Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 20:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/???/120 Female 5'-4"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default The slippery slope

I should have seen it coming a mile away. I think it all started with the coffee. I was two weeks into Atkins, feeling great with tons of energy and raving to all my friends about how wonderful this diet was. In my supreme confidence I decided that a cup of coffee in the mornings wouldn't really hurt.

A few days later I thought "a couple almonds" won't really hurt (see where this is going?). Then I went out of town at the end of week 3 and the sashimi I ordered arrived as rice covered maki and sushi instead and I didn't send it back. Then on Sunday's drive home there was the Wendy's salad with what turned out to be low fat dressing and I was starving. After that I arrived home and had a tiny sample pack of chips that was lying around for no good reason. After that I started "hearing the call of the doritos" (my biggest weakness).

The only thing I can respect myself for is that after finding myself in the convenience store I picked up two regular sized bags of doritos instead of the giant feedbag sized one that I really wanted.

When I woke up this morning I finally understood just how much eating crap will slow me down. Fortunately I somehow managed to drag myself out of the slump and get back in the game.

This is the price I pay for letting myself get a little too confident that I was "in control"

24 hours post-binge I can feel my energy returning. Won't be doing that again!

-Ashtaroth
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 20:38
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Just realize it's an addictive reaction and move on. Meanwhile control the triggers and your environment. Sometimes if the feelings hit but there is nothing quick and illegal, the feelings pass.