Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Sun, Nov-27-22, 08:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Lori you really hold off a long time on eating when you are getting up at 3 and 4 in the morning! Do you have coffee? Put anything in it? I don't eat until at least 10:30-11 typically and sometimes as late as 1, but I have coffee with cream and collagen powder, so it is not fasted time. I'd say with that in mind I go from something like 7 PM-8 AM bc I count the coffee.

So pretty quiet day on tap today. DS20 left to go back to college yesterday around 2 so all the kids are back where they belong. lol I enjoyed Hot Pot last night with DD and Niece18 and kept to my no-noodle plan. Something in it did bother my gut a bit last night as I definitely had some real bloat going on, and I also had some trouble sleeping. Feel fine today though.

Ravens play at 1, and I will be watching that while working on a couple of projects- uploading some pics for DD, creating the photo calendar for next year and getting that ordered and hopefully creating and ordering my Christmas cards as well.

Leftover soup for lunch and fish and salad for dinner is the menu plan of the day.

Have a good one!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Nov-27-22, 08:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

big big rain here.
can we say super nasty inside day HA

not in mood to post back to ya'll....will later.

I cut my post. personal but f'ing darn ya know

whatever

felt fab to vent it out but decided not a good forum to rant here

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sun, Nov-27-22 at 09:46.
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Nov-27-22, 11:01

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

I am working on my coffee and son is in the shower and will head out in hour or so. I hate to say it, I love him dearly but there is a reason I am single. I love my SPACE. I am ready to pack this boy up and have some peace.
He is a talker 24/7 and somewhat hyper. Always fidgeting. I think I sound old....... it just is annoying.

Nic
- I read what you said about bestie......... sigh......I know you are right. I need to put on some brakes there as she did not give me an end date, and said her apt will not be ready until Jan. 15th. and she was coming the 27th of Dec. What does that mean?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am glad you have your kiddos all back to their respective places and spaces. It sounds like you had a super time.

Yeah- the Hot Pot I know is very $$$$. I never thought about all the noodles. I also wonder about their "broth". I am so sensitive to MSG (brain toxin) some places put in their foods.
I wonder if the broth made gave you bubble guts? Glad that is over!

When are you headed back to DE?!?!?

Trig- - Goodness! I hear ya on the "Chop" and stuff not getting done. I remember though you were saying that he worked alot right after his mom started having issues. Having been married for 30 years I do know a thing or two about men.
First if they don't want to "deal", ya they avoid at all costs.
Second, I think he will hear you maybe if you put in writing expectations and timelines.

I did that, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. I dunno.... I hear ya and have had that frustration. I know for me, the bull dozer side of me did not work in getting anything done. I know you and the Chop will work it out, not concerned. However, I know how frustrating it can be to work crap out with a man, HENSE I'M SINGLE! Another idea could be to actually start planning those trips and start looking at possible places you two will want to settle. That way he "gets" the bigger picture. Just a thought.

Give that little old dog a pat from me. Tell him to hold on just a bit longer! Sweetie boy.

What's for dinner? Are you into You Tube? Some new and great stuff keeps rolling out about Carnivore and Science.

Lori- I would be dead tired if I got up at 3 or 4 how do you do that?!?!?!?!? I would be starving too!

Have you found a video you like yet? What does your upcoming week look like?
------------------------------------------------------------

I have maintained my low throughout the time of constantly "fixing" food for DS. He eats 3 squares and 3 snacks and carries around a jar of sunbutter with a spoon in it. Sorta gross. Anyway.......... He just left. (Yes, it has taken a minute for me to get this this out). I am always a bit sad to see him go, but happy he has a place and happy to get back to my routine. KWIM? I will say though the evening were so nice to chill with DS and watch movies and such and chat.

Running his bedding and towels in washer now and ready to drop a pot roast into the Ipot.

I seriously need to hit the ground at a full pace for the next 7 days. One week from today I will be headed northbound for Charleston. I have a LONGER list it seems to grow! This and that get added.
Next assignment will be easier as it will not involve a major move and a holiday and house guest jammed in-between it.

