Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-22, 19:01

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default LC Our Way #7 - "Let's get ready for 2023"

Here's our new thread for the coming New Year!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-22, 19:28

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

WHOOOOOOOOT!

Let's GET IT this year!!

#3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-22, 04:26

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Followed Lori as usual.

#7, does that mean we have been doing this for 7 years? WOWZA
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-22, 06:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Sitting here looking out at snow. WTF? Now it's raining and everything is a slushy mess. The joys of winter.

Trig....You asked if I still run. No....haven't run for a couple years ever since I developed hamstring tendinitis. I still get a twinge of that once in awhile. Miserable.

Things didn't go well at Betty's yesterday. She wanted to get up and transfer to her bedside commode.....I won't be doing that again. She couldn't get her legs under her to navigate and I barely got her back into bed. I hurt my back supporting basically her whole weight. I have to be firm and tell her that I simply cannot do it anymore. I'm not in a good mental place with this situation. We need to get a hospital bed in so it is easier to care for her, but she is resisting. I know we just have to put our foot down and get one. I have no idea how we'd get her from one bed to the other......that's the next problem.

I got our spare room ready for BIL this weekend and put the heavy flannel sheets on our bed. Our room is in the 50's now.....brrrrrrr.

Well, the dryer is chiming. I may run some errands later. I have to go buy a frozen ham loaf at the meat market and get some bacon & tenderloin steaks. I'm making a ham loaf for Thanksgiving and we'll eat with Betty. She doesn't eat turkey, so ham loaf it is. Easier for me anyway. I'll make her some candied sweet potatoes too. Not a big deal for me. Not a holiday person, as you know.

Sorry my posts are so blah. As I said, I'm not in a good state of mind with this patient responsibility. It's starting to get to me. The stress and worry.

Some day things will be better. I have to hold onto that thought.

Hugs to you all.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Nov-16-22 at 06:43.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-22, 08:53

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Lori- Thanks for getting the NEW thread together!
So, I was thinking about this- I think this is the 7th year on this site- but we were on another for 3-4 years before moving to this one. YAY!

I didn't know you can buy a ham loaf frozen!?!?!? Really? What holds it together? Sounds easy to thaw and serve. I might need to look and check it out. I do like ham every now and again. Yup- add sweet potatoes for the car eaters and done!

OMG Snow- gads, then rain. Miserable. You are getting what we had yesterday! Cold rain just goes right through ya!

Hoping your day gets better!!!!!
I know part of it is hanging up your clubs for the year! It makes me SAD TOO!!!!! It is a sign of the fact winter is upon us!

Why is BIL coming? Just to visit?

Trig- - Cold and sunshine! All of 42 degrees! Florida is looking good about now! HAHAHAH
Do you ever RV in the winter?

Have you ever been to the Biltmore? I know I have asked you that before but forgot your answer?!?!? I tell you the kiddo might like to see it when it is decorated for Christmas! It is magical in Christmas! My kids still talk about that trip we took, and it was 7 years ago!

So, when does Kiddo "get her temps"? Any updates on French?!?!?!?!?!?!?
IS hubby as busy this time of year as he is in the Spring/Summer?

Nic-
Safe travels today! Did you get your DE decorated? It would be fun to do a beach themed tree!
--------------------------------------------------------------

So got some intel that Charleston is taking a hard look at my info. I should know about them in a day or so. Alabama position has closed, so that leaves Memphis, and Tampa still possible. I also put in an application for a WFH gig that is super $$. I could take that one first and then go back to traveling. I would love to hit up St. Simon and work from home making money, than in a facility. Whichever comes first though.

I feel so stressed right now. I feel like I have thrown all my balls in the air and just sorta watching where they land! I am stress eating and need to reel that in ASAP! Up 2 MORE pounds= 4 up! Not cool.

REBOOT TODAY- SERIOUSLY- REBOOT! Hate bloaty and the 4 pounds up. I have worked SO hard to get it off. I knew I should not have said anything. I am mad at myself over it too!
RESET-BBBE for as long as it takes to hit my new low. Then go on from there. Small blip, over it.

My DS is coming Sunday- and let the Holiday drama begin. I just hate holidays. Now my son said he is NOT going to my Aunts house because she is currently coughing and on ABX and steroids. She sounded terrible when I spoke to her last night. I don't know how I feel about it either! My DD on the other hand is like "she has a week to recover and is on ABX" MEH....... she is going. Sighhhhhhhhhh

Today- I need to pack a box or two or three. I went through my kitchen stuff last night and am going to give my DD some super nice stainless pots and pans I don't use. I drag this stuff around over and over and never use it. She would really use it. I find that being single I have 3-4 pans/pots I use as my go to's and that is it. I don't need shelf after shelf of pots and pans. Some are brand new and never used. They are still shiny- she will love them.

Well need to get busy. Jammie day, packing day, and tying up some loose ends. Need to schedule my electric cable to be turned off next month!

Later gators!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-22, 08:59

BF:

Jaz.....The hamloaf is frozen raw. You thaw it, bake it....and then serve. Yummy!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-22, 12:37

BF:

WHOOT WHOOT WHOOT -

Guess who is going to spend her Christmas in Charleston SC! I leave here in 3 weeks and arrive in Charleston the week of the 4th of Dec and will be there until March 11th min. May be longer.

Off to find a place to live, pack a box, have more wine, and find a dog sitter, dc my utilities, contact a moving company, find storage, oh and plan for my son to arrive- HOLT SH!T can on say stressed.

I know this is trivial- but I want to start my new position at a low not fat and bloated! STRICT no frills BBBE. I want these 5 pounds back off! NOT OK!
Other than my bloat issue I am thrilled. WOW like overnight my life exploded.

NEVER A DULL MOMENT! I just can't wait - new adventures.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-22, 14:21

BF:

JAZ!!!!
What a great way to start off this new thread!!
CHARLESTON!! What fun!!

Obviously it will be stressful to get a place and get settled but at least you know what is up, and where etc. Very happy for you!!

Lori, I appreciate that you are saying that enough is enough with having boundaries around what you can reasonably do for Betty. You all have worked hard to honor her wishes, but she isn't going to get everything that she wants. She will surely recognize that in time, even if not right away.

Trig, I hope all is well, and you aren't a frozen little Trigsicle!

Back home, Jiggitty jog! The drive back home was super easy and not a problem. I had my coffee and some bacon that I baked. It was sad to leave, knowing I won't be back until the beginning of December, but it's time to get this house decorated and also to have the kids come. The other kids don't know it yet but DS24 and DIL will not be able to come home for Christmas, so this will be our big family holiday.

I think they may be able to come home after the 26th possibly, so this will be our opportunity to try to figure out how to manage it. I would personally be fine just having Christmas dinner here with whomever is here and waiting to celebrate Christmas until they can be here and do the whole thing with us. In the whole scheme of things which day we celebrate, doesn't make a big difference to me as long as we can celebrate together. Rob and I will talk about it and see if we're on the same page.

Food wise and everything else wise, life is going well and smoothly. I have no complaints and I'm lucky to be able to say that!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-22, 21:17

BF:

Guess what! After serious looking and looking and looking and looking. Darn the price for a place to stay is OFF THE CHAIN in Charleston. But I found a place on Johns Island. Google it. It is more wildlife, beaches, and dunes. I am staying there for my first two months. Wished it was the full 3, