Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-22, 17:13

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz.....It all sounds fabulous! To imagine that the Doggie Day Care lady lives next door and opened up a spot for Ruger!! How awesome is that?? I was picturing you on the beach today.....I knew that would be one of the first things on your agenda!

Let us know if you check out the light show at Murrel's Inlet.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-22, 18:04

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- DEF DEF DEF going to check out the lights there! It is close!

YOU KNOW I was on the beach! Did you all get the pics of the star fish???????
  #108   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-22, 20:01

BF:

No.......I didn't receive any pics. Hope you enjoy the light show!
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-22, 06:12

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I know I been a lump in chat lately LOL but kinda still brain dead here a bit. never experienced having to deal with kiddo and her 'brother' passing, her doggie brother. omg she is using the 'my dog is dying' excuse to do nothing. I said that ain't cool and then I get the 'how no compassion angle' ya know. Pick up ALL those clothes on the floor! My dog is dying. Take some of those drink bottles and food dishes out of your room into the sink and trash? My dog is dying. FINISH THE FRENCH assignments, the 1 ya skipped and did not do, my dog is dying but I did them all but one...tough do the last one in late NOW and I get, wow, you went there? You can't cut me slack on my dog is dying and I am like......son of a B on this one HAHA I laugh after but as it is going down she is 'quite serious' on it all ya know and I am trying to say thru life all kinds of insanity hit us and emotions can fly but one MUST continue and I get the 'omg you are going there now?' Like I am the bad guy and I ain't ya know ugh

but Bolt isn't put down yet. No vet cause he has rebounded. Full of energy, eating fine cause I am doing everything to make that happen, and I RE-ADJUSTED those heavy azz seizure meds to be lower dose and diff. times of day to have it in his blood stream all the time vs. how it was prescribed it be done and he is 'actually doing better' in that he is not a zombie in phenyobarbyl land right now and SO FAR so good til it ain't.

Me and kid chatted 'false hope' kinda scenarios but we both agree, as long as he can go before he 'goes off' for real ya know. We think he has more time cause he is showing us just that, but again, that false hope is sad in a way but also gives kiddo 'brain time to figure it' out when it does go down.

how long. no idea right now. but nurse maid Karen is his slave ata this point and working on him I seem to give him some rebound so will keep doing it til his body says no. onward we go.

birthday tomorrow. I said I want my car actually cleaned, no promise, actually DO IT this year when I ask, yea lets see if they do it? ugh. nothing else. don't care. hitting 61 and I figure I need to count backward in slience and not clebrate another yr of life......just leave it easy and quiet and let it pass but put all emphasis on 'being healthy wealthy and wise'....yea right HAHA

all ok but jumbled here.
when brain clears will chat up but reading along with ya'll.

rainy grey icky nasty days to come. doesn't help me one bit...bleck

be good all
  #110   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-22, 08:25

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig......Glad to hear that Bolt has bounced back a bit. All thanks to you taking such good care of him, no doubt. Hope you get your birthday wish of a clean car tomorrow!

Nic......What's happening? Are you back in DE or on your way? Fun times ahead for you.

Jaz.....How's your weather? Are you heading back for some beach time today? Did you try out the BBQ restaurant down the street yet?

--------

It is rainy and chilly this morning. I most likely will not set foot outside the house. We have plenty of food and no need to run around today. DH is out now to take care of Betty and run to the park where he works part time. He's not one to sit around all day like me. I hope I can get up enough gumption to do a workout later.

I got up late and am just now having my coffee....cup number two on tap now. Putting off eating for a bit. Scale staying the same....within my safe range.

Later!
  #111   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-22, 12:37

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey y'all!

Trig- I'm so glad Bolt is doing better right now. Love that for him and for you all. I had to laugh on what you wrote about your DD and your response to her. I can totally imagine all of that going down 100%. You're a good mom. You do the balance really well.

Lori- Yay for being in your safe zone! Surprised it is cold there. There is rain here today but nearly 60 (just arrived in DE.)

Jaz- I'm so glad things look good over there and I know exactly the feeling that came over you when you got to go on to the beach. It is such a zen place. The sound of the waves is pure meditation. I often find that while I intend to read, my mind often just empties and I am in a complete meditative zone. It is absolutely lovely.

••••••

All is well here. Drive to DE went smoothly- rainy but no issues and no real wind. I don't mind driving in the rain unless it is pouring down hard- better than the sun being in my eyes and moving the visor back and forth constantly.

I'm here for the next week. DH comes in tmrw evening and will be here until Sunday afternoon.

Meals are planned and no need to go to the store today. Maybe in a day or two but I have plenty to choose from and don't need a lot, you know?

