Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#3046   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-19, 16:35

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Sitting here enjoying my dinner after a 8 hour shift of HOLIDAY pay! YES PLEASE!
THE lead nurse ask me if I wanted to work New Years Day- YES PLEASE!!!! Nothing happened today- there was 3 of us on covering the entire hospital. Nothing moving or shaking today. Tomorrow might be slow too! Everyone including most of the doctors are off! The interns got stuck rounding!

I know you all are enjoying your family time!!!!
I have my Jammies on- relaxing with my Bella and going to pop in a movie and get some good sleep! It was a nice day to get to know my co-workers. Nice to chit chat- I really enjoyed it!

Funny story- there is a gal I work with. # of us were crammed in this small office. So small you fart they hear you. Anyway- I work with a gal named Holly! LOVE LOVE that name. Except she HATES Christmas. She slammed down the phone after about the 6 call and promptly stated :If I have to say Merry Christmas one more time I am going to scream"...........
So without missing a beat...... I said and WHO NAMED YOU HOLLY?!?!?!?!?!- we all cracked up over that. I wished her a MERRY CHRISTMAS as I left and she burst out laughing.

Eating Prime rib. Oh yea I said PRIME rib. Been years since I had it. They were seeing Ham, OR prime rib. So hey- YES! It is melt in your mouth delish! I got a plate to go.
The green beans came with it- I passed on the potatoes. Got some for dinner. Only 7 bucks for a nice size portion.- Passed on the dinner roll and cake. It was wonderful and I am STUFFED=-
When I said I didm't want all the carbs sides they gave me more prime rib. I must have been drooling.

Wonderful!

Nite- off to watch a sappy Hallmark moving. After that- this holiday is put to bed!
Sponsored Links
  #3047   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 04:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori....today you hit the road and come home. Sounds like a nice holiday for you!! waiting for you to check in and report more!

Nicco….I know you had a blast with your company and family. Waiting on your report later also LOL

Blue....I know your report will be fun to read~!!

Jaz....very funny about the Holly being a grinch HAHA Girl, easy money. Easy big triple holiday pay money is even better LOL I am glad it is settled and you will just work as they need ya, do whatever, pull good money. You got good learning thru this first gig!

Melt in your mouth prime rib....oh hell yea Sounds delish. Glad you got a great meal for yourself!!

hey all
Christmas was nice. All presents loved by kid. Big shocker was her Doc Marten boots. Got an actual REAL smile and surprise look from her. It was magical cause at her age now she doesn't give much out

So happy the holiday is over. SO SICK OF FOOD I COULD SCREAM BLOODY MURDER. I ain't joking on that at all. I am so glad today is 'scrap day' and everyone fends for themselves and eats whatever. Yea real tough, there is so much leftover good food in the fridge, I am itching to throw it all out now tho HAHA I want my fridge back. It is crammed with Tupperware....ugh, I hate that

Taking down outside lights tomorrow. Leave monday for New Years trip to Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle to see fireworks on the boardwalk and goof off for a day. fast trip but I want my fridge empty, outside lights gone and most of the inside house crap put away before we leave. OH YES when the holiday is over, it is OVER for me LOL

Then I guess I watch the long cold winter days I have before me and it will drive me bonkers waiting for early early spring.

I hit the bed at 9 last night. I had 2 drinks, my sugar free fruit punch crap powder stuff with rum. With the drinks from 2 days of a bit of boozing my tummy went on fire. I had to eat 2 tums to survive and that almost didn't help me one bit! ugh. feel great this morning. done with drinks for sure right now. I can't handle it like old days, eating zero carb means I just can barely tolerate booze now. Oh well, whatever

So will take mom home today. She is holiday'ed out also. ready to go home and relax.

So all good here and hoping everyone enjoyed the holiday in fine form!
  #3048   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 04:54

BF:

Good Morning! Day after- Christmas! Whew its over!
You know just about the time I get into a work flow and rested up it will be time to pull outta here to the next adventure!

