think). I feel no allergy type effects from dairy and I love my cheese every now and then and I find it not dragging me in any way back to carbs. So I allow dairy easily into my life.

Mustard and mayo is fine. IF you do well on them Many don't wanna touch mayo from the soybean oil in it etc. but if you eat a can of tuna or whatever with mayo and you are happy as a clam and doing great, then you wanna to leave it in your life. Not a darn thing wrong wtih just that. Personal decision as you move forward in how you want to eat and your taste changes.

I also use Hellman's mayo for my tuna. Now I rarely eat a can of tuna anymore cause longer on plan I love a steak mostly and it works for me, if I decide to eat some tuna and mayo I go for it. Cause it is fine for me. I feel fine eating a tablespoon or 2 of mayo wihtout it ever changing me at all.
I tried 'baconnaise' and 'butter mayo' from carnivore sites and it never equalled that stupid Hellman's mayo taste I desired.....so I opted for my mayo as I need as I want it. After all it is a condiment, it is NOT my entire meal in any way and used in low amts.

So I hope some of that makes you more 'normal' feeling on carnivore
Carnivore can truly be so much if we don't go purist and we truly 'feel our how our condiments/spices' could be effecting us on a very individual level.

So you are in good shape at this point from your post! Rock it Out DD and keep on going strong!
  #176   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 09:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
you are ok with coffee if you love it and want it. A PURIST carnivore won't ever allow it in but a regular carnivore who eats meat and seafood ONLY as the meal will allow coffee if it suits them so you are ok on that one but some find caffeine as an addiction and find they want to opt it out or keep it cause they like it and it adds no 'bad' to their bodies.

Now while avocado oil is bad according to us carnivores, as we find plant oils evil from the science of it all, if you are doing just that than you are ok also in that it isn't effecting you in bad form and if you thrive doing it, then you are clear for sure on using a bit of what you love.

OK.....spice mixes and some seasoning is fine on carnivore.

Think of it like this.....our meal. our main food. MUST be meat/seafood.
After that think seasoning in that it is not our food. It is not our meal. Yes it is plant based seasoning but it is not our food. It is a taste factor. Used in very small limited use to make flavor for us. SO many carnivores allow this and I bet as one proceeds with this WOE you will find the seasonings are less desireable after time on plan LOL this happens to many of us and it did me so all that is fine.

eating beans...yea can't go there HAHA but if they are cool for ya now eat and enjoy them as you do.

I think the big difference on carnivore vs. a keto type plan with a few bean meals in there, is do you feel bad? Do you feel bad eating spices and seasonings after? If that is a yes and things aren't 'as great as they could be' for you personally......then you address those direct on.

For me dairy is fine. I lose lbs on dairy (but more slowly I think). I feel no allergy type effects from dairy and I love my cheese every now and then and I find it not dragging me in any way back to carbs. So I allow dairy easily into my life.

Mustard and mayo is fine. IF you do well on them Many don't wanna touch mayo from the soybean oil in it etc. but if you eat a can of tuna or whatever with mayo and you are happy as a clam and doing great, then you wanna to leave it in your life. Not a darn thing wrong wtih just that. Personal decision as you move forward in how you want to eat and your taste changes.

I also use Hellman's mayo for my tuna. Now I rarely eat a can of tuna anymore cause longer on plan I love a steak mostly and it works for me, if I decide to eat some tuna and mayo I go for it. Cause it is fine for me. I feel fine eating a tablespoon or 2 of mayo wihtout it ever changing me at all.
I tried 'baconnaise' and 'butter mayo' from carnivore sites and it never equalled that stupid Hellman's mayo taste I desired.....so I opted for my mayo as I need as I want it. After all it is a condiment, it is NOT my entire meal in any way and used in low amts.

So I hope some of that makes you more 'normal' feeling on carnivore
Carnivore can truly be so much if we don't go purist and we truly 'feel our how our condiments/spices' could be effecting us on a very individual level.

So you are in good shape at this point from your post! Rock it Out DD and keep on going strong!

