Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 19:41

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default HI GUYS

THANKS FRIENDS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT. IT REALLY DOES HELP. I'LL TRY TO STICK THIS OUT. I HAVE RESIGNED MYSELF TO GO WITH THE DAMN HIGHER WEIGHT. SO I'LL JUST CHANGE THE STATS AND START FRESH. AT LEAST WITH THE DIGITAL I MAY GET SOME ENCOURAGEMENT IF I LOSE 1/4 OF A POUND.

TODAY WAS GOOD.
B-COFFEE/CREAM
L-CHICKEN,SALAD, BLEU CHEESE DRESSING
D-TACO MEAT AND CHEESE, 1 TACO SHELL, SALAD. CAULIFLOWER

FAT FREE HOT COCOA WITH WHIPPED CREAM.

DRANK LOTS OF WATER. PEEING ALL DAY. I DO STILL HAVE THE PERIOD AND I AM HAVING A TERRIBLE TIME WITH CONSTIPATION. I'VE BEEN TAKING FIBER SUPPLEMENTS AND THEY ARE STARTING TO WORK, BUT NOT AS WELL AS I WOULD LIKE.

SO THAT'S IT. THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. HOW CAN I NOT STICK AROUND NOW?
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 21:36

BF:
Default CHANGED STATS

I'M BEING A BIG GIRL NOW AND CHANGING MY STATS TO THE NEW SCALE.
WAAAHHHH!!!
I'LL HAVE TO START AVERAGING FROM TODAY I GUESS. I PUT A MORE REALISTIC GOAL WEIGHT TOO. I CAN ALWAYS CHANGE IT IF I WANT LOWER.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 23:32

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default SOUND OFF

Counting cadence here.

B - 2 egg veg omelete
L - Sardine salad
D - 4 cups of salad, half an avacado, round steak.
About 2 hours later, a grande soy latte with splenda.

Yes, off the wagon.

I couldn't sleep last night my legs hurt so bad. Finally took some potassium and a percogesic (non asprin pain killer.) Slept for a couple hours, got another percogesic and slept a couple more hours. Felt awful most of the day. Kept smelling some familiar but nasty smell, sinus pain.

After the latte at Barnes and Noble in celebration of our state tax refund, my legs quit hurting, back and neck popped into place. Still a bit buzzed.

The smell is pollen from the shrubs out front. Every spring, yuck! Think the condo people would notice the round-up on them? Maybe if I talked mean to the plants they'd die. "HEY you creepy shrubs, I have PMS! Prepare to die!" My african violets bloomed when I threatened them.
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 00:14

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Hi

I just wanted to say hello to everyone before I get started on my program. 2-29-02 is day one and hopefully I'll be posting a lost in a week from now. Good going everyone!!! Let's forge ahead.
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 05:04

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default CHRIS

Hi Chris,

I think I know why you're not losing as fast as you want. I had that exact same problem. The constipation is stopping you from everything. I tried everything to go (short of taking laxative) and I found a SUPERB natural product that really helps. It's called PODIEM . They sell it at pharmacies, and it's great.

The only thing I could warn you about is to follow instructions and drink lots of water as they say. In a couple days you should be back to normal, and keep taking it every day.

Hope this helps.
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 08:15
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 194/189/120
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Friday for me

Hello... glad to see that I am not the only one who screwed up yesterday. I was feeling pretty bad about it too. I just feel so ichky and fat and I hate it! I still did my Tae Bo workout. I really love to exercise. I wish that I could just exercise and lose weight that way instead of chaning my eating habits. I just hate being this fat. It is so so so depressing. Anyway...

Breakfast: egg salad
Lunch: cottage cheese and cucumber
Dinner: mac and cheese (homemade) and salad
Water: 100 oz
Exercise: Denise Austine's Pilates
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 10:10

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default morning weigh in

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning.

This morning I weigh one pound less than I did yesterday. Yipppppy Skipppppy Dooooo Da....... I am so excited. It has been a slow for me recently and I am going to blame it on my TOM. HA!

Chris. I hate your scales. Don't ever let me borrow them. booo. I am just going to stick with the same old one I have because I know that they are ALL different and this way I can at least see some progress.

Goal weight is just a number. Health, fitness, being happy.....thats what it is really all about!!

Ya'll have a great day.
Libby
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 19:53

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Default March 1st Post

I'm spending the weekend at my parents again I hope I can stick to my diet. I now have an incentive though... well actually I have two and I decided to share them with you all:

1- My DH is out of town till may. Except for the few weekends he comes home. So I want to lose as much as I can by the time he comes home and have a new me for both of us.

2- We have 2 weddings to go to, and I saw this AMAZING dress that I want so badly. I'm not usually the kind to fall in love with a particular piece of clothing. But this dress is just SOOOO beautiful, and I thought I'd buy it in 2 sizes smaller so I can have an even bigger incentive to fit into it by the time the weddings come.

So every time I think of cheating, I think of DH & Dress and try to resist. So far I haven't been too bad today:

BR: 1 coffee, 2 scrambled eggs, 4 strips of bacon, 3 sausages
L: 1 soup, 1 veggie springroll with sauce (little cheat)
D: 4 chicken legs (they were small) and some french fries.

A bit more water than before today. Still not as much as I should but hey... Rome wasn't built in a day!!!

Thats it for now....
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 22:09

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Question

Today was my first day on CAD and I would love feedback from the veterans on how I did and any suggestions.

