Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 11:51
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Yesterday, I made a dish of leftover pork belly and veal breast, with lots of fat rendered. Then I added 5 different types of vegetables & spices.
Mixed it all together, got it all coated in fat and then ate it with a spoon.
That is not considered Carnivore.
But I also live in modern society and am still into a wee bit of variety.
It comes and goes.
Maybe my body craves it?
There’s a certain amount of food that satiates me.
I have no clue what the weight is, but when I have reached a certain amount, my appetite is satisfied and I stop eating.
We’re all going into a cooler season, and our metabolism asks for more food? More weight? Our brain is in control.
So, whether you fill that amount of weight of food with all protein, strict animal and seafood.
Or you co-mingle it with a little variety.
It’s how you make your diet and longevity of diet work.
We’ll all be going into soups and chili’s soon. One bowl meals.
Some variety will get into those bowls.
More weight in belly to satiate.

And then, after the holidays and many people feel bloated (inflamed)
That’s when the calorie restriction will come in...
Rev up the metabolism.
Start hunting for more vitamin D.

It’s all in how you play your role.
I am invited often to a friends house that puts out at least 3 dishes for the meal.
That’s after the happy hour and the appetizers.
So... when I go to my friends house, I eat a lot. More than my stomach requires.
But, I’m being social.
I’m eating mindlessly. Enjoying. Complimenting.
Go home bloated, wishing I didn’t eat that last rolled salami.
But, I was being social.
Modern society is an obstacle. How you maneuver it is where you find your longevity.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-19, 06:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

great post PilotGal

Modern social life. It is a very hard thing to maneuver. And it is so personal how we all handle our way thru fun social times.
Having a plan to grasp around those events and more in our lives is so important......well, to me it is. As long as I have my grasp and focus on my plan and I am not craving at all from my plan I can sail thru these situations in good form thankfully.

But the one thing I definitely think is what you said.....it is a dirty carnivore meal but it what keeps you on a healthy plan for you personally long term. It isn't an everyday thing cause if it was you would be a Keto person LOL If you have some soups with veg in it I get it. It is that one dirty step from Carnivore. I have my one dirty step on carnivore every now and then. We are all only human after all We all have those days where we say I am having this and done deal. I so get that.

I just remember that old article that Dana wrote about Dirty Carnivore: Dana is in ZIOH......this is in reference to their forum or something about that and how many were stepping away from the true carnivore plan and she comments on it.

By – Dana
With all the new “Carnivore Diet” hype and the discovery that actually being a full time ZC carnivore is hard and in most cases deemed unnecessary by some, I thought I would bring back the original term used to describe people who were almost Carnivores. Re-introducing, the “Dirty Carnivore”.

Dirty Carnivore was a forum created, maybe back in 2010 (I forget the year) by somebody who could not give up her non ZC foods. This was a perfect example of Carbohydrate addiction. She felt better on a mostly meat diet, but felt some harmless low carb nuts, dark chocolate and veggies should be allowed. This same thing is going on, again, today. So many people want to be carnivores, but are finding it is not as easy as it sounds, because of acculturation and addiction to carbohydrates.

Back then, although I had to be a Hardcore Carnivore, I thought the Dirty Carnivore diet would take off. It seemed so much easier and socially acceptable than The Zero Carb Carnivore diet. I thought it would be a good starting point for people to ease into The Zero Carb diet. The Dirty Carnivore was basically meat centric with a few low carb plant foods allowed. But like all low carb diets “Carb Creep” won out in the end and the “Dirty Carnivore” diet and forum fizzed out. Yet, the hardcore ZC Carnivore’s are still going strong and thriving.

This brings me back to the reason we are so strict. Hardcore ZC Carnivore is actually easier, on many levels, for some people mostly because food cravings disappear. It is so freeing when your life no longer revolves around food. I can’t even explain how life changing this phenomenon is. It is something that truly has to be experienced in order to understand. I love it, when members of our group make it to that point of total freedom and peace with food. For many of us, this is the only reason we remain Hardcore Carnivores, freedom from the bondage of food cravings and food preparation (shopping, cooking, planning, creating) that consumed our entire lives.

But, for most people going “Hardcore” is not necessary. Most people can tolerate a few low carb plant foods.

