Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 18:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins and Curves
Stats: 175/171/145 Female 5'6
BF:28%
Progress:
Talking Group Reply

What a great Group! You get to the senior age and it is so nice to find your age group around. My new doctor is 29, 9 years older then my oldest grand-daughter. My mom always told me this would happen. Darn, why are they always right. Her favorite saying was,"children are for the young", well I just left my 8 grandkids and 10 hours of love was enough for me. I am 60,hysterectomy at 27,on Premarin since then,colitis,FMS,degenerative bone disease, and hypothyroidism, on synthroid. I have tried every diet in the world for the past 6 years,thin until then, and the only one I really feel good on is low carb. I do my own thing with that. I belonged to Curves and lasted 1 month and the doctor made me quit due to severe pain in the lower spine, but I did buy the book on line at WalMart, I follow the carb. sensitive diet and I do home exercise. It works great for me. I take a day or 2 off when the urge hits me and I just continue to eat the way I know I will always eat. With colitis I have to be very careful what I eat and when I take my meds. I just started Celebrex and as long as I stay on the low carb I am ok. Enough of some of my medical history and medicine cabinet. Pene, your user name caught my eye and made me smile. Have a wonderful evening everyone,chat with you soon. Susan
180/171/145 Started June/2003
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 21:15

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Susan, hello there and welcome to our little corner of the forum!!

We all have so much in common besides just our age and the fact we all love the low carb WOE! You'll fit right in here!

We have an excercise thread going with a challenge we're getting ready to start. It's on Chloesue's thread :Looking for ladies over 50". Come join us and,I promise, we'll let you move at your own rate! We have walkers, treadmillers (?), roller bladers (!!!) and bikers.....and one very cute cheerleader who can't excercise because of osteoporosis problems. Come join us...we're having a blast!

Have a great evening!
Nance
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 11:57

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 190.4/180.4/140 Female 53
BF:
Progress: 20%

I am 51 and have been done low carb off and on for about 2 years now. 2006 I lost about 50 pounds and kept it off 2 years following a kind of south beach approach. I had a lot of stress and loss in my life over the next couple years and as my history of weigh loss/gain I gained it all back and more. The last 4 years I have tried everything which has resulted in yo yo effect. Now that I am in menopause the only way I have been able to see the scale go down is with extremely low carb. I have about 40 pound to lose but it is effecting my heath. I am trying to research IF and am confused. I am not wanting to go 24 hours with out eating I am looking for a daily schedule. I am a chronic over eater I eat to decrease anxiety and stress I eat for boredom I am struggling with only eating when hungry habits I know have to change if this is going to be a lifestyle and not a quick fix. I think the IF may be the answer. Would love to hear from you that are doing IF and how are you doing it? Thanks

Last edited by HorseChick : Thu, Jul-21-16 at 12:00. Reason: Spelling