Hugs all around!
  #112   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-22, 13:18

BF:

Good afternoon, Ladies!

OMG I am going to have to send these pics I thought you got. I just can't believe the absolute CHANGE in my ENTIRE LOOK ON LIFE. Give me 30 minutes walking a beach as the sun comes up, the water believe it or not is still warm and sun on my face. The smell of sea ocean salt and the wind blowing my hair to shreds. Life does not get better.

I spend all morning on 2 beaches today! More in a second! I feel neglectful!

Trig- OMG I am SO SO SO frekin happy for even a bit longer with the Bolster! I did laugh my a$$ of with the kiddo. Nope can't- DOG DYING. You know though I can get it. After Bella died I was a frekin ZOMBIE for months. I really don't remember much the first few weeks.
I was a true honest to goodness MESS. So ya- I would cut the kiddo slack on everything BUT FRENCH!!!!!!!!!! That has to happen. But dam none of this is easy.

Second- YOU girl got a birthday tomorrow!!!!!!!!! I will celebrate you today and tomorrow and the day after! Why the heck not!!!!!
For goodness sake go get some frekin crab legs for your birthday! LIVE it up with some delish ZC food! YES MA'AM

Nic- - You know having a beach literally minutes from your place would be enough for me to put a for sale sign in the MD house! Kidding! Not really. I have come to get I need the water, beach, sand and it all. I must have it. It is the breath of life to my soul. You got it too! It truly is a blessing to get that "Zen" feel the universe though your veins type of morning.

I know that your maybe a tad cooler up there than here, but a beach, and beach life, and salt air and I could do pages of Salt Life!

You know I don't "need much" to eat either. Ya get in a walk, or beach walk, and it just sorta kills the want for garbage food. It connects ya to be your best in every way!

Glad you are taking some time to chill. You have had a busy time the last few weeks!

Lori-
- Chilly weather. Sounds like a perfect jammie day! Make a nice hot pot of chili and chill!!!!!!! LOVE IT!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Ruger went to doggie day camp this morning. I just called and he is doing well and staff loves him. He will be a tired pup. He got to play with other puppies his age and size. You know this could SO work!

Explored 2 beaches today- Went back to Folly, and hit of Isle of Palms. Wow- miles and miles and miles of pristine sand, and water. I collected 2 BAGS of shells.
It is warm here and expected to hit 80 tomorrow and be stay warm though next week! YAY!

I will resend the pictures! - I am having a blast. I had to pinch myself last night. I was like AM I REALLY HERE?!?!?!? AM I REALLY minutes from the beach and minutes from downtown?
Am I really doing this????????? I REALLY like Folly Beach. It is different than St. Simon. But what I love about it is it has a city with a great healthcare system and a real city on the other side of the bridge. Everything is close and all the stores are close too! I have a feeling I am not going to want to leave.

St. Simon- does not have a city, and it does not have a close hospital. The closest is over an hour or more away in Jacksonville. You are screwed if you have a heart emergency. Charleston has it all. Nightlife, things to do, wildlife, music. It is a blend of everything one would want complete with multiple beaches and wildlife preserves.

Goodness- I am on cloud nine! (That will last until next Monday) LOLOLOLOLOL

I went to the docks this afternoon and got some shrimp from the boat and some fresh grouper. I am in heaven! There is a little shop on the other side of the bridge that sells fresh whatever was caught on the boat that day- are you kidding me!!!!!

Ok- Going to get upload these picks. I tossed 4 star fish back into the ocean this afternoon!
Oh last thing- I am going to treat myself this weekend and go to Martins Saturday when they have music- and get some BBQ!

Happy -
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-22, 06:14

BF:

Jazz the beachy area is showing you future life you stay in those areas. Plus when ya can think more permanent. Don't wanna be way older and renting ya know. Think roots down somewhere and live with roots vs. transient all the time ya know but ya got time since you are a young'in compared to me HAHA

So happy you got it working so well! Land on feet when dropped from high, we can dub ya 'second Gabby' on this one

Nicco, enjoy DE for sure. and I so can relate you 'don't need much' and isn't that truly the best place to be very calming I think

Lori, your DH is like mine. Move move which is good for us right but I can do like you. Sit. Relax. Not for long but I can do way less than hubby requires in his day easily. My sit relax alot of times is wandering the house picking up this or that, lightly dusting something but no 'big demanding' stuff ya know

-------------------Well dog 'seems fine' so far. I am in ????? land. According to vet he was actively dying and to be put down on Monday but damn if he ain't eating and 'seems' fine but it could be a bounce back? I am giving him 'time' and like in a few wks if he is not croaking on us I am taking him to a new vet. New blood with them. New xray and maybe an ultrasound too. No use putting big money into vet until I know he ain't gonna flip on me from what my vet said but if he ain't a disaster in 2 wks from now I will actively get new vet and 'see what is happening' ya know. OMG insanity.

all good. Happy birthday to me. Age 61. Just being. I did get my car cleaned. Windows so clear now love it. Got a small pointsetta plant I wanted for Xmas and a bag of sunflower seeds for my bird feeder out front. Done. I am to buy at the store today some cupcakes for 'them' and no cake etc. Don't want it.