NIC- How was your day? You do have somewhat of a Norman Rockwell thing going on! HAHAHAHAH- Eager to hear how your day went down.

Trig- So did the Pork Chops bro stop over for dinner? Did the kiddo love her gifts? I saw you ended up not having your crab legs. I have some too but haven't thawed them yet! I am not sure when I will do that. Is your mom still hanging out at your place?
Are you getting excited for your trip to the Hilton Head? Are you going to get any beach time?

Lori
are you home yet? Do you have plans for News Years eve? When is sis coming?
When do you start your part time position? You will be going back into your position you retired from. The good news- it is only 7-8 hours a week! Plus it gives you some pocket change. Do you get to set your hours? Is it one entire day? How with that work?

Blue- - Hey, did you get your lap top replaced? Goodness! I am hopeful you can pull out a deal! Now would be the time to buy!
How is your beading project going? Do you have any links or pics? I am so curious, especially since you are using jewelry in it!
-------------------------------------------------------
I went to bed so early last night. I was a tired puppy!!!!!-
I didn't do a lot yesterday work wise. But it was nice to hang out in the case management office and just get to know the other gals.

Hard to believe I have only been to the boardwalk and beach just once in almost 2 weeks!!!!!!- I am planning on going Saturday and walk the boardwalk again. I am just too tired after work to come back here, change clothes, walk the dog, fix dinner- it is dark out. I am pretty careful where I go after dark being single. I wouldn't mind going to a movie, or out to eat- but walking a beach in the dark is not really safe.
Although I will have to say- this area is VERY safe!!!- Nothing goes on here. Is is pretty desolate as well. I am not too concerned. I am ok walking Bella in the dark around the complex. Safer than some parts of Atlanta I have lived.

I need some new pants!!!!!I am very frustrated. I am so in between sizes. The bigger size falls off and the smaller size I can't zip up. Sighhhhhh........ So I was thinking, I like goals!
I have 12 weeks left here- almost 11 now- 2 months, 2 weeks left. That is enough time to build a goal around.

I would love to return home in that smaller size and 15 pounds lighter! I am setting it and going for it! I have a deadline and sometimes I think having a date, event, trip, can motivate us. So it would be very cool to use these trip and set goals for myself in them as well!!! WHY NOT! I am in a perfect place for walking, having steps daily, and moving more and seafood galore!

So I am pretty excited the holiday is over and the new year for me anyway has already started. I have done pretty well here sans one blip.
Yesterday's meal was pretty heavy. I like prime rib- but it was heavy!!! I sure slept good though after it!

Spent some phone time last night with my 2 gal pals in Atlanta. They are the gals I go out with monthly. It was awesome to hear from them on Christmas! Speaking of hearing from them. The 3 of us have a running text group. We stay in touch every other day or so- it is a running conversation. I love it.

Well gotta get dressed. I wonder if today will be just as slow. Typically the week between of Christmas and New Years is pretty quiet.

Have a great day all!
  #3049   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 04:56

BF:

PS- I am wondering when the moderator is going to close this thread and we start our 3nd one! It takes forever to post and load! It would be nice to have a fresh start, with the new year!
  #3050   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 05:07

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

So....it's all over. A good time was had by all and we survived. All the clothes & Ugg boots etc that I bought for the Grandsons actually fit and they liked them. Score! My daughter got me a lovely fringed wrap. It is a subtle animal print and so, so soft. I love just throwing it on instead of a coat. We've had fairly mild temperatures for the past couple days and the wrap is just perfect. I look forward to wearing it over the weekend when DSis and I are out running around. She will arrive tomorrow probably around Noon.

I am feeling the holiday bloat. I ate some snack type things and the rice & beans that DD made along with some fancy a$$ cupcakes that her friends picked up at a speciality bakery and brought over on Christmas Eve, OY! Chocolate with salted caramel filling..good grief. So good! I didn't eat mass quantities of anything, just stuff I don't normally eat. Scale is up a couple pounds from the sugar and starch...Ugh. I'm having a low eating day today and then the weekend will be more eating and drinking with Sis here. We're going out for ribs tomorrow night, Thai food on Saturday night and not sure about Sunday. She'll be leaving on Monday morning.