To all of you avocado, berry eating “carnivores”, let’s get real, you are not true carnivores, you are “Dirty Carnivores”. Calling yourselves “Carnivores”, while eating a salad is confusing the newbie Hardcore Carnivores, who can’t eat salads or dark chocolate without suffering or falling into a craving abyss that sometimes lasts for months. It’s like the alcoholic drinking a light beer at an AA meeting. So not cool.

There is nothing wrong with being transparent and we are not disparaging the Dirty Carnivores at all, we wish we could be one, but we can’t. I think it is time to differentiate the diets as to avoid confusion.

-----but I also see the need for dirty carnivore days IF a person can handle it.....some can take that one step off and other's can't move one inch off true hardcore carnivore.

I am so right there on having to be hardcore. I am one who can't take that step.

My only dirty carnivore days are so low now that I don't allow a lot in....I have to hold those thoughts or its curtains for me LOL

But on vacation am I going to take a small bite of something...yea I probably am But I also know trigger foods for me I will never allow back. Not even that one nibble.

I think Dirty Carn fits for many. There are just variations of it on what each person can allow and how far do you go on it but at some point if you keep eating veg and fruit and other stuff every day one can't claim carnivore....well ya can if you want to LOL I mean it is only a name right? Never want to get so fanatical on it all. Been there done that and it truly doesn't matter in life what each person does....as long as they suit their own needs and thrive on it I guess

But if a person requires hardcore carnivore and walks into dirty carnivore....like Dana said it is usually that first step into carb creep and off plan and walking into binges and....heck we all know that situation many of us have been in.

I love chatting this stuff out. It just helps me cement my plan more and more. It reminds me of why I am doing what I do but nice thing is carnivore isn't what I do....it is who I am.

so day the scale dropped again! I am rolling along in fine form.

yesterday I ate 6 oz sirloin, 1 chicken breast, 1 small cheeseburger patty.

I am in that NOT hungry mode. I am eating less and less now which is fine. I will ramp back up when my body wants it and demands it.

I have 0 cravings.
I have all the deep keto adapted benefits. I love them all
Food focus is all but gone now and that is important to me. I am one who loves food and my focus is on what I can't have...but when I do strict zero carb plan all that leaves me. Which is what I need in my life.

so far, so good
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-19, 11:41
Registered Member

Y0u and I were there, in the beginning of the Dirty Carnivore forum.
It was mostly women.
I guess my dipping sauces would make me a Dirty Carnivore.
I go in cycles.. all meat. Mostly meat. Some veggies.

This morning, I hit Aldi’s and got two pkgs of the Beer Brats.
5 chubby sausage links for less than $3. I got 2 pkgs. Cooked them all up and then threw in a large baggie and into the freezer.
That will be my fast food.

I also cooked up two fish filets and made fish/egg salad with some celery and sweet relish. Lots of mayonnaise.

I have plenty of food for the grabbing.
Depends on what i’m In the mood for.
And I got a piece of salmon for tomorrow’s main meal.

Plenty of protein.
No salad stuff. No side veggies.
Maybe a mayonnaise dip of some kind.
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-19, 16:57

BF:

good food!

well on dip sauces I have to say if you can handle them then it is cool. they are not food.

I know on ZIOH for herb/spice and condiments like a dip sauce they say it isn't real food but should be used sparingly and isn't an all out NO like eating plants are to carnivores.

Cause usually I dip my shrimp in homemade alfredo sauce....totally carnivore and then that one odd day I crave cocktail sauce. I checked all and only one on the shelf is 1/4 cup for 12g....the rest are like 21/25 g sugar for that 1/4 cup....loaded with sugar.

but to me if more rarely used it just comes under Dirty Carn and so what. It never triggers me to want anything else.

carb creep scares me big time. I tend to get it if I push too far so I am learning what few small things I can indulge like my cocktail sauce etc. wtihout it effecting me.

so we all do what we gotta do to get by

I sure wish I liked fish. I just never took to it. Can of tuna and sardines, sure.....fresh fish I just can't go there. I tried a few times wanting to love it but it just never floats my boat.

eh, well I got a lot of other proteins to tackle LOL
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-19, 06:53

BF:

easy food....8 oz ribeye, 1 s/b chicken breast, few jumbo shrimp with aflredo sauce for dipping. I love homemade alfredo sauce and I go cheese heavy to make it nice and thick...yum. So simple to make.

Holding strong and getting good benefits.
No thoughts on wandering off plan which I love. I always did best in a super low carb/into zero carb plan. Carbs ramp me up to go into bad eating. This plan suits me great.