Today and tomorrow is seriously packing. I have only taken down the Christmas junk while DS was here. So now back to real life!

Rains moved out- blue skies and windy and 70. Supposed to be nice until Wed. then nice again.
I am meeting my DD on Tue to give her 2 boxes of kitchen pots and pans (newish) I never use. We are meeting half way and having coffee and that will be that. She had the stomach flu over TG.

Most likely will not see DD until March sometime. Life and she has a family now and all. They are still working like crazy to get this music gig off the ground. They hired someone to do it for them while they are gone for a month.

Ok I have been procrastinating long enough! Back at ya later! -

Totally on my WOE and feel AMAZING! - BTW- I have gone back to 1T ACV in sparkling water before bedtime...............
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Nov-27-22, 19:58

BF:

Packed all day- made a great dent in the progress. STUFF everywhere as is with every move!

I am feeling a bit bloated and not sure why. Today was a meal and a snack. Meal was hamburger with chili powder, salt, garlic, cracked an egg over.
Snack was a can of sardines with a dash of hot sauce. DONE....... not sure why feeling paunchy........... 100% on track.

I am TIRED! - going to get back up early and hit up the packing for most of day.
Then heading to my mom's for a quick dinner. I told her it will be an in and out as I am slammed. I provided the steak..... so I don't feel too guilty.

How was everyone's day? This year is FLYING BY!

Just signed the lease for my Apt in Charleston. It stated no other pets allowed. I don't know how to tell my BFF she can't come as she travels like me with her dog. Her pup is a BIG dog, a pointer. I feel so bad. But I really need this place and am not willing to lose it because I broke the agreement. They didn't even want to take Ruger but made an exception with a 125.00 pet carpet cleaning fee. No other dogs allowed.
How do I say that? urghhhhhhhh and urghhhhhhhhh

Off to watch some TV and chill with pup
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-22, 05:31

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I'm getting tired of these 4AM wake up calls! A couple more weeks of it. I'll be so glad when hunting season is over. I think I'll have an easier time with fasting when I can spend more time sleeping! I try to make it a minimum of 16 hours. Still trying to break myself from thinking about calories. Eating whatever sounds good(within reason) in my eating "window". I'm still mindful of carbs....most of the time. Not doing this for weight loss, but for body composition and health. Hoping to show more muscle definition by Spring and golf season. I've been doing Pahla B. videos a minimum of 5 days a week and want to keep it up all Winter.

I'm going to go to Aldi this afternoon and do a shop. Today is DH's 71st birthday and I have to find something to make for dinner. I've found some Italian sparkling mineral water at Aldi that I like. I only have black coffee and water during my fasting time. Having the mineral water helps fill me up(bubbles). No flavorings or anything. Giving this fasting thing a good try until the end of the year. I'm hoping I embrace it and make it my lifestyle along with LC. Reading the book "Fast, Feast, Repeat" as recommended by a YouTuber that I watch.

Ok, enough of that. I hope you all have a good day......Jaz....I know you're busy packing and sewing up details. You'll make it!
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-22, 07:37

BF:

fast post again guys

chat with the Chop was ok cause I pulled back LOL

out with chainsaw to take down all pines growing on fenceline. Buzz all trees growing near the 3 barns that have to go. walk all boundaries and pasture to chainsaw down all the crazy that we haven't addressed so big work day. good sun so that helps.

he ain't thrilled but f it. I mean we have TONS falling apart at this point. throw time/physical labor at it or sell and run. Sell and run is close, taking that option but at some point ya gotta put in the damn work.

Remember Fence Watch 2020? Not done. Only 1 side of the fence is painted, back side not done, well about a 1/4 and kiddo stopped and it is sad...just sad cause 'nothing at all is getting completed' to what it should be. NO ONE wants to do any of it

telling ya guys I am SO over farm work maintenance with this land to this level. I SO do not want any of it anymore and he doesn't either but we also know we gotta pony up and do it...bleck

back later to chat up....away the day goes. ugh
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-22, 08:58

BF:

Hey Fiends and Friends lol

Figured I'd leave the typo for giggles!

Lori I bet you *are* over those 4 AM wake up calls. That is just too early!
So you are doing true fasting. Good on ya!

