Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-11-19, 06:33
Registered Member

Plan: Dirty Carnivore
Stats: 140/140/000 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Listening to my body

Hi Everyone. I have just been conducting an experiment this past week because I thought I wanted to eat "normally." What a lesson I learned

I stuffed myself with bread, a ton of fruit, and vegetables, and ate almost no meat. My taste buds were thrilled I must say - I had been eating very low carb for a long time and had been denying myself a lot of things.

Fast forward to yesterday. I woke up swollen, with achy wrists and ankles, a tummy sticking out as if I were 6 months preggers! Not pretty.

See, I thought that if I let my body tell me what I needed things would sort themselves out and I could "be like everyone else" eating "normally." It turns out I have to use my intellect not just my taste buds. My intellect tells me today what it has been telling me for years: Hey, stupid! Carbs are tasty, maybe, but your body doesn't like them, so wake up!!

Anyway, here I am. I don't have much actual weight to lose but I have a lot of "mental weight" to shift. I guess I have to face the fact that there are things in this life we can't have, but we have to adjust our thinking and be smart - we can use our brains to find the perfect food fit.

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of you who have been through the same kind of wake up I have.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-11-19, 06:45

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Welcome! Keep experimenting - perhaps there are some things you can add back in - you could use your list of what you ate and add them back one at a time to find offending foods maybe, or just go carnivore, lots of options!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-11-19, 07:00
Registered Member

Plan: Dirty Carnivore
Stats: 140/140/000 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for the comment. Yes, I sure learned this past week that adding everything back that I have been craving is just so foolish. So back to basics, and add gently!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-11-19, 07:37

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi, Barbara. Those of us who have a bit (or a bit more) weight to lose still struggle with the acknowledgment that the whole LC commitment is about health, not weight. It's not for everyone. But for those to whom it applies, it is indeed life-changing and beneficial to stick with it.

Best wishes. You'll enjoy the conversations here.