Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-21, 08:56

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Hiya Jeep

Wow!

I've never been an inspiration before (only a horrible warning)

Drink water if you feel hunger (outside the RM) and eat more than you normally would at the RM. An extra helping or tack on a fruit at the end.

Oh I'm so excited you're trying this! Let me know how it goes. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'm holding steady at 229

TTY soon
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-21, 03:45

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%

Morning mojo....

I did it! I started eating my RM at 5:15 and got done a little before 6. I remembered what you said and added 3 extra chicken wings to my meal.....more than I would normally have.

I also sleep really good last night and the thing I liked the most was I felt really positive all day yesterday!! I love not having to eat a lot of LC food all day so my RM taste delicious.

If it wasn’t for you I would have never thought I could do this

I will OMAD Monday thru Friday’s I think it will be to hard when DH is home...I should add I will try to OMAD....one day is different than a whole week lol.....do you OMAD when DH is home?

Talk soon
  #123   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-21, 10:35

That's wonderful Jeep!!!

I'm so happy you tried it and were successful!

I unfortunately had a minor blip when the kids came over and defrosted a choc pie last night. Just one sliver of pie became a bowl of cereal, chips and dip, candy......UGH! I know better!

So back to square one again today. Yes, I also eat this way when the hubby is around. I just leave enough for him when he gets out of work. (he doesn't understand it, doesn't like it, but no longer fights me about it)

TTYL
  #124   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-21, 04:09

BF:

Morning mojo

Thank you! I totally understand about when the kids come over, I don’t know what it is but I can’t stick to plan when they are around.
I think I don’t want to say I can’t have something or I’m on a diet because it’s just a downer lol.....my DH is used to the way I eat but always likes us to eat “together”😱

I know you will get right back to plan you always do!....RM yesterday was another sub and lays salt & vinegar chips.....yep up one pound this morning, I probably should give up the chips but their soooo good

Enjoy your Easter 🐣
  #125   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-21, 08:54

Hey Jeep

I totally understand about wanting the chips, that is why we eat this way, so we can indulge.
Yes, my DH wants me to eat with him too. I sit with him instead, drink water and talk. I think he just wants my delightful company.

I'm right back on plan today. Drinking water and black coffee this morning. Happy Easter!

TTYL
  #126   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-21, 07:59

Morning Jeep

Down another pound, its working! How was your Easter? We had an egg hunt and we colored eggs.

For my RM yesterday- scalloped potatoes and ham, green bean casserole, cherry pie, cool whip, Hawaiian roll with butter. I'll probably have that same thing today for my RM.

Hope you are doing well. It's raining cats and dogs here! Hubby and I are getting our second covid vaccine shot today.

TTYL
  #127   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-21, 10:27

BF:

Hi Mojo.....

We had a great Easter thanks, sounds like we ate about the same things. Ham scalloped potatoes Hawaiian sweet rolls and jumbo fried shrimp. Son brought over a red velvet 3 layer cake it was ok had a small piece. I did have a lot of Easter candy!

We are getting our second vaccine not this Saturday but next. I have heard the 2nd is worse let me know how you feel after it. I only got a sore arm after the first one. It is different for everyone, I was a little nervous when I got it but I was glad to get it.

RM will be 2 cheeseburgers and leftover deviled eggs maybe some Easter candy also.

Talk soon
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-21, 09:14

Hiya Jeep

Glad you had a nice Easter! The arm is very sore and I'm tired, but other than that, vaccination went fine. Had the Pfizer one. It went a lot quicker than the 1st dose. I'm glad its over and glad I got it done.

I'm down another pound today! I've been taking apple cider vinegar before bedtime, not sure if that has something to do with it or not. Couldn't hurt though right?

My RM was at 2pm instead of 4 or 5. That might be a contributing factor as well. Not sure what I'm having today for my RM. I've been craving pumpernickel round bread with the spinach dip inside. I can't seem to find the bread anywhere tho. Also, I haven't been able to find Wondra flour anywhere.

TTYL
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-21, 04:34

BF:

Hi mojo......

Another pound that’s fantastic! You are really doing well on the OMAD

I started eating at 1 yesterday and then ate some more at dinner😱
So I didn’t do OMAD or CAD

I also didn’t get on the scale this morning to many ups and downs this week.

Back to it today RM will be cheeseburger with avocado and checker fries. Maybe some chicken wings if I’m still hungry

Glad everything went good for you with the vaccine, we got the Moderna vaccine and second dose is 4 weeks after the first. I felt safer as soon as I got my first shot. This virus is no joke and I do not want to get it.