I've stepped away from all that for now because I was having a hard enough time just cleaning my eating up from carbs and sugars. I needed to be as single focus as possible just to get some traction under my bald tires. lol

Trig I hear ya on needing to get some stuff done, even some basic stuff. We still have holes in our kitchen ceiling from having the new lighting put in. I think I'll call around for some estimates and see if we can get the house interior painted AND the drywall repaired all at once. It needs doing.

Jaz, your friend will just have to roll with it. I wonder if there is an Airbnb she can rent nearby for a week or something? Then. you all can have time and visit but you will also have some space to breathe. A week or two is a long time!

Glad your packing up is going well and I hope your dinner tonight with your mom goes well also.

•••

Everything is good here. I am so delighted because my routine is back in place today- DH is at work, all the kids are back to their respective lives and the house is my own again during the day. Hooray!!

I'm going to a do a little housecleaning which is overdue, take a walk early this afternoon, and just sort of bang around enjoying being alone.

For meals today pot roast soup, and then wings and salad. Done and done! I wrote a couple of things down for a snack which I may have, or maybe not. We'll see.

I'm undecided on going to DE this week or not. I will definitely be there next week for a decent chunk of time. We'll see how the week goes and take it from there.

THat's about it from here!
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-22, 10:27

BF:

Good Almost noon!

I can see that the time has just evaporated.

Lori-
I just can't fathom those 4 am wakeups and getting up! Goodness! Are you drinking coffee late? I stop at noon.
I love fasting and do it daily. I have an eating window and keep it for the most part 90% of the time. My "sweet spot" is between 2-4 to eat. For the most part that seems to work. Sometimes I want to nibble about 7- but I don't. I find if I eat too close to bedtime, I hold weight and don't sleep well.

I also heard that taking Magnesium before bed help people sleep. I have started taking a dose here and there.

YAY on hubby's BD! Have a great day!

Trig- You have a GREAT workday with brilliant sun! Hoping you get alot done. I SO GET OVER the land work! You know you get to a place it just doesn't work anymore. I was there years ago. I can't fathom all that grass, let alone all the barns, fencing ect...... I am wondering if you can also hire some help and get it done and then start looking for a smaller place.

By the time all that happens kiddo will be headed to collage. Time goes by so quick; it is around the corner for really! Next Chapter almost here!
I would also plot where you what to check out!
As much work as it is- it is to let it go and start fresh and new beginnings!
You got this!!!!!!!

NIC- goodness for you to leave in a typo is hysterical.
I know you are happy to have your space back and your routine!
Yum and Yum on pot roast soup!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Packing today! Quick run over to moms for a meal and back here to still pack.

Spent the morning pouring over insurance plans. I am getting cranky that I can't find one with "out of state benefits". God forbid I have a heart attack somewhere other than GA and need care.
It would not be covered on EVERY PLAN I have looked at.
I will keep up the search but decided to go pack up the kitchen. That always takes the longest.

WOE- 100% Bloaty gone. Not sure what that was about. Scale bouncing with new low and 2 pounds. So, before I "go there" it needs to be a solid drop.

Back later.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-22, 18:26

BF:

BACK-
Spent a few hours just searching for an insurance plan that will work for me!!!!
I need one that will be ok for out of network- but not easy to find with my options. I will be fine if I have heart failure in GA- god forbid I step out of GA! That is the issue.

Got 95 of kitchen and office packed up. HUGE dent. I will be ready come Sat.

Tomorrow early I will meet DD to dump her boxes of STUFF and have coffee and back here by 10.

Wed storms moving through.............

Stopped by my moms to drop off something for her closest. He husband answered the door. He stepped back and said- wow have you lost some weight. I was like ummmm you just saw me 3 weeks ago. He goes yeah, but you were in a baggy sweat shirt two times to big.
He is Archie Bunker and then some....... but hey I love the compliment, truly keeps me rocking it. Not to mention it just feels amazing.

I am dead tired. Moving boxes all around and all.

Meal was a filet mignon- it was a biggie too, med rare. It was heaven!!!!!! side: 2 deviled eggs. Done and yum.