I have NY's eve to get thru and then it'll be back to normal. I'm going to get some shrimp and bologna & cheese, chips & salsa etc. We've invited one of DH's buddies to stop by as he's alone.
-----------
Jaz.....so glad you had a good day at work and got to know some of your coworkers. Woohoo....another big pay day on New Year's Day! Hope you enjoy the rest of your time at this gig.

So sweet that you Facetimed the Grands.....I bet they had an exciting Christmas. They are at the perfect age for the wonder & excitement.

Nic...thanks for sharing your family photo. Beautiful! I'm sure you had a fabulous day with all your kids home.

Trig....Did DH's brother stop by? Hope everything went well. There comes a time in life where it's best to try to forget past events that caused anger. In the end it's just not worth holding on to the hostility. Your food for the past few days sounds awesome. Great variety & yummy! Was DD happy with her Christmas gifts?

Blue....so glad to hear that DS is feeling better. Good advice to tell him to get to the ER at the first sign of a tight chest. Nothing to mess with!

Are you off to shop for a new laptop today? Is it possible to have the screen fixed? I don't suppose it is.

I was up around 5 this morning and now it's 6 and I hear DH stirring around. I had 1 hour of peace over a cup of coffee. Speaking of coffee.....time for another cuppa.

On to 2020......here we go!
  #3051   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 17:26

BF:

Lori- Yeah girl I hear ya on - it's over and ready to move on!!!! What are you and sis going to be doing??????????
When do you start your new job?

Trig- GUESS what momma- TEENAGER!!!!!!!- HAHAHAHAHAH- Your post was so frekin funny. Glad at least something got a huge smile! HAHAHAH
Are you ready for Hilton head- when are you leaving?

BLUE/ NIC
- HELLO!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------

It's evening and I just sucked the last bit of crispy off my fingers from 1/2 pork ribs! My fish that had been waiting to be cooked went bad as I didn't get to it quick enough. So I stopped to pick up water and passed the warm deli and saw ribs- no sauce! Yea no sauce! I RARELY buy ribs as most places put junk sugar on them! these were so so..... filled the need for dinner. I am full, finished them off with a few crunchy pork rinds- lime.

Tired tired today. Today was super busy and good. I am beginning to get the politics of this place. I am staying above the fray. But the way they do case management is jaw dropping. They allow patients to sit in the hospital as long as they want if they are going to a skilled nursing home or rehab, if there isn't the one they want. They could wait days and days and days for an open bed when they are medically stable to be discharged.
So I was ask to go discharge this lady- never mind she was 100 years old. But she didn't like where she was going. She has been sitting in the hospital when she was ready to leave Monday- MONDAY.
So I went up to her room and told her she had a facility that would take her today.
She told me thank you but no thank you I don't like that one. So I said, well...... miss "smith"- you can stay and pay a daily rate here, because according to Medicare guidelines you will be responsible for any charge after you are deemed stable to leave. OR you can go to this accepting facility. Which would you like to do???? Flat out....she would be stuck with a huge bill and nobody told her that. She was transferred 3 hours later.

Nobody tells people they could truly rack up thousands of dollars because once they are stable they HAVE to discharge and Medicare will deny the stay after that. They just let them sit there. Nope- I had this lady out in hours.
The manager was impressed. But I ask her..... Tell me if I am over stepping how you all do things, but from where I come if you are stable you discharge. Period. This ain't the Hilton people!!!! She ask me if I would be interested in applying for the director position there. NOPE NOPE and NOPE!