Later
  #130   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-21, 11:00

Hey Jeep

We all have slip-ups, no biggie! I'm in the groove right now, hoping it will keep up, because I'm down another pound.

Yes, I'm glad you did too and the majority of people are planning to get the vaccine. It will help for sure, but its not foolproof, especially since there are new variant strains. Gotta still mask up and all that jazz.

Anywho, still doing the OMAD. My cutoff lately has been 2pm which is a little early, though I haven't felt hungry. I eat alot during that one meal. Ham, potatoes, green bean casserole, pie, pineapple, and kefir. Now my leftovers are gone and I'm not sure what to have today.

TTYL (I'm glad to have you here with me on this journey)

Do you think we will get more CAD/CALP people to join us?
  #131   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-21, 04:35

BF:

Morning mojo

You really are kicking it!! Just keep up what your doing and don’t ever change it up!!

I’m going to start weighing in on Fridays, these ups and downs are just to much. I have been doing 2MAD the last few days and will do OMAD when it feels right. I don’t think I’m eating enough when I eat just the one meal. I’m usually so hungry the next day or even that night.

I made a quesadilla burger yesterday because I love the Applebee’s quesadilla burger. It turned out awesome! I really don’t like cooking but this was worth it and came out tasting like the original but better because I put avocado on it “ I love avocado”

Thank you mojo....I’m glad your with me also, it would be great if more people would try CAD of course with seeing your results not mine lol I seem to go up and down a lot.

I need to start losing pounds or I’m going to have to some how switch things up. I loved OMAD but couldn’t keep it up....maybe a small window will help me lose.

Not sure what I will have for RM today I didn’t plan anything special, I do have a pizza in the freezer might cook that with a salad or broccoli soup.

Later
  #132   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-21, 10:21

Hey Jeep

Hang in there girl! I know the ups and downs are discouraging, I've been there. It seems like I've lost the same few pounds over and over and over....infinity, only to gain them back. This way has been successful for me, but you do what works for you. It took me a long while to figure it out. What has worked for you in the past? Maybe 2MAD works better for you, but in a compressed way. Having a cutoff time works well for me, and earlier rather than later. You like having dinner with your hubby, so make that your cutoff. Take anything off the menu that makes you hungry later on. I used to struggle with late night hunger. I realized certain foods made me hungry. Also, if I put one thing in my mouth (past my cutoff) it made me ravenous all night long! So now, I know not to do it.

Do you use the cronometer app? It will track your weight and calories, but you can also take notes. Keep track of the nights when you are really hungry - it might be something you're eating. Have you been successful with this in the past? I have and then I got talked out of it. That way of eating isn't healthy and so on. I no longer care or listen to that. My way or the highway! I'm stubborn don't ya know

Anyways, thanks for listening to my rant. TTYL
  #133   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-21, 06:39

BF:

Morning mojo

Good advice as always, I always have my cut off time at 6pm and never eat past that no mater how hungry I get. The only time I do is holidays when family is over and we usually have dessert later then 6....I do use Cronometer occasionally, but I’m not one to track my calories every day. Do you count yours?

I’m thinking of going back to eating just one carb at my RM...and doing TRE.... I weighed in today and weight is the same🥴 I am weighing on Fridays now
I’m starting to think CAD is good for maintaining but not losing (for me) but I will continue for now

RM will be a salad and cheeseburger w/checkers fries “love checkers fries”

Talk soon
  #134   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-21, 10:04

Hey Jeep

Yes, I do track everything I put in my mouth on cronometer. Just to help me figure out what works and what doesn't. Lower calories definitely makes a difference on the scale. For instance, I had some ice-cream for dessert yesterday, put me over in calories, and today no loss on the scales. Weight remained the same, which is fine, but that means ice-cream is just an occasional treat.

Looks like your cut-off is working and you have much better will power then I do Look at some tweaks, to get the scale moving again. Adding in exercise or lowering calories or removing trigger foods.

My hunger is under control right now, which is a wonderful thing. I have told my kids not to bring snacks over, chips, cookies, fruit snacks etc. I can't have them in the house.
What has worked for you?

TTYL
  #135   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-21, 11:13

BF:

Hi mojo.....

A couple questions.....you usually eat OMAD around 2 or 3 so I was wondering why you don’t wait and eat with DH when he eats dinner? Not trying to be nosy but trying to understand since it works so good for you. When I do OMAD I wait till around 5 so we can eat together but i get soooo hungry that I just don’t make it till 5.......also how many calories do you allow yourself a day

Thanks