All seems ok so far around here right now, this minute. I will live in this minute
  #114   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-22, 06:58

BF:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRIG!!!!!!

Glad you got your car cleaned and all the other things you wanted. We don't need much, do we? 61, huh? I'll be 63 in a couple months.....what???? Hard to believe, isn't it? We sure are lucky to have made it this far without health issues, you know? Let's enjoy every day! So glad Bolt is rebounding and doing well.

Jaz.....Loved your beach pics! In your happy place for sure. Was Ruger tired after his day at day care? So awesome that you got him in there.

Nic....What's happening in DE today?

----------

Another rainy, dreary day. At least it's not so cold this morning. Mid 40's. I have some errands to run later, but not in any great rush. I have all day. I have a turkey tenderloin to roast today. I'll make mashed potatoes for DH and some gravy. Easy. Working on clearing out the freezer and then I'll make a trip to the butcher shop and restock. I get so sick of thinking about food.

Over and out!
  #115   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-22, 08:30

BF:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TRIG, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Wishing you a wonderful day and I hope your family celebrates you well this evening.

Glad to hear that Bolt is doing well for the moment and like you said, living in the minute and being grateful for what is. Good on you.

Lori, glad it isn't so cold today. Rainy here but in the upper 50s early. Hopefully it will clear some this afternoon for us both.

Jaz makes my heart happy to hear how wonderful things are. It is nice that you have a week to really enjoy it all before the work starts and you are so busy during the day. Make the most of it!

••••••••••

All is well here. Took doggo out for a stroll this morning before the rain really gets going. Gray but a good day to have the tree lit and get cozy. Blessed that I have a safe dry place to do that in!

Got GREAT news from DS24 last night- he got news from another law school and this is HUGE- he got accepted to GEORGETOWN LAW! So far he has heard from four schools and has gotten 2 full tuition offers, and two offers of acceptance from Top 14 law schools. Really just so happy for him and so glad that he is seeing the fruits of his extremely focused and hard work over the past several years.

Planning a fairly quiet day today, another dog walk and just chilling, doing some reading, doing some learning and just being happy to be alive!
  #116   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-22, 10:43

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPT BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! TRIG

I Certainly also hope you have a wonderful day!!!!!!!

I too think that "living in the moment" and for today is the way to go. We can worry about stuff and half of it never comes to pass.
I am happy to hear that little Bolt is holding his own. I guess we are in a wait and see and enjoy him for everyday you get!

I sure hope you are eating CRAB LEGS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Lori- sorry you hear you are dodging rain drops! Better though than snow!

I tell ya I am not one to "think about food" all the time either. I eat so simple. You do alot more cooking I think for hubby and Betty than I do!

Are you doing your videos?

Nic- Bummer you too are in the rain muck!
I was SO SO SO happy to hear all those offers from schools for your DS! That is incredible. I know you are so proud!

Enjoy your day in DE!
---------------------------------------------------------

I went to beach right after I dropped off Ruger and it was high tide so I didn't get a long walk in. I will go back at low tide at 130. It is freaking HOT here. It is going to tip 80 and full sun hot!

I need a beach chair- I had no room to pack one- so I will spring for one and keep it in the trunk!

I will hit up the beach again for a walk! I just LOVE getting in my walks again beach side!

I have requests in for my work- I am having issues accessing the payroll software, and I do not know their process for submitting time sheets.

Second- I did a trial run to get to work. It is BLOCKS of building that is considered MUSC?!?!?!?!I have not a clue where I am going or where to even park. They are dropping the ball here a bit. So that needs cleared up.

ALSO I have an interview for a perm position, remote and pays more. It was an application I put in a month ago and just assumed I was out?!?!?!- Yeah I will do the interview. That is going to happen tomorrow.

OK- BEACH CALLING- I MUST ANSWER!
  #117   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-22, 17:35

BF:

urghhhhh- found another situation for Ruger- the first didn't work out. saving that story for tomorrow!

Hit 79 today- full sun- was out all day! I am TIRED!

Later
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-22, 04:20

BF:

thanks for bday wishes everyone day was good, glad it is over. I don't want focus on me, ya know

Lori, I always second your getting so sick of dealing with food! I wonder how many years of our life has been in grocery stores HA alot I bet when ya add it up! I sure agree we are lucky getting there olders! So much can be wrong ya know, we all are very fortunate! heading into 63, I am right on your tail!