Not much to add......... Today went fast was busy. I'm good with that. - not much happening! I am hoping I get paid. I am a bit concerned that I don't have anything "pending to drop for tomorrow!
That will so not go over with me if I have to wait a week. I will raise hello- if I don't get paid. I have 2 portages to do Friday and HAVE to have my pay check!
I am not going to have crap late because they couldn't get it together. I am wondering because I went on their home page to see my check to be deposited and it said there wasn't one. I am not going to panic until tomorrow.
  #3052   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 17:28

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Sounds like everyone had a nice Xmas. So did we, although never quite magic for me when son isn't here. But we had a lovely Xmas Eve dinner, and a rollicking Xmas day at my brother's. All my nieces and nephews and their mates were home, plus my grand neices, two little darlin's. Plus my SIL's side of the family, who we like very much were all there too. It was a lot of fun.

Then, since it was a brunch, we were home by 4. Took a little nap, then we watched Hulu's production of "A Christmas Carol" which was darker than the usual ones, but VERY well done and intriguing---don't think I'd have watched yet another version of it, but the trailer really lured us in and we really enjoyed it. So cozy and a great way to end the holiday.

Short one tonight, as OMG, we have a dinner party to go to in about 5 minutes. The parties have been crazy this year. All packed into one month, and then along comes big old boring January. Good news is it's some pals of ours in the building, can't beat the commute.

Have that "between xmas and New Year's" feeling---always comfortingly the same. Sort of like the world actually stops for a bit and waits for the new year.

Back tomorrow w/personals and some thoughts on the woe.
  #3053   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-19, 04:00

BF:

Good Morning!

Ok....let's see. What day is it?? This holiday in the middle of the week has me all screwed up! Yesterday felt like Monday to me.

I talked to DSis last night. She had a wonderful spa day with her daughter. I'm so glad. She said her daughter was in an unusually good mood and they talked and relaxed and had fun. Sis will hit the road around 9 this morning and get here just before Noon. We may hit our little downtown for a cappuccino and a walk about this afternoon. I was thinking we'd do that tomorrow, but Penn State plays in their bowl game tomorrow afternoon and we'll probably watch that instead. I'd have no problem missing it, but she likes to watch.

Tonight we're going out for ribs. Not sure if I'll have ribs, but DH & Sis love them. Tomorrow night DH goes to a birthday party for a friend and Sis and I are going out for Thai food. Food, food, food.....sigh.

One of you asked about my new job....no details so far. The director has to let the contract worker who was doing the job go....I think she has to give her 20 days notice or something. She'll let me know when things are set. I'll be able to work basically whatever days I want, but only for a set number of hours a week....around 10. At the beginning it'll be a little overwhelming to get things organized, set up and learn the programs, but once I'm up and rolling, it won't take me long each week to do what has to be done. The staff gets paid every 2 weeks, so I will have to be on a bit of a schedule those weeks to get payroll done and to the bank. Other than that, I'll be doing accounts payable and will get on a schedule for that too. I'll probably split the hours over 2-3 days a week. It'll just put a little extra green in my pocket, which isn't a bad thing.

Speaking of that Jaz....sure hope you get paid today! If not, I know you'll be on the phone getting it straight.

Blue...hope your dinner party was fun. Love that you didn't even have to go outside to get there!

Trig....can't wait to hear all about your Broadway at the Beach trip. That sounds like so much fun. Is this the trip where DD gets her own hotel room? Is she taking a friend along? Is the weather looking good for your time there?

Nic.....are you and your family still in party mode? I say let it roll right thru New Years!

I guess I'll have another cup of coffee and get myself awake. I should go out for a run this morning...we'll see. I'm really having a down week as far as working out goes. Whatever, not going to beat myself up about it.....I'll get back in the groove next week. Sometimes a bit of a break does a body good.

Happy Friday!
  #3054   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-19, 05:31

BF:

Good PAYDAY FRIDAY!!!!!!!

I WAS on the phone at 5:30 this morning. They have a 24/7 customer service number. I was about to call the agency, but I went in and saw they did their part and paid me. But It was not in my checking account. So WHERE was it? It will post by 8 am. They do it manually???? WTF???
Anyway- first $$ since Oct. - not draining my saving!!!!! - I looked at my paycheck and was happy. This will work!!!! Add some holiday pay as well for the next two checks and I can start putting money away again! Oh HAPPY DAY!

