Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 07:36

Plan: My Own
Stats: 200/180/175 Male 5'11.5"
BF:sz36/sz31/sz30
Progress: 80%

I try to drink about 2 liters a day.... but I cheat and drink Crystal Clear.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 08:51
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've been really good with water lately, mainly because the air is so dry here all of the sudden, and I'm constantly parched. I haven't bought a case of diet pepsi in over a week now.
  #108   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 11:17

ERF! Anyone accidently drink a non-diet cola after being inthe low carb life for a while? Well I just did that the otherday, I press the wrong button the pepsi machine and wow gave me the jitters, and was realy weird was like everything was moving slowly around me LOL. Was a bit scary, but it wore of in a resaonable amount of time heh. Wonder what the carb count is on real pepsi....
  #109   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 20:07
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I refuse to drink fountain sodas anymore for that reason Vydor. (the only exception being at the movie theater because I am usually already snarfing on popcorn, so no worries about a soda mix up taking me off course. )
  #110   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 20:08
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Any fun plans for the weekend everyone?
  #111   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 00:31

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

Well--we just had a nice time going to an acution. That is one of our favorite activities and this one was a good one--lots of good stuff--CHEAP! Just my kind! Came home with the car so full we were weaving down the highway. Tomorrow I'll sort through it all again and I'm sure I'll discover some treasures in the bottom of those boxes that I didn't even know I had. Anyone else like going to auctions or garage saleing?
  #112   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 00:36

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Tonight was an anniversary for me and my BF. He took me to Outback Steakhouse and we had a wonderful meal I started with a house salad with cheese and ranch dressing, then the Cyclone chicken (if you have not had this, it is as close to a low carb orgasm as you can get!) and extra steamed brocolli on the side. Delish!
  #113   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 04:51

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%

Fun weekend for me... spring cleaning (it is spring here) sorting through my wadrobe etc.

I didn't really have much clothes that fit during the weight loss period and lived in stuff that was baggy / elastised weight skirts / some stuff left from thinner days. So when I got near goal I went overboard buying clothes (mostly cheap crap too!). A lot of them were 'motivation clothes' - i.e didn't fit when I bought them but I knew they would - and they did!

Half of it doesn't fit anymore becuase I lost weight in maintainence!

Another strange issue - my feet are smaller. I guess they must have been carrying fat there too! Anybody else had this happen?
  #114   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 10:25

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

I have a pair of really cute boot/shoes that were always too tight. Now they fit just fine.
  #115   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 10:41
Forum Moderator

BF:

No plans for us this weekend. B/f worked very long hours this week meeting a deadline, so we're vegging out!

(In fact, it's close to noon and we're still lounging around drinking coffee. )
  #116   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 13:08

Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi Everyone,

What an interesting thread! I've been a member of the forum and lowcarbing since the last week of July 2002. Within a year or so got within 4 lbs of my goal weight and stalled. Stayed at 149 forever, then last May I stopped smoking. Since then I've gained 10 lbs and it scares the hell out of me.
I feel like I'm walking a tightrope..the least bit of cheating--as in too many cashews!--and I'm up another pound.

The worst thing is feeling a loss of control...which is exactly how I felt before starting LC after years of yoyo dieting.

judy
  #117   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 17:20

This weekend? Hmm had planed to spend it under the stars with my telescope, but looks liek clouds are rolling in
  #118   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 01:28
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

I had a fun Saturday. I went shopping and bought some stuff for my kitchen. I got a spring form pan, a mixing bowl, a garlic press and a bunch of smaller things that I won't mention. I felt like I had won the loto. I usually cook on the weekends because I don't have time during the week. Today I experimented with TG deserts and a recipe from the Atkins website using scallops and spinach. The dinner was wonderful and afterward I made Karen's pumpkin cheesecake and because I still had a lot of pumpkin pure I made a pumpkin pound cake too. I won't know about the cheesecake until tomorrow but I thought the pound cake was pretty good with fresh whipped cream on top. It was somewhat low though. Does anyone know how to make low carb deserts rise better? I was thinking more baking powder. The pound cake doesn't have any bake mix in it just almond meal so that's probably the problem.

Gabrielle
  #119   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 07:28

Welp last night clouds crushed my plans, but the predicting better weather for tonight (I think they are taunting me!!) so plan to get out there tonight if its clear! iF not I'll prbly sit here and refresh this thread endlessly LOL
  #120   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 11:14
Forum Moderator

BF:

Gabrielle, I'm jealous! I love kitchen gadgets, but I hardly have any counter or storage space. Maybe I'll ask Santa to bring me a hutch for Christmas.

Vydor, did you see the Aurora the other night? I hear it was visible quite far South.