Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 18:56
Smilie Queen

Plan: Atkins/SB
Stats: 140/128.5/? Female 5'5"
BF:33%/27/22%
Progress: 60%

I also have to watch the calories. Even with excercising.... the 1200-1500 range is where it usally falls for me, too. Great thread!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 19:21
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I'm so bad, I don't exercise.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 19:22
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

What did y'all have for dinner tonight?
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 19:45
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

No LeCarb??

Hmmmm... I posted my food in my journal.. but you don't want to KNOW what I ate today... 'cause it wasn't exactly maintainers fare...

Mike
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 19:50
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

I posted in your journal Mike.

Last edited by 4beans4me : Wed, Nov-03-04 at 21:32.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 21:31
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Well.. I had lime pepper crusted cod with drawn butter, and broccoli. Just enjoyed a homemade LC brownie with SF amaretto cream cheese frosting.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 22:19
Smilie Queen

Ok, I'll post this, but it is NOT a normal dinner, I'm just too tired from spending 3 1/2 hours on the freeway. I had a protein shake and homemade lc cheesecake that I made with stevia and xylitol. Last night was better: chicken breast with spinach and broccoli.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 22:21
Smilie Queen

your dinner sounds great 4beans.... any leftovers
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 00:16
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi all! I am a 47 yr. old mother of 4, two grown girls (28 and 26) and two teens at home (17 yr. old girl and 16 yr. old boy). Was a stay at home mom for ten years, then got my real estate license when my son started 1st grade and have been selling ever since. (And am sick to death of it!). Have been divorced for 5 years.

Have gained and lost the same 80 -90 lbs. 4 times over the years! After 3 of my pregnancies, and then again after gaining it while going through a divorce. This is THE LAST TIME though! Right? Right!

I am currently eating the same way I was eating while I was losing - am actually happy with this woe (and a little afraid to eat more carbs.) Am definitely hypoglycemic - have never felt better or had more energy than when I'm eating LC. Wouldn't mind getting to 150, but am okay where I am too. And no, I don't exercise. Yet. (Hope springs eternal.)

For dinner tonight I had Buffalo Wings with celery and bleu cheese dressing, then some cashews later in the evening.

Liz
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 05:11

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Hi there!
I have always frequented the Protein Power area and am excited that there is now so much activity here My name is Wendy, I am 27, single, but dating a guy for the last year, and am a 6th grade math and social studies teacher here in central Ohio.

My lowcarb journey seems to be longer than many of yours. I started in the summer of 2001 with Atkins and failed miserably at it for 2 years. I would lose about 5 lbs and then binge and gain it all back. I never started bingeing till I did Atkins. I felt stuck with this WOE and totally out of control. I also felt very alone b/c there was no support for low carb in my life. It's not that my friends and family wanted me to fail. They just weren't eating like me so they weren't helpful at all. It was at the end of spring 2003 that I first started posting to forums like this and finally made the commitment to myself not to binge anymore. I also learned that Atkins doesn't work for me. It is too high fat, and I cannot moderate that eat liberally idea. So I upped my carbs to 60g per day, upped my protein, which helped with cravings, and cut back on calories for awhile. The weight finally started melting off for the first time in my life last fall. It only took about 3-4 months to go from 166-ish to 147-ish, where I am now. I have been maintaining now at under 150 (my warning number) for almost a year. I typically eat around 1450 calories or so per day, still around 60g carbs (shoot for no more than 20 per meal). I actually feel awful and gain when I eat less carbs than this, but I haven't had much desire to experiment with me. I am also hypothyroid which I think helps explain why I cannot go too low on carbs. I have experimented with the carbohydrate addict's diet, but Protein Power is really where I feel best. I look forward to getting to know all of you!
I have a similar cap on my weight as you ladies, 150 sends out warning signs. I am currently at 148.5 today, which is still a little higher than I'd like to be. I am trying to get away from counting and obsessing over every pound and calorie/carb, and focusing more on exercise. Because of this, I know the scale probably won't go down much more, but I am fine with that. I have pretty much been this weight for almost a year now, and I feel very happy about being able to stay here. I look forward to getting to know you!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 08:10
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hiya Liz! 4 kiddos too? Are we crazy or what?

Quote:
I am currently eating the same way I was eating while I was losing - am actually happy with this woe (and a little afraid to eat more carbs.)

Me too!!!!!!!!!! I've been maintaining for almost a year now though, and I'm ready to start trying harder to incorporate small portions of higher carb veggies, and even possibly whole grains. I do so much better while in ketosis though, so I'm thinking I may not be able to push my carb limit much higher than 30. We shall see... sigh.

Hi Wendy! I've been interested in PP, I just haven't picked up the book from the library yet. WTG with your wonderful success!
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 08:21
Smilie Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beans4me
Nope.

My 18 month old, and 8 year old polished off the remainders I was saving for lunch today.

Sounds like you're raising some smart kids!
I am going to eat some proper meals today. If I make chicken for lunch, which I probably will, I will throw an extra piece on for dinner. Sometimes, if I don't plan ahead, I end up eating like I did last night and this morning feel my energy low. I find it's a fine line, though between planning and overly obsessing. How do you guys plan/figure out what to eat?
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 08:44
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Hi everyone!!

So far so good for me.. last night I did NOT have any snacks after I went home.

This morning I had eggs and bacon.. of course mornings and afternoons are not usually my nemesis.

Also.. with all the work stress I'm under, I'm not going to stress too much about going astray a little... ok.. yesterday was more than a little...

Hopefully better today!

Mike
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 09:02
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

For me planning is key, or I get bored. I made a pact with myself awhile back that I would try at minimum one new recipe a week. Since I am the only LCer in the house, one regular size recipe of whatever, serves 4-6, so I have enough for leftovers for lunch during the week, and if I get sick of it, I freeze the 1 or 2 remaining portions. I love being able to pull quick meals out, as opposed to spending $5 or more on frozen dinners, or grabbing something I shouldn't because I don't have time to cook. I've also started LC baking, which up until last month, I had never tried. So far that has been really rewarding.

I make a weekly menu for the family and I, then make my grocery list accordingly. That way during the week I don't have to think about what I'm going to make, and I'm having so much fun trying new things.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 09:09
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Quote:
last night I did NOT have any snacks after I went home.

*Just say NO* to the vending machine today!