Lori- HAHAHAH see above! Have a great time with your sister today! How long is she staying? I know you will have a great time!

Blue- still partying huh?!?!?! You animal!!!!! HAHAHA- Cool though no driving! That is my type of party!
I love what you said about the week between Christmas and New Years Day- the world takes a pause and waits!!! That really struck me! I love it.
I get the fact you wanted to hang with your son! I was slated to hang with mine too, until I took this gig! He WAS going to stay with me a few days. But this momma had to work! I feel ya! Yes Ma'am!

Trig- I am on it- see prior post! I know you are holding your loses!!! That is enough through the holiday.
Are you getting ready to head out for Hilton head. What play is it you are seeing again?
I know you will have a great time! YEA!!!!!

NIC- Post when you can! I know you are having a blast!!!! I can tell by the beautiful smiles in your pics!
------------------------------------------------------------
I had my ribs and vinegar slaw last night. Got cozy in pajamas with the puppy curled against my legs and fell asleep on the couch watching. Got up about 11 and put my butt to bed!

I thought about going out tonight but will take a pass. I am tired. I have salmon ready to cook. I thawed some fresh and need to use it.
I also have some fresh ground beef to use- maybe a "cheese burger" no bun. I need to remember to pick up pickles!
I have eggs and bacon, and tuna waiting. All good to go.

Anyway- I gotta run! 8 hours and I am done for a couple days! I love my time off.
Although I will have to say- yesterday was a good day. This case management dept desperately needs a director and direction. I feel sorry for them. They don't have one. I saw there ad on Indeed. I went in and checked it out. I am more than qualified if I wanted to apply.
I KNOW I could really help- I just don't think I want to. I want to put in my time and check out another area. I love having options.

Ok- Have a great day all!!!!!
  #3055   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-19, 09:18

BF:

Jaz so cool on a big paycheck and the next larger. hot damn on that!!

wow, see, they love you already. you could take that job and be in fine form to help them but I get you big time. new first time travel nurse, you got TONS of options! See how this is going well for you. Your time is your time to work and not work gigs as you see fit. I think you are in fine form girl!!

ribs sound delish and you found plain. yea they are usually sauced beyond with sugar. nice you fit a place that offers that. I have to watch the meat and fresh seafood I buy. I think I can eat it all and then I get caught not hungry and might lose some of it and that drives me nuts. One time I defrosted 4 ribeyes and just couldn't eat that last one within time and hubby was off hunting so I couldn't feed it to him and I ended up throwing it out cause it went past. It sank my heart to do that. Now I watch how much is fresh and make sure I want it so it don't hit the trash bin LOL

We are doing Myrtle Beach, not Hilton. Doing Broadway at the Beach. Got a hotel within a 3 min. drive to it LOL so close it is stupid. we could walk if wanted. Just leaving Monday, get there, relax, party all Tues til midnight new years when they shoot off the fireworks and eat out etc...home on Wed morn. Fast trip!

Lori sounds like a great time with your Sis. All planned out but I so get ya with it all around food....everything is all around food LOL will always be that way I think HAHA but heck you guys have fun! So worth it all and you do good with your food options so you are cool to go out and enjoy your time with your Sis.

Oh that job is a bit off. I thought it was start now. You got time to even decide if ya really want it but a little green in your pocket is always a good thing!!

Yea kiddo gets her own hotel room. She had it wiht her friend when we did Richmond trip. This time she is alone but it is pet friendly. It will be her and dog in her own room, right next to ours. She wants it and we kinda don't want her anymore at this age with us LOL so it works well.

Plus she is a chicken. We tell her do not open the door for anyone at all. You call us on the phone if anyone is at your door. And she abides cause she is a chicken personality. She does as told on that stuff that could be scary and get her HAHA So we have no troubles on it plus I call her constantly or walk over and knock and say open up, its mom checking on her...so it works out well!

HI NICCO!!!