I meant coffee beans, I'm a gourmet coffee bean snob I cut out food beans when I went low carb, one of the things I had been forcing myself to eat several times a week on my plant based diet, because they were so 'healthy'-I was sooo happy when I found out they weren't low carb

I have been thinking more about the avocado oil-it's a bit pricey, even at Aldi and I don't think I really need it, but the butter/avocado oil mixture just makes such a lovely cooking base for my steaks. With the spices it makes almost a gravy texture? I've also been using steak sauce with the steaks but have been able to almost completely cut that out, (maybe 1tsp per steak now), so I think I'll work on eliminating that first, then evaluate the avocado oil usage (around 1tbsp of oil per steak right now).

Love your outlook on carnivore as listed above, definitely makes sense to me that things like spices would still be ok, since they're such a small part of the overall picture!

Last edited by DaisyDawn : Tue, Jan-14-20 at 09:26.
  #177   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 10:01

BF:

I drink plain green tea in the mornings. I don't think it's affecting me adversely, so I doubt I'll give it up. I've come by a carnivore diet very naturally as it's been my preference since going low carb. As far as other non meat foods go, I'll have dairy a couple of times a week. If I eat chicken salad, I'll eat that with mayo, but I find I'm eating less of that these days. If I'm in a grilled chicken mood, I usually eat that with avocado (and maybe cheese and bacon). Or sometimes, I'll eat a little ranch dressing with the chicken. That's pretty much it anymore. For whatever reason, for the last couple of months, I haven't felt like eating burgers, on which I would probably put a 1/4 teaspoon of ketchup. I've also been eating eggs these last two weeks because I felt like it and I was thinking they were technically on the carnivore diet plan, but I think they're getting the heave ho because of inflammation. That means I'll go back to eating them a couple of times a month when my family is on the road and getting fast food.
  #178   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 10:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tess9132
I drink plain green tea in the mornings. I don't think it's affecting me adversely, so I doubt I'll give it up. I've come by a carnivore diet very naturally as it's been my preference since going low carb. As far as other non meat foods go, I'll have dairy a couple of times a week. If I eat chicken salad, I'll eat that with mayo, but I find I'm eating less of that these days. If I'm in a grilled chicken mood, I usually eat that with avocado (and maybe cheese and bacon). Or sometimes, I'll eat a little ranch dressing with the chicken. That's pretty much it anymore. For whatever reason, for the last couple of months, I haven't felt like eating burgers, on which I would probably put a 1/4 teaspoon of ketchup. I've also been eating eggs these last two weeks because I felt like it and I was thinking they were technically on the carnivore diet plan, but I think they're getting the heave ho because of inflammation. That means I'll go back to eating them a couple of times a month when my family is on the road and getting fast food.

I'm on an egg kick right now and I'm eating 2-3 a day. So far I don't think they're causing any issues, but it's something I'll keep an eye on.

I'm also kind of over hamburgers right now, overdid them a bit during the summer when we were grilling all the time! When I do have them I do a condiment mixture of mayo/mustard/small amount of ketchup.

Dairy is something I go back and forth on, especially cheese. I love HWC in my coffee and cooking my steaks in butter, and I have no issue over-eating either (I use them like condiments). But, I can easily go through 4 or 5 sticks of string cheese a day! That just seems excessive to me, but they're just so darn convenient when I want a snack I think they may be causing some bloating though, so after tom wraps up later this week I think I'll do a time of no cheese to see if I feel/notice a difference.
  #179   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 12:12

BF:

Quote:
But, I can easily go through 4 or 5 sticks of string cheese a day!
I could easily see myself doing that so I avoid string cheese because I don't think I could stop! I love cheese, but I use it more to melt on chicken so i don't get out of hand with it. My husband has begun low carb again and I buy him a pack that has sticks of cheese and sticks (the same size) of pepperoni. Unlike me, he doesn't seem to have joint issues with cheese, but it doesn't fill him up like meat does.
  #180   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 14:57
Registered Member

my schedule has become so hectic, i can no longer plan my eating times..
i ate my first meal before 7am.. this morning.
i just now shoved some kielbasa down my throat, on the way back out...
i am thawing out chicken wings for later, but chances are...
it'll be too late to cook and eat them.
i'll probably eat the rest of the kielbasa, if I haven't already and forgot that I did...
but i have ham and cheese in the fridge for those grab and eat between appts, thing...
i try very hard to keep prepared foods in my fridge, so that I don't succumb to a restaurant.