Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-08, 23:58

Plan: ketogenic
Stats: 165/150/135 Male 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default ????

once i reach my target weight would it be bad at all if instead of a carb up day every 2 weeks i have a cheat day once a week not a clean cheat btw i mean like just going n uts will that affect me snapping back into ketosis at all or would it be ok??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 01:14
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Yes, it will take you out of ketosis. But my understanding is that lc, when lc is done correctly, a person will no longer be in ketosis when they reach maintenance. The problem with cheating, whether you do it now or later, is that you leave yourself open to the danger of falling off plan completely and regaining all the weight you've lost. A person can yo-yo diet on lc, just like they can on any other type of diet. It isn't healthy to yo-yo diet, no matter how you go about losing the weight you regain. JMO.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 06:46

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

That also kicks in cravings too!!!

I've been back and forth with Atkins since 2003 and when I fall I fall hard. Its one thing to go out to dinner and have a meal but to do a total blow out carb fest could hinder you from getting back like Kisal said you leave yourself open to danger.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 08:07

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

if any of us are going to be truly successful at low-carbing, then it needs to be made a way of life. kisal is right that in maintenance, you're no longer in ketosis but have reached an equilibrium between fat burning and dietary intake. you'll probably find out that "going nuts" once a week will cause more problems than it's worth.

this is really something you'll have to determine on your own, when you get to that point. it almost sounds like you're asking our permission to go off-plan, and that's not ours to give. whether or not you stay on plan is completely and totally up to you, and up to your body as to how well it tolerates a weekly carb-fest. if you can do it, fine. but if not, then you'll need to recognize that and get back on plan as best you can.

good luck, whatever you decide to do .