Blue, your time thru the holiday sounds wonderful. Good family and good fun. Can't ask for more!! We all survived thru it and you got another party 'in house'. I gotta say I bet you love that. No driving, cold outside, just walk to the party, drink up, no DUI possibility HAHA and you go home in a flash. Darn that sounds fab!!!

So kid's Doc Martens don't fit. ugh. they open back Monday and I will return and get next size down.

other than that not one return. I new buying Martens online was iffy....darn it, called it wrong, but happy only one return. Other than that Xmas is sure as hell done here for us! And happy of it LOL but a great time had by all.

New Years trip is a flash. fast and furious, say happy new year and done.

I want it all quiet and done. Relax a bit and not have anything on the schedule. I need it. I want and require it. I must have it I used to juggle a gazillion things at once and happily did it, now I want not even 1 thing I have to deal with wow I changed a lot HAHA

scale says no gain, no loss. holding the same. I am down a total of 24.2.
Ok, will be interesting to see if I can keep it going down. I have stopped my morning 'walk away the lbs'....yea my commitment lasted all of like 8 days HAHA you know it felt good but it doesn't hold me enough to keep it up. Should I re-commit? hell, after the new year I will consider it

Blue is right, this lag time is just that. Like we wait for that new year and just drift thru this time waiting. I get it. My mind is like that right now.

all good tho…hope everyone has a great day!!
  #3056   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-19, 09:42

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Quick hello here from Peter Pan, and by that I mean the bus line! Passed Jaz and passing Lori on the way to NYC. Hubs and I are headed up for a day trip. Caught the 8 AM bus and we should be there by 11:30. We are going to see the matinee of the musical Waitress before it closes on January 5th. We are also going to see the tree at Rockefeller Plaza and the department store Christmas Windows. It’s cloudy but not cold so that’s good.

Blue, glad you have had so many fun things to do. It would be nice if some folks would do a bash during January or February when things are cold and a bit blue. I’m sure you are glad to have a fun trip to look forward to!

Is your son well again?

Trigger I know you are leaving soon. I definitely prefer my older kids having their own space as well. Works well for all concerned!

Amazing that you are almost 25 pounds down. Well done!

Lori, I know you are happily working out and waiting for your new job to start. I still think it sounds perfect for you.

Jaz, super glad the paycheck is coming through for you. Definitely seems as though this should work out just fine for you financially. Also seems as though it is far less stressful for you too, especially as compared to the other job you had.

Ok so I’m typing this on an iPad set on a teeny weeny tray not even as big as try Ipad itself so I'll sign off for now. Xoxoxo
  #3057   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-19, 18:49

BF:

OMG- quickie in to say I will do personals and am loving how engage you are are so busy!!!!!!!!

All good here- nite in and in jammies! - great night ladies
  #3058   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-19, 19:30

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---Your New Year's trip sounds totally fun to me. A night or two at a hotel, a fun restaurant, show, shop around/goof around a bit. W/working less these days I have found I gotta find reasons to get out and about so I can be glad to get back home.

Wow, total of 24 pounds! That is so freaking awesome!

Nic---A day trip to NYC! that would be so my cup of tea. Particularly looking at the holiday windows, just walking around some of my fave areas and finding a great little restaurant you just walk into and it's great, as so many places in the city are from the diners on up. Had a friend who lived on the upper west side for years and years and I used to visit often. Really miss that. You're so lucky to be so close and have such easy ways to get in and out.

And what a fun thing to do just you and hubby after all those group activities. Cozy. Look forward to hearing about it and living vicariously.

Lori---Like I said, it's that kind of in-between week where it's just hard to get in any kind of groove other than exactly what happens to sound good at the moment. And I agree, taking a bit of time off the exercise routine can be a good thing. Our bodies seem to come back refreshed and ready for action. Although not so much when you take months/years off your routine, LOL.

Jaz---Yay paycheck! And you still have most of your savings, which is really great to hear. The more you add to it, the longer you can take between gigs. The more I see how this lifestyle could roll out for you, the better and better it seems. Change of scenery as a lifestyle, makes your money, and then back to home base---your dollhouse--- for a couple of weeks of R an R. It would be really sweet if you can afford to keep your home base, just adds a whole other option layer. I think it would be hard to travel from one destination to another w/out that break.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok gals, have y'all ever seen or heard of an upside down Xmas tree?!

