Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-10, 20:14

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

he seems very disciplined...packing those nuts in 1 oz servings. he did say he could have one to two servings daily.
seems like he hasn't completely given up anything, except the things on the no no list which would not be a big deal. there's still fat for instance just maybe not all the animal variety.
i was surprised to not see dark chocolate since that is on everyone's list of healthy foods.
also, pasta once a week. that is big!!

oh, yeah....that smoothie is right out of my vegetarian past. they are still my mainstay but made w a base of cottage cheese and cultured milk.

his one minute eggplant is a good idea for sure. but that's another vid.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-10, 21:00

oh, and about that food list; the 3x/wk is 'at least 3x/wk'.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-10, 21:56

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 500/408/300 Male 73 inches
BF:toodamnmuch
Progress: 46%

I've watched AB for years and he had a bad scare I believe with that mole on the side of his face. He had a biopsy done,Im pretty sure it was benign, but I watched Good Eats the other nite and it looks like he's following the Holistic WOE,hes maxing out Omega 3's and niacin,bioflavonoids,whole grains,antioxidants..There's a "cancer"diet you can look up if you like that claims if you follow their recommendations it will reduce your chance of getting it or keep you in remission...some claim they have been "cured "by this WOE.Now for Alton it will be easier for him to stay on plan than most because he "gets it"as far as the science behind his plan and he has the $$ to afford the fresh fatty fish and premium nuts and vegetables ..but this is still such a limited menu its gonna be really difficult to maintain..I wish him the best
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Jan-06-10, 08:44

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Thanks for the help, everyone. Someone did put the lists in a comment on his fan page.

I thought it was hysterical that a doctor grabbed his face and said he should have that mole looked at during the show! That's what I say every time I see him! He needs to get rid of it, benign or not.

His plan is pretty reasonable; I question the 1x per week dessert and pasta and whole grains daily (!) since some of us can't have those without igniting a firestorm of cravings. But in reality, that's what I would like to do. I don't know if I'll ever be able to control my relationship with food to that extent.
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Jan-06-10, 10:10

i think there must me other foods that are just not on the list. like chicken. and nowhere does it sat that he doesn't eat tomato products.
the lists are things he MUST eat (or not) but nowhere does it say that other basic foods things cannot be eaten.

and yes he does make reference to switching to a high nutrient plan.

there was a time in my life that i was very disciplined. very similar to this. then i became a vegetarian and, wow, talk about obsessive...and compulsive which ultimately led me down a road no one would want to travel.
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Jan-08-10, 09:03

Plan: HCG
Stats: 28/22/16 Female 72 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 50%

I saw this one, too. He has a soy-fruit smoothie every day, and one of his meals is sardines/avocados on a piece of toast. For an entire meal. That's like 250 calories. He just starved it off.

His list of food musts is to balance out his very conventional nutrition intake, I'm sure.

I like Alton (who doesn't) and I wish him the best, but I wonder how long you can be an unabashed foodie, working with food every day, and stay on such a restricted diet? It must be quite tempting.

His is the only show I watch on the food network anymore. What happened to the channel?!