Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 06:26

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 160/145/135 Female 164CM
BF:
Progress:
Default keto sticks aint changing colour

Have been on Atkins for a while yet ate every thing un atkins at Christmas resulting in me putting on 6lbs, have started induction again on Monday 3days ago and my keto sticks arent changing colour at all, im keeping to the 20g of carbs and this time around have even cut out decaf during the day and am drinling more water and already been twice to gym, i dont have time in the morning to eat as am soo lazy get up at the last possible moment and then its a mad rusht o get myself out to work does this really make any difference. Any ideas why ketosis not working, as im starting to panic, ps have also stopped smoking so am a bit on edge at moment
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 06:40
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

this time around on induction (3rd time stupid holidays) it took me longer to really get going in ketosis. The first 2 times it only took me 3 days, this time it took me 5, but once I got into ketosis my sticks are darker then they have ever been. Before I was lucky to get to small or moderate if I was lucky, when I checked yesterday and today I was moderate bordering on the next to the last one. Once I'm in ketosis I don't check everyday, if I'm in I stay in unless I cheat. I may check once a week once I know I'm in ketosis.

Wait a couple of more days, it may be your increased water consumption, or there maybe something in your diet that is holding you back. Are you using sugar sub? it doesn't seem to hinder my ketosis, but it does keep me from losing.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 08:19

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 160/145/135 Female 164CM
BF:
Progress:

thanks for replying so quickly, its good to hear that im not the only one that finds ketosis hard to get to 2nd or 3rd time around, as far as i know i havent had any sugar or supplements at all. like you i know i,ll cheat once a week yet mine will be a yummy glass of wine or 4 with my mates on a Saturday night rewinding after a hard week of work( who am I trying to kid, its more of an excuse for a wee bevie) yet you need to let your hair down sometimes too hard to be perfect all the time, good luck with your lcing
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 15:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/288.5/135 Female 5'6 and a half
BF:too ***#* much
Progress: 12%

I'll be honest it takes me six days to get into ketosis being perfect. And everytime I fall off its six more days. Yuo'll have to decide if your slip is worth it. Or instead plan something special say after you've been on for a month or two.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 19:58

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Everything you've ever wanted to know about ketosis, ketone test strips...