So last night was dinner at our pal's place, then we all trooped down a floor to another guest's apartment for dessert. Her place is spectacular, full of art and interesting things. But the thing that dropped my jaw when I walked in was seeing her upside down Xmas tree.

It sits on its point in its holder, then fans up to its wider "bottom" assuming the shape of an ice cream cone. This thing was like, 8 ft. tall lit to the 9s and the ornaments hung so beautifully off it because they all hang in the air when upside down, complete w/Angel on bottom, er top. It was an Alice in Wonderland kind of thing. And I thought to myself, how great is it at my age to see something you've never seen or even heard of.

Anyway gals, I am in super lazy form. Like Trig said, I don't want to do one single thing. It's the "in-between" and I'm going to lounge it out, LOL!

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Dec-27-19 at 20:13.
  #3059   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-19, 06:09

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue...How did the dinner party go? Hope the food was yummy and that you had a good time. Yes.....I have heard of the upside down Christmas tree. One of my FB friends had one a couple years ago and posted pics of it. I'm not sure how it's done, but it's interesting to see.

Nic....Did you have fun in the Big City? What a great time of year to visit. How long does it take you to get there by bus? We are about 3 hours drive time from NYC, but by bus I think it takes a bit longer as they make stops along the way to pick up more people in the Poconos etc. What time did you get home?

Trig.....I bet you're itching to head to SC. That will be so much fun. Hope the weather is perfect.

Jaz....YAY for payday! Nice to have those extra $$ coming for the next couple weeks too. How does the weekend weather look? Hope you can walk the beach and enjoy the area on your couple days off.
-------
DSis got here a little before Noon yesterday. We went to a local coffee shop and had the best cappuccino....so creamy and made with excellent coffee. No bitterness or anything.....smooth. We may go back there today.

I'm going to take her out to see my gym(Rec Center) today. They have a little cafe there too, so we may have our coffee there. It depends how busy it is when we get there. There is an indoor field hockey tournament going on, so we may not even be able to find a place to park, let alone go in and be able to walk around. After that we're going to run some errands and then go check out some boutiques uptown. We're going out for Thai food tonight. Have no idea what I'll eat. I've only eaten Thai a few times in my life and don't remember what I like. Could be interesting.

I know the scale is up a couple pounds. I'll be having to deal with that mess next week. Sis will be leaving on Monday morning and then it's back to reality for me. I plan to have a DD on Monday and Wednesday. I'll be making pork & sauerkraut for dinner on Wednesday, but I can eat a pile of that without many calories....no worries.

Well, Sis should soon be getting up...it's after 7. I'm happy if she is sleeping well. I know it's hard when you're not in your own space.

Happy Saturday!
  #3060   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-19, 07:06

BF:

Nicco, how very cool you and DH hope a bus and go. Love it.
Hope your play is good. Waiting for your report when you return

Lori, cool you and your Sis are having a good time. Anything you guys do will be a fun day for ya'll. Too bad it is so Brrr outside. Warmer weather just makes for that better strolling around window shopping~

Thai. I rarely had it also. I can't remember if I did like any of it HAHA I don't gravitate toward that type of food. Let us know what you eat.

Blue, how very super cool. Upside down tree. I've seen one out as a display thing but never saw one in a person's home. Very interesting LOL Lounging out is a good thing. One can never go wrong doing just that HA

Hey Jaz, beat ya for posting today. Bet you are sleeping in

hey all
everything good here
have to put away inside decorations around. Will leave tree up a bit longer. The family gets mad if I ditch it all too fast HA

simple day here. Brrr still. ugh.

going thru my closet a bit. Ditching the world in clothes. If I didn't wear it any time soon it is gone. Will tackle that in strides. Little here and there and get it whittled down.

great day all
Closed Thread