B: egg omelet w/ cheese and red peppers

L: broiled salmon and salad

D: salad, 2 slices of pizza, chocolate cupcake

I always drink lots of water ( 1 liter per day)

Exercise: Tae Bo

Thanks
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 22:24

BF:
Default I'ts me again

Hi,

B- 4 egg veg omelete
L- can of sardines
D- huge salad, chicken, blueberry shake with no sugar added soy milk 4 gm compared to 18 gzillion

I'm trying to increase my protein, boy was I stuffed for breakfast. I cleaned the garden today, beautiful weather.
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 04:25

BF:
Default HI GUYS

HELLO EVERYONE,
FRIDAY NO CHANGE IN SCALE. THIS IS BULL****! I AM SICK OF IT AND NOW FIRDAY I HAD MY FIRST CHEAT IN 3 WEEKS.
I WAS SO FRUSTRATED. ON SUNDAY I AM GOING TO GO ON ATKINS INDUCTION FOR 2 WEEKS. I KNOW I LOSE WEIGHT ON THAT.
ANYWAY. FRIDAY
B-COFFEE W/CREAM
L-MUSHROOM CHEESE OMELETTE, GRILLED VEGGIES
DINNER-SALAD, CHEESE CALZONE, MORE SALAD

THEN I HAD 1 SMALL PEPPERMINT PATTIE(LAST ONE), 2 FIG NEWTONS, SOME CHOCOLATE CHIPS.
NONE OF WHICH I SHOULD HAVE HAD PROBABLY. I MAYBE COULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH 1 THING. NOT ALL 3.
I'LL STILL COME CHECK IN HERE WITH YOU GUYS ON THE ATKINS.
I THINK CAD MAY BE GOOD FOR ME FOR MAINTAINING. I HAVE NOT LOST ANYTHING. NOW TONIGHT I'M HAVING A SURPRISE PARTY FOR MY MOTHER'S BIRTHDAY. I'LL TRY MY BEST TO STAY WITHIN THE R.M. HOUR. TOMORROW I SAY GOODBYE TO CARBS FOR AWHILE. HOPEFULLY, I 'LL HAVE SOME SUCCESS.

I WORKED OUT EVERY DAY THIS WEEK AND DRANK ALL THE WATER.

AMYJEAN-STOP GETTING SO DOWN ON YOURSELF. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. BUT WE CAN DO THIS.

ARNIE- WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE CLUB.
I THINK YOU MAY HAVE HAD TOO MANY CARBS FOR DINNER. I WOULD SAY THE PIZZA WOULD BE 1/3 YOUR SHARE OF PROTEIN AND CARB. YOU NEED A LOW CARB VEGETABLE OR MORE SALAD TOO.
I THINK RED PEPPPERS ARE NOT A LOW CARB VEGGIE SO YOU SHOULD SAVE THEM FOR REWARD MEAL. I BELIEVE THE GREEN ARE LOW.

HOPE I CAN HELP.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. FEEL FREE TO COME TO NEW YORK AND WEIGH IN ON MY NEW SCALE. LOL!
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 09:31

BF:
Default Confession

Gotta admit guys and gals, I'm looking STRONGLY into Protein Power. I'm not having much luck here with CALP and I've been pretty darn strict with it. Scales are AWOL and will be for a few months. PP has a Bootcamp on their site and I'm going for it. Any pros or cons I should be warned about? Opinions fellow LCers?
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 10:06

Plan: Heller(CALP)
Stats: 230/222/140
BF:
Default WOW

What an interesting thread! I want to say to CRIS...please try not to be so hard on yourself!! How did you CALP'ers do on the quiz given in the book? Having been a former die-hard CALP follower and then fallen "offdawagon" for more than a year, I want to tell you this...IF you are in fact a "carb-addict", a person with hyperinsulemia, this program will work for you if you follow it. When I have had people come to me and say, "This really isn't working for me" I always go back over their quiz with them and find out that they really aren't hyperinsulemic and are using the program for weight loss and not to correct their imbalance. (Mostly because they didn't have one to correct.) Think about this. I am a severe carb addict. My hyperinsulemia actually makes me physically sick. Have often thought I was going to die. I know this program is what I need to be well. The weight is a symptom...it will take care of itself when I take care of myself. IF YOU'RE NOT HYPERINSULEMIC, YOU MOST LIKELY WILL NOT LOSE WEIGHT ON THIS PROGRAM! Now on to less serious matters....Cris, the scale thing made me laugh. Rule #1 : Have one scale and one scale only throughout the entire process of losing weight. Go by that scale. It is actually telling you how many pounds you have lost! I would NEVER get on a different scale. Until mine kills itself after all the abuse! You ladies sound like a great bunch of folks. Good luck to all of you and see you around the forums!!!

#74   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 11:25

BF:
Default THANKS DIANE

THANKS DIANE.
I DID ANSWER YES TO MANY OF THE QUESTIONS IN THAT QUIZ, BUT I'VE NEVER BEEN PHYSICALLY ILL FROM IT BEFORE. I'M GOING TO TRY ATKINS I THINK FOR 2 WEEKS AT LEAST. I LOST AT LEAST 5 POUNDS ON INDUCTION. MAY GIVE ME A JUMP START.

***BUT I GOT ON THE NEW SCALE AND IT FINALLY WENT DOWN. THANK GOD. ALMOST A POUND. AT LEAST IT'S SOMETHING.

BASpider- GO TO THE PP PART OF THE FORUM. GET SOME IDEAS.

SEE YOU GUYS! GOOD LUCK TO ALL.
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 13:59

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Arnie

It looks like you're off to a great start! I think I would try and pick either the pizza or the desert, but not both. Also add at least one more veggie to your dinner along with your salad. That will help fill you up!

Also, you should be drinking at least 3 litres of water a day plus another 8 oz. for every 25 lbs. you want to lose. I was at a stand still until I started getting all my water in and I started feeling the difference in my size!

Keep posting here! You'll get ideas and so will we!!

Lisa