Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 23:19

Plan: Atkins OWL or abouts...
Stats: 195/188/165 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Ladies only please...

I'm not sure where to put this but I thought someone might be able to help.

I had my baby in April of this year. I tore pretty badly and my doctor put quite a few stiches in me. Well no big deal i thought everything was fine until I went and had sex again for the first time.

WOW. it hurt really badly and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out he stiched me up to where my skin goes over part of my vaginal hole and it feels like my skin is going to tear every time we have sex.

I'm seeing the doctor again on monday and am concerned that I'll have to be re-cut. Has anyone ever had this issue before?

I'm worried I'll be laid up for a while like I was after having the baby.

I just don't know what to expect....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-08, 11:15
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson65
I'm not sure where to put this but I thought someone might be able to help.

I had my baby in April of this year. I tore pretty badly and my doctor put quite a few stiches in me. Well no big deal i thought everything was fine until I went and had sex again for the first time.

WOW. it hurt really badly and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out he stiched me up to where my skin goes over part of my vaginal hole and it feels like my skin is going to tear every time we have sex.

I'm seeing the doctor again on monday and am concerned that I'll have to be re-cut. Has anyone ever had this issue before?

I'm worried I'll be laid up for a while like I was after having the baby.

I just don't know what to expect....

I haven't dealt with that, but a good gyn-surgeon can do some reconstructive surgery and fix the problem for you. Just be sure that whomever is doing your surgery has done it before - not all gyn-surgeons do it....so ask about their experience and if they don't have much, ask for a referral to someone who does do it routinely, OK?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-08, 12:19

Plan: Adkins-With tweaks
Stats: 182.5/166.2/140 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%

I fully agree. Find a Gyno that has experience. I have had good luck their. My 2nd child birth, I ripped pretty badly. It hurt the first few times we had sex, but hubby was wonderfull. My 3rd child birth, I didn't rip. 4 days later, you couldn't tell I had a child(down their). Thankfully my doctor didn't screw up. Find a good Dr. Im sure your not the first one this has happened to. You have heard the humar, "the hubby asked the Dr. to put a few extra stiches in!". I'm shure thats not quite so humarouse to you. Sorry cann't help more.

Jacki
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-08, 12:20

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

My mom had this issue after she had me. They do re-cut but its very small depending on how much they covered. She said she didn't even feel it and they put the stiches that dissolve in and she was good to go.

Also, go to a surgeon that is familiar with the procedure.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-08, 12:24
Shrinking Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/236.8/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:ample
Progress: 6%

My sister had this same problem and had to have it surgically fixed. It is no big deal and you will be very happy when it is fixed. During birth things are so streched and swollen that this often happens but is easily fixed.