Nicco, super cool about DS and such wonderful opportunity! I can't to hear where he lands!! Funny you write quiet, easy day, walk dog and just read some, relax, do some calm life day....and your kiddo is ramping up into a high active energized life to be started at college for a big career! Like the fast and the furious and then the calm and the quiet

Jazz, hot and sunny huh. at the beach, huh? OK YOU!!! I am jelly to the ultimate. we are gray and rain and brrrr and no ocean waves I tell ya girl you are so smart and fortunate you are where you want to be!! You hold onto that at all costs for sure.

be interesting to see where ya land with work. a great remote job. no daycare for Ruger. home. no commute for work. Yea sounds fab if it goes down but at least if it doesn't work you know you got a great job to keep ya busy until you switch it up again if ya want. Wild and wooly, your life. Love it!

----------------another gray brrrr icky rainy day here. days of it. I am going brain dead truly. Daily my mind is getting kid settled into college and off I go but need more time for that stuff to go down

nothing doing. ate a bite of a cupcake I bought for them. It was delish. Black forest cherry cupcakes. omg. I could have eaten 2 or 3 and I am not a cupcake fan truly but once I got that sugar cherry taste, omg I wanted tons of them LOL ugh LOL I stopped. I can take a bite or 2 of some foods ya know and be ok without issue. None at all. Then I take 1 bite of something like this, sugar loaded and I am triggered massively. big bleck, sigh on it. Good thing I know me. Won't be doing that again. Not worth the frustration of it ya know....but got thru....all fine of course

no crab legs. don't feel like going out yet. no draw to any of it right now. Told hubby we will do crab later at the little local place. Like $50 something per person so it will be expensive dinner out when we go but I think the 3 of us need an all you can eat crab night Why not it is Xmas time

just chillin' thru day doing this chore and that. gotta hit up some bathroom chores.....calgon take me away. yea right HA

be good all
  #119   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-22, 07:41

BF:

Good Morning!

8:30 already! I just crawled out of bed 45 minutes ago! I'm doing awesome at crawling back in after letting Gabby out lately. Guess it's the cold weather....those flannel sheets are fab!

Not much going today. Have to meet "M" at Betty's and then back home to chill. I'm having a DD(down day) with my eating today, so nothing special there. DH is going to grab a pizza for he and Betty tonight and eat there with her. Works for me!

---------

Trig.....Sounds like your bday went fine. You'll have your crab feast sometime soon, I'm sure. Our weather has been dreary too.....depressing.

Nic....Great news for your son! Any idea which school he's leaning toward?

Jaz.....Wondering what happened with Ruger's daycare? I'm glad you were able to find an alternate place. Hope you get details ironed out with your upcoming job(parking etc). Good luck on the interview too.

---------

I've been doing well with my Pahla B. exercise videos. I may take today off since I'm not eating much....we'll see how I feel later.

Have good days!
  #120   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-22, 08:41

BF:

Hey all!

Jaz sorry the first Ruger situation didn't pan out and glad you found something else so quickly. Curious to hear about it.
OMG 80 degrees! Can't imagine! It has been a bit on the warmer side here in DE, with a high around 63º yesterday but today it around 53 and breezy. Definitely needed a jacket but still nice. Not sit on the beach nice though!

Lori Good on you for going back to bed! At our MD home we have the microfleece fuzzy sheets on and they are glorious!

Trig I think it's great that on rare occasions you can take a bite of something and then move on and let it be. Sure does sound yummy! Right now I am steering clear of those types of things bc I don't trust myself. You have been on plan for so long and so solidly that I can see your ability to do that.

DS24 and law school decisions- he still has a ton of schools to hear from yet- I think 10 of them? Ranging from Harvard to Northwestern to a school in St Louis to Vanderbilt and Duke etc. I will be just as curious as all of you as to where he lands!

DS20 had a gig last night with his band so I'm curious to see how it went and what is posted on TikTok and Insta. They have their new release dropping tomorrow so that is pretty exciting.

Taking Bella for her Beth and nail trim etc in about 20 minutes. She has been really chewing on one of her paws the past few days and I'm not sure if it is the dental sticks, the food, or possibly just needing a nail trim, which will happen today. I'll mention it to them and also have them trim carefully around her paw pads. I don't see anything in there that might be bothering her.

Tonight is one of several meals out over the next three days. Dinner out with my Words and Wine book club. I need to come up with some book suggestions also. Should be a good time- I will preview the menu, make a good choice and also only eat to enough, I can bring the remainder home or just leave it there.

Make it a great day!
Closed Thread