Later- check in after I get back from seeing DD tomorrow.
Packing, kitchen is the worst. After that it just goes pretty fast.

Later ladies
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-22, 04:55

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- I bet you are up! Do you get tired during the day? You know here shortly I will be setting an alarm for the first time in a minute to get up at 5 am every day. I will need to be out the door at 7. Urghhhhhhhh

Today a chill day?

All- Waiting for you ladies to check in as I was last to post. I am so not going to get used to getting up at 5 am! URGHHH... I know most working people do though. There is something to be said for the work at home gig! I sure tried to get me one of those!

I just poured my cup of coffee and added a scoop of the collagen to it. I also add a splash of coconut milk for taste.
Read that Nic you think your coffee you make tosses you out of a fasting state.
See MAYBE technically it does but I see coffee if you do not add carbs to it as still a fasting drink. The collegan does have 70 calories and ZERO carbs, my slash has Zero carbs. So, MY theory is that unless it raises your blood glucose levels AND requires digestion (being key) that is when you break a fast.

Now if one added butter to the coffee I would say YES that is a break in ones fast as it needs broken down. But the way I drink coffee it just sorta sides down arounds the "edges" and doesn't need anything except "relieve" in an hour!
I could be totally wrong- but I don't see it as a break in my fasting.
Smoothies and eating would. Interesting topic...........

I am up at the butt crack of dawn to deliver boxes to my DD and meet her for coffee. I will be back around 10. Then I am going to get that emissions test as GA has the money grab before you can renew car tags.

WOE- I went to be hungry last night. I really was wanting "something". I figured I would wake up to a new low this morning but still holding my low. Thats ok- still at my low to date.
Waiting for another drop it is time. I am thinking at this point in the journey it is time to pick up some movement during the day. I am thinking of getting a Garmin watch to track my steps. I am curious how many steps I will put in at the hospital.

Ok ladies........... Last sip before shower!
Back later
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-22, 05:02

BF:

Good Morning!

Actually stayed in bed till the alarm went off at 4:45. I had been up at 3 with Gabby and then I zonked out. It starts my day off wrong to be startled awake by the alarm.....not a fan.

Not much on tap today. I'm getting my hair cut/colored at 1 and that's all that is on the agenda. Eating lite today as I went a bit overboard with DH's birthday pizza last night. Oops! I see lots of black coffee and plain sparkling water in my future.

I'll make something easy for him tonight for dinner and I'll have eggs or something easy.

Have good days!
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-22, 07:17

BF:

fast one but post later to catch up

dog off for vet appt at 9

I get up every day in the 4:30-5AM time. It is me. Farmer me. I thought by now I would have changed since farm done but nope. I am early person for sure.

OK gotta get moving and out the door sooner than later.

back to chat up all

be good
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-22, 08:41

BF:

Hey all!

So Jaz you haven't found an insurance yet, or you have? I was unclear.

Fasting- Since I use cream I am guessing I am not but I am okay with that. I am not worrying about fasting or weight or anything. I actually put my scale away and may get on it sometime in January. My sole focus right now is keeping to my eating plan and focusing on eating when hungry and stopping at enough. Keeping it simple and everything else will come in its own time.

I hope you enjoy seeing your DD!

Lori sounds like the pizza was yummy. You are good at self correcting and not letting it get away with you so I'm sure all is well.

Trig I hope you have a great day today. My natural wake time is between 6:30 and 7, sometimes a little earlier. I have an alarm set to 7:15 but I can't remember when I last had to use it.

All is well here. On the busier side today with a couple of errands, a couple of meetings and our financial advisor coming over tonight at 7. I think I am going to DE tomorrow but not fully decided yet. I can go or not!

Everyone have a great day!
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-22, 08:45

BF:

Alarm clock......the ONLY reason I had it set for 4:45 was because DH wanted to be up to go hunting......yes..this is what my life has come to.
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-22, 14:27

BF:

Lori- Does he like you to get with him, or you like (or choose) to get up with him? Or ?

I'm just curious. My ass doesn't get up for Rob to go to work but I'm just like that! lol
Closed Thread