Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jul-04-06, 16:56

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 276/241/199 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 45%

Yeah... Im down 34lbs now and Im SOO curious to see where Im at now. But I think I'll wait a few months after I've drops more lbs.

I get a Metobolic Panel done on my blood every few weeks... and thats looking great so far.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 02:22

Plan: Slimfast
Stats: 216/184/174 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindySue48
Welcome to the world of big pharma!!! The lower you get it, the lower they're going to say it needs to be!!! Got to get you on drugs!!!! And if one doesn't work, there are soooooo many to choose from!!!

Recently I read a prediction that the next recomendation is going to be for it to be below 160 (4.1)! (So I guess that prediction has come true!!!) Pretty much impossible without drugs!!!

My score was based on a fasting sample so 4.7 is a measure of the cholesterol my body manufactures before I eat anything.I'm quite happy to keep using apple cider vinegar and stay off drugs.

I've heard of these negative foods which contain less calories than the body takes to digest them causing weight loss just by eating them.

Wonder if there's a food or an activity which either uses up cholesterol or inhibits its production?
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 06:47

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcfuser
My score was based on a fasting sample so 4.7 is a measure of the cholesterol my body manufactures before I eat anything.I'm quite happy to keep using apple cider vinegar and stay off drugs.

I've heard of these negative foods which contain less calories than the body takes to digest them causing weight loss just by eating them.

Wonder if there's a food or an activity which either uses up cholesterol or inhibits its production?
Why do you want to inhibit production of cholesterol? This is a substance that is required by virtually every cell in your body!!!

The dangers of cholesterol are just another link in the Pharma hype!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-06-06, 03:58

BF:
Progress:
Smile

Quote:
Why do you want to inhibit production of cholesterol? This is a substance that is required by virtually every cell in your body!!!

The dangers of cholesterol are just another link in the Pharma hype!

You're right. It's not an idea I am entertaining seriously. Chances are in 10 years time they'll discover that getting cholesterol down so low is not a good idea.

I've worked to cut down my levels of dietary cholesterol and I'm happy with 4.7. I'm not going for the world record. My wife is 7.2 and one of my brothers was 11.2. Dread to think what his level is now as he was at 11.2 some time ago and he likes his food!!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-06-06, 18:23

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

I don't have mine tested anymore, but my last total was about 8.2 (224). My HDL is high, my Triglycerides are low. And my BS is below 95, A1c 4.5. That's all I care about.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jul-07-06, 03:51

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
I don't have mine tested anymore, but my last total was about 8.2 (224). My HDL is high, my Triglycerides are low. And my BS is below 95, A1c 4.5. That's all I care about.

That's pretty good. If you keep your LDLs down and cut out sugar your triglycerides will fall.

Being new to the forum I noticed the notation BF at the right jand side of posts which I assume means body fat. Is that right? If so how do you calculate it please?
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jul-07-06, 22:29
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%

You either get a scale that tells your body fat, or you have a personal trainer at the gym use the calipers on you.