I also noticed that I am not grabbing as tightly as I did when I started. You know....in your brain, don't go off plan, be sure to eat very well to hold plan, don't let hunger derail you in the beginning, be sharp, focus...…….I am more calm now and relaxed. I don't have to 'work this plan' hardly any more. I just wait til hungry and eat a ton of good meat and seafood and done. This simplicity is key for me. A major component that helps me.

It takes focus off food for my brain.
Old days I would try to make substitutes for my old fav food. Never worked, one reason I think is it made food such a focus. Such work in the kitchen and I failed at liking any of that substitute crap. Being in the kitchen cooking to make sub meals...ugh. Work. I am not a kitchen person never was.

So now with simple boil shrimp and fry this meat and I am done in a flash. I need that. Very important to me actually.

So just some things on why I fit well here on my plan and it suits me best. It lets me be who I am where food is concerned.

When you find the best that suits you and gives you wonderful benefits.....sing the praises of it
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-19, 06:57

BF:

oh and I still don't think of food as fuel only

I love food. There is no doubt about that.

Every meal of meats and seafood I want to be delish. What I love to eat. I want it cooked the way I like it. I enjoy the heck out of my food.

I am not one who automatically eats and says I am fueled up and done. I am not one to eat food I don't truly care for because it is best to eat on my plan and I don't care what I eat......yea I care what I do eat

I can't take the food lover out of me.
I don't know how people do that. They loved food, needed to change and drop the obesity and say now that they don't care about food at all....all it does is fuel their body. No concern about it......how do they get there?

I know I am not going there LOL I need food excitement a bit, I need great taste to make me happy.

So since a meat/seafood lover to the ultimate, I just make that my food focus and eat wonderful. So yea I get joy out of my food, it is not just fuel to me and probably won't ever be.

Do I get excited when hubby says lets go out to the BBQ place and get ribs.....darn right I do :P
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-19, 06:59

BF:

Oh these are personal thoughts and ways I get thru......everyone's mileage will vary on what their plan means to them

just chatting out stuff that I feel about me.
Anyone can chime in any time LOL
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-19, 05:17

BF:

focus on beef.
need heavy good fat protein.

laying off seafood for a bit. too light for me right now.

So today is big old chuck roast in the crockpot to eat up later.
nice ribeye steak for brunch time.

Nice thing about carnivore is you eat as much as you need, when you need it. I need it right now.

will be eating fine today and I have to defrost some top sirloin steaks for tomorrow.

all very well on plan. Nice thing is I am so in tune with my body I know what it requires very quickly. My body feels very empty. I like that feeling but I also know when it flips over into 'too empty' feeling. I am there now. Big beef is coming back to straighten that out for me
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-19, 04:30

BF:

So eating up beef again and the scale dropped some more.
gotta love that.

one thing on carnivore is you get oh so not hungry
in a way I have to watch this. eating is a plus on this plan.
less you do eat the slower the lbs drop for a lot of people and also you get a bit more tired. You really do have to eat some on this plan so that is what I am gonna make sure I do.

I feel so wonderful. Can't put it into words truly just how many benefits you get from such a clean menu I eat.

It is great to feel freaking great
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-19, 08:48

BF:

exercise and carnivore

there is a real beauty here.

it is do what the heck ya want when you want

the real thing that shines thru is your body actually wants to move. You are not forcing exercise in any way.

you feel it inside. move. just get up and move.

doesn't matter what you like to do.....adopt that and do it cause it is a body signal saying do what ya love, just move the old bones and get the great benefits of moving your body!!! as nature intented

there is no you must do XYZ in a gym.
there is no you must hike UP a mt., just walk easily and move and enjoy and use up that energy so curled inside you.

As I am progressing into massive deep keto adaption I am finding it all so clear.

It is like a walk back to ancient times. A walk back into Jurassic Park. I FEEL so primal in a way. The toxins are well leaving my body. I feel SO in tune to all around me. Brain fog is gone and clear thinking makes everything so much black and white on what to do when situations arise or just everyday life.

Sad thing is as much as you write about it, there is NO way to describe the feelings. Unless one goes into this way of eating you will never get the whole feeling of what a carnivore experiences. I so wish I could make the world feel this wonderful for just 1 day!

