Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-01, 07:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 217/212/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%
Question BIOTEST T2-PRO: Anyone used it?

Has any tried it?

Info about the product:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When formulating T2-PRO, we wanted to design something that took fat-loss supplementation another giant step toward a more-perfect world. We thought it'd be pretty spectacular if we could formulate a highly effective fat-loss agent that didn't need to be cycled. And to do that, we'd have to find compounds that legitimately stimulated and supported thyroid function without suppressing TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) one iota.

Even though the thyroid hormone, T2 (3,5-diiodo-L-thyronine) is potentially suppressive if used long-term, it's still very safe when used at the recommended doses for periods of up to six weeks. But after that, to avoid the possibility of TSH suppression, you need to cycle off for six weeks, which puts you back to only using the other-type fat burners -- and they have to be cycled as well. So, up until now, there hasn’t been an effective fat-loss formula on the market that you can take year round.

The theoretical premise for our design is centered around two critical goals: 1) locating ample supplies of the direct precursors -- the actual building blocks -- of the major thyroid hormones T2 and T3. And 2) finding an effective thyroid "stimulator" that doesn't suppress TSH.

The Chemical Thermogenic Catalyst

After all of our research, we've found only one good choice for a thyroid booster that's not suppressive. We're bound to uncover more in the future, but for now, we've found just one thyroid stimulant currently available that can really get the job done well. The specific compound is called forskolin, which is found in an herb used in Indian, Ayurvedic medicine, called Coleus forskohlii.

Phytochemically speaking, forskolin is a labdane-type diterpene. Diterpenes in general are widely found in plants, many of which impart known medicinal actions in the body. Forskolin, in particular, has a very unique ability to directly activate adenylate cyclase. This is of major importance to us because adenylate cyclase is the enzyme that catalyzes the formation of cyclic AMP (cyclic adenosine monophosphate or cAMP) from ATP.

I know this sounds a bit geeky, but we're just around the corner from pay-dirt here. Bear with me and I'll show you how forskolin, through the production of cyclic AMP, supercharges thyroid function. I promise, you're gonna' explode with excitement over this…

Now here's the gold: Cyclic AMP is responsible for intracellular mediation of TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) through the "second messenger" pathway. In other words, cAMP either mediates or actually mimics TSH! And, as you know, TSH is the messenger responsible for triggering the thyroid to produce more of its powerful, thermogenic hormones.

In other words, we've found a non-suppressive method of stimulating the production of thyroid hormones. Bottom line, forskolin can actually rev up thermogenesis just as if you were taking bodybuilder doses of T2 and T3! There's only one thing that potentially stands in the way, though: Do you have enough building blocks circulating in your system to make the thyroid hormones?

For sure, through the use of forskolin, we can send a strong signal to the thyroid to make more hormones, but if the gland doesn't have ample supplies of bricks and mortar, you won't get the optimal effect.

What exactly are T2 and T3 comprised of anyway?

Sugar and spice, and everything nice? Nah, everyone knows that's what little girls are made of. We're talking serious chemistry here. So let's check out the actual chemical identities of T2 and T3:

T2 = diiodothyronine
T3 = triiodothyronine

As you can see, both T2 and T3 have a similar makeup. Both are thyronines, except one's a di (meaning 2 iodides) and the other's a tri (meaning three iodides).

It's common knowledge that tyrosine is a precursor to the various thyronines, and that taking L-tyrosine as a supplement can boost thyroid function. But is plain ol' L-tyrosine the direct intermediary to the all-important ligands? Close, but not precisely on the money. The key components required to make T2 and T3 are indeed a form of tyrosine; however, they both require two exotic versions of the amino acid.

The two tyrosines that form T2, T3, and even T4 are iodo-L-tyrosine and diiodo-L-tyrosine -- in other words, tyrosine structures with one and two iodides super-glued on. Then, using an enzyme called thyroperoxidase, iodotyrosine and diiodotyrosine in various configurations are coupled together to make T2, T3, and T4. Watch how simple the thyroid-hormone puzzle fits together:

T2 = 2 x iodotyrosine
T3 = iodotyrosine + diiodotyrosine
T4 = 2 x diiodotyrosine

Pretty cool, huh? Now, all we have to do is find a good source for iodotyrosine and diiodotyrosine. And if we combine forskolin with the two tyrosines, we'll have ourselves the first, highly effective thyroid modulator ever to hit the supplement market, period. This thing will rock -- big time!

Metabolic Thermonuclear War!

Well, we found great supplies of super-pure versions of the two tyrosines and we've located the best source of forskolin. The only thing left to do is put all the ingredients into capsule form and swallow, which is exactly what we've done -- all but the swallowing, that is. We'll leave that up to you.

With T2-PRO, which contains forskolin to potentiate or actually mimic TSH and the two tyrosines supplying the raw materials, you've got the makings of metabolic thermonuclear war!

One dose contains 75 mg of Coleus forskohlii (15 mg of forskolin), 100 mcg of iodotyrosine, and 100 mcg of diiodotyrosine -- ample amounts to nuke the fat right off those irritating, hard-to-get-off spots. Can you say love handles, lower abs, butt and thighs?

Each bottle lasts 30 days, which makes T2-PRO one of the more-affordable fat burners on the market. And considering it's, without question, the only potent thyroid modulator available, it's a bargain.

I give you my personal guarantee that T2-PRO will be everything you've ever hoped for in a fat burner and more. Don't believe me? If I'm wrong, you can get a full refund. You can't beat that -- there's nothing to lose.

And for all of you who've tried and liked the the thyroid horrmones, T2 and T3, I truly believe that you'll find the effects of T2-PRO are even better. Really. You can stoke the fires of your thyroid just as much, plus you never need to cycle off!

As far as fat loss is concerned, with T2-PRO, we're now all that much closer to a more-perfect world -- a world where being hard and lean is the rule and not simply the rare exception.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-01, 17:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Exclamation I've moved this post here....

because it is technically NOT a specifically LowCarb Product and the subject product is edging into a hazardous area of messing with the metabolism, thyroid stimulation, which shouldn't be done lightly or without a great deal of research.

Further, as I've suggested in another post, Goblins, one should definitely provide attribution information (who "owns" this material, what company is it, and where did you get it which is usually a website address). It really helps the future readers of this post if they know the source and the date of the information.

Last edited by IslandGirl : Fri, Jan-25-02 at 13:06.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 22:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/235/180
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Biotest T2

Hi, I bought a bottle of the T2. I take other medication that makes me quite sleepy throughout the day. I would take the ECA stack (ephidrine, caffeine, and aspirin) and that would keep me quite awake and jittery, but I was worried about getting addicted to it so I stopped. I had the t2 stuff for a while, but hadn't used it much. Today I decided I wanted to just use up the bottle and see what happens. I've noticed I'm more awake from taking the minimum amounts, and it's a lot less jittery than the ECA stack. That's my experience so far. I'm going to take it some more and see what kind of results I get as far as fat loss. I only hope it's good for metabolism and insulin, though I haven't done research on it.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 10:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/235/180
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default version of t2

I should point out that I'm taking an older version of the t2 formula which doesn't contain the forskolin. The new version should be better. I haven't noticed too much as far as fat loss with the older t2 version. I may try the new stuff.