Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: has relacore(or similar product) worked for you
not at all 44 55.70%
noticed weightloss on scale 3 3.80%
inch loss 18 22.78%
scale and inch loss 14 17.72%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

#46   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 15:51

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I went on 3 different online shopping you guys posted and it refuses to ship order due to federal law...guess we cant get it here in canada...but DELTA where did you order yours? i cant seem to find anyone shipping to Canada...Montreal...can someone help me if possible please

thanks
lanny
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 11:32

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Plan
Stats: 174/171/135
BF:
Progress: 8%

I had a negative experience with Relacore.Headache,stomach and digestion problems and lack of energy.It seemed to effect my moods too.I never lost weight or inches either.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: No plan right now
Stats: 148/146/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogirl
I had a negative experience with Relacore.Headache,stomach and digestion problems and lack of energy.It seemed to effect my moods too.I never lost weight or inches either.

I have a friend that had bad side effects also. She stopped taking it. I guess it works for some and not others.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 09:06

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink Started Relacore Today

I just bought a bottle of Relacore today. Was at K-mart buying toothbrushes for the kids (I know, I know..exciting life!) and I noticed a bottle of it. It was $29.99 for 110 pills. Taking 2 pills 3/day that's about 20 days worth of pills. I took my first two this morning and will let you know how it works. I justified it by telling myself that was the same price as taking my hubby and kids out to eat. If it works that'd be great, if not... I'm not out too much. I never buy more than 1 bottle of anything new. That way if I don't like it I am only out the initial investment and not stuck with any useless product. I have 2 small kids and work in a nursing home. I knoooowwww I've got stress! If this can even help me keep a handle on the day to day stuff and move through life more smoothly I'll keep the stuff! Loss of weight and inches would be nice too. A month worth of Celexa is $80 here. Relacore $30. Hmm, sounds better to me! I'll keep you posted on my results!
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 11:49
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogirl
Relacore lowers cortison that actually keeps our digestive system healthy, reducing inflamation. Cortisol has other life supporting functions, so not everyone would benefit by lowering cortisol level, unless they are runing it very high. IMHO, cortisol level should be checked first. it's a cyclical hormone, with highest level in AM, and lowers in PM.
http://stress.about.com/cs/cortisol/a/aa012901.htm

Dina
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 11:54
Registered Member

Plan: south beach / low carb
Stats: 200/180/125 Female 5'2
BF:42.0%/41.1%/28%
Progress: 27%

diet pills may or may not work according to your body chemistry... i have found cortisol blockers work semi-well for me... so did/does ephedrine but its all about finding balance and not overstepping the boundary where it becomes unhealthy...

i agree that sometimes some people have high amounts of cortisol that may be inhibiting weight loss... i am a candidate for such. i am pretty sure that stress plays a role in my whole body chemistry, thus throwing off my metabolism as well...
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-04, 22:36

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 195/195/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default New with questions :)

Hello

I just found this site while doing a search on Relacore. I was wondering if anyone has had side effects? Nervousness, sweating, anxiety, etc?? Also, I've read the thread and saw "OOO" in several places. Could someone tell me what this is? I'd really appreciate it
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-04, 06:25
Registered Member

Plan: genLC
Stats: // Female ni
BF:
Progress:

Hi Shine,
OOO is Oil of Oregano, and if you keep reading, you'll see a lot of anecdotal info on these threads. I did not have a good experience with Relacore but others have.
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-04, 23:00

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 195/195/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

ksa, thanks so much for the info. Also, I was wondering if you could tell me the experience you had with Relacore? If not, I'll understand I was just wanting to know if the side effects are bad, like heart palpatations or anxiety, etc.

Thanks again
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-04, 17:10
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Shine, it affected my mood and thinking processes--made me indecisive, and I felt I couldn't think clearly. I was second guessing myself constantly on small and large decisions. Stopped taking it, and I was back to normal the next day.
I tried Relacore once for several days, experienced this, stopped taking it, then, a couple weeks later I tried it again and same story. It didn't impact my weight or help me lose inches, but I didn't take it very long. My own personal chemistry didn't mesh with it, I guess. There is a hormone in it--DHEA--that I think was the culprit, and I don't really think it's a good idea to self-diagnose and mess with hormonal balance without the supervision of a dr.
No heart palpatations or anxiety (well, it caused me a lot of anxiety that I couldn't think clearly!)
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-04, 11:36
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 170/164/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I took Relacore for a couple days, and experienced dry mouth and anxiety. I have quit, but plan on trying again, starting with half the recommended dosage. I have a real intolerance for any kind of "go fast" medication/herbs.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 23:31

Plan: Mixed
Stats: 151/151/140 Female 67"
BF:
Progress:

I tried taking Relora and got a terrible case of acne. Even as a teenager I never really had acne issues except for a lone zit that I would get pre-mentrual. But, these zits were painful - never knew they hurted. Anyone else got acne? Did they go away after a while. Could the acne mean that my body was being restored to teen-like state? (I wish!!!).

I stopped taking them but if I knew that they would eventually go away I would continue.
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 06:15
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

smurstep, I've never heard of this with relacore, but the stuff is fairly new on the scene. A terrible case of painful acne? Sorry to hear that! But, if you are near the age of 40, you may be experiencing acne from natural hormonal changes. When I went through that phase, I would only get one though, nearing TOM, (just before a special occasion when I wanted to look my best, of course!)
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 11:14
Ohmahgawd! Really??

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 314/306.5/300 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%
Talking

I have been taking Relacore for 4 days now, and am journaling everything I am finding in my journal here. I do have increased energy, although it is a little spurty, the first day I took it, I was a little over emotional, guess my body was not ready for the change. I also started taking OoO the same day, they seem to work well in conjunction for me. Today I measured my self, and I have lost 3 inches in my waist, 2 in my belly, and 2.5 inches in my hips. It is working so well, that even my DH is impressed.
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-04, 19:57

Plan: Mixed
Stats: 151/151/140 Female 67"
BF:
Progress:

ksa- I am exactly 40 years old and maybe you're right about the whole hormonal thingy. The zits did show up about a week before TOM and has since gone away. Tomorrow I will restart and see what happens. If I am indeed having hormonal imbalance issues all the more reason to take these.

If I break out again I will quit for good but I think it is worth a shot one more time.