As we go lower and lower.....ditch the carbs and tons of plant materials we eat we do so much better. There is no personal best TO ME other than ditching it all and going carnivore from a physical body point of view.

Keto...extreme low carb....oh yea you are walking right towards carnivore and I GET that many can't go here. It is not a lifestyle they want and they enjoy other foods. COOL....I get it, I admire they walk so low toward carnivore and do so well and are happy as a clam doing what suits them!!!! I applaud all those making massive changes.

but if one wants this wild cool carnivore experience ya gotta come here LOL

just some carnivore chat from me today

just personal opinions and everyone's will differ so if you want to chat it up come join this wonderful lifestyle and thread

you don't have change overnight, you just have to wanna explore....and exploration leads to greatness!!
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-19, 10:33

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:

I've been eating ribeye, but as of yesterday I feel like eating leaner cuts. Don't know why, but I'm going with it.
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-19, 11:23
Registered Member

i thawed out a s/b chix breast, this morning.
not sure what I'll do with it.. maybe scallopini it and cook up with a sauce.
i went to the meat market and got a little bit of meat.
about 3-4 lbs of ground chuck, which i'm getting ready to portion and freeze.
i also got a picanha roast.
this will be my meat for the next several days..
i haven't had cheeseburgers in awhile.. i've been out of ground beef
and i had a visitor.
just restocked and looking forward to all kinds of burgers, in my future.
i love a cheese burger with caramelized onions.

i'm here. just busy.
and.. last night i socialized so it wasn't a carnivore day.

#88   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-19, 06:24

BF:

tess that is smart to just follow what you want. no need to push fattier cuts if you are not in the mood, that mood will come back and then ya eat it

I love ribeye. It is one of my favs I depend on for sure.

PilotGal your meat haul sounds good. I haven't done burger in a bit either, now it is on my radar. A big old cheeseburger patty suits me well! Sounds delish.

got a picanha roast.------oh you lucky dog you enjoy that!!!

doing well on plan easily. hunger is so well controlled.
fought a few cravings last night cause kid was eating junk I used to like LOL and it was just seeing it I wanted it. But with no hunger I just didn't go there. It is so much easy to say no and forget it now. I SO love that about this way of eating.

not sure on food today. Staying 100% carnivore for sure.

I do have chicken breast defrosted so will jump on a few of those and pair up with shrimp maybe? not sure but it will be a good eating day whatever I have I also now have good old burgers on my mind...yum. might go down that path.

down 1 more lb. take it any and all ways I can

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Nov-14-19 at 07:19.
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-19, 08:38

BF:

This plan is not easy and never I will think will become a norm out there in society.

Only those needing it truly find it.

I am one of those.
I need this plan.
I thrive on this plan.

Simple as that for me.

But to get any benefits from this type of plan one must follow it every strict when starting. Any newbies walking in should not play with this plan. Eat meat, drink water. In all seriousness. Give it a fair and true honest shakedown.

And for at least a month to 'possibly' see any good results. Some of course need longer on plan to heal up from the abuse our bodies have taken out in life....some respond so much faster tho. It is so individual.

but trusting the plan is key.

One can also view it as the 'best total elimination menu' known to man and if they do it and realize they are better for it but want to go into Keto Plan and gain back more foods etc.....then yea....try it and go for it.

Keto is easier for most. A very low carb plan is easier for most to survive in society and our bombardment with food etc.

So just treat Carnivore with the respect it deserves in that it is another tool out there to improve health. It will either set well with you or you just can't go there. That is fine....there are variations in keto etc. plans that can make one SO much better without walking into a plan they feel they can never hold long term/for life.

just some thoughts again LOL
  #90   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-19, 03:33

BF:

Hunger level is at 0.
I just don't require eating

which is wonderful but also not good LOL

I ate almost nothing over the past few days.

Today I need to be sure I eat up a good old ribeye to get some good meat and fat into me. This is important now cause since I do not have any appetite at all, hunger just is not there, I know that when I do eat, even if a little, it has to be high powered, and beef is key to this for me.

So today I got a ribeye in my sights....just a 1 lb. one, but if not that hungry I will 1/2 it into 2 meals today. I want at least 1 lb. of beef into me for sure

lbs. are dropping off, body composition is showing changes in that I am getting that leaner/meaner zero carb look happening and I will take all of the above! Great benefit to this eating plan.

Doing wonderful. Despite eating less energy is high. Feel great. All is in good form.

Love carnivore!