Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Finally hit goal
Posted by itguy1998
Posted Mon, Nov-04-13
Male 6'2"
Plan: aim for zero carbs
Stats: 290/208/210
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default Finally hit goal

I thought I would start a new thread since I've hit my goal weight. I started at 290 lbs (probably closer to 300, but not sue). I am 6'2 and have a big frame. The weight melted off starting in January, and progressed well until I finally made it to around 220 in July. I fluctuated to around 216 in July- October, but never went below. Finally, I broke through my long stall. This morning, I am at 208, officially busting my goal weight of 210.

For me my stall was with just my body doing what it needed to do on its own timetable, or a response to my scaling back of almonds. Almonds are where most of my carbs come from, and I have them for a snack
In the morning and afternoon. I've generally reduced to having them once a day and substitute cheese for my morning snack. I would guess its a combination of these reasons. Another reason for he stall busting. Ay be I started strength training more often again. I had slacked off to about once a week (while adding running to my schedule of swimming). I've gone back to strength training 3 times a week, with a little less cardio.

So, since I am "done", what's next? Well, I never approached this as a temporary thing. I think that's my main reason for success so far. I am going to continue eating low carb, but will add back more veggies when I get to 200. I did have a tomato this weekend with my tuna and cottage cheese - amazing how sweet it was when you aren't used something like that. I pretty much look with disdain at bread and pasta, so no big deal continuing to avoid them.

I have treated myself to the occasional frozen yogurt (I get an actual serving size). I get the no sugar added, so as to keep the sugar intake to a small mountain! This occasional treat has never caused me to fall off the wagon.

Now off to eat my eggs for BREAKfast...
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

12 comments [read all comments]