Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 10:11

Plan: General
Stats: 200/200/170 Male 74
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Yellowman's Yellow Journal!

Tomorrow I will start NHE. Originally, I decided to go with the bodybuilders plan, but after pigging out on vacation, I changed my mind and will do the standard program instead. (gained 10 lbs on vacation, lol. A good part of that is water though)

Starting stats:
Weight: 198 lbs
Bodyfat: 16.6% (using accu measure calipers and the 9 pt method)

Monday to Sunday, less than 20 gms of carbs daily.
Next Monday I begin the 30 to 60 gm down cycle, Wednesday will be the first up cycle.

My workouts will be as follows for a little while:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/maga...oss_workout.htm

Long term goals:
1) Decrease bodyfat to 10%
2) Increase weight to 200 lbs (180 lbs of lbm)
3) Increase strength, be able to benchpress 1 to 1.5x bodyweight as a 1RM

Short term goals:
1) Do regular NHE x 2 months, reeval and change to bodybuilders plan when bodyfat has decreased to at least 12%
2) Be diligent in eating habits, no transfats, keep protein sources lean, keep exercise hormonally correct. I may keeps saturated fats to 25% total of diet, and make most of the others monos. Very little polys if I can help it, just enough to make sure I get efa's in. My fat sources will be coconut oil, butter, heavy cream, cheeses, olive oil and mac nut oil.

This week on <20 gms carbs, I will do a general body workout or two, and some minimal cardio (light walking, 30 min or less) to aid in glycogen depletion. I will begin my first real workout the evening after carb up #1.

I've read the book twice, and I am very excited about starting this program. I tried the lower fat style 40/30/30 on a cut style diet, but was hungry all the time, and quite miserable. The best I ever felt was on a low carb diet, but when I attempted to lift weights, I had difficulty lifting. Little did I know of bioenergetics, ATP/CP or glycogen at that time.

Can't wait until the Extique Audio Trainer comes out!

**edited to start Monday instead of Tuesday** **lol**

Last edited by yellowman : Sun, Jul-18-04 at 19:09.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 18:24

Plan: General
Stats: 200/200/170 Male 74
BF:
Progress: 0%

Doh, meant to make that edit **changed to Monday instead of Sunday**.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-04, 09:00
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Yellowman:

Just introducing myself as a fellow NHEer. I just finished reading the book for the second time too. It came together better after the 2nd read, I thought. I loved the book.
Quote:

Can't wait until the Extique Audio Trainer comes out!
I'd love to hear your thoughts about this video. I've heard mixed reviews about it.

Wanda
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-22-04, 17:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 142/130/125 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress:

Yellow Man

I have made biscuits with both Carbquick and the Diet Chef's flour I mentioned in a previous post. I like the Carbquick better because it tastes more like real flour. The Diet Chef's flour is more grainy and has a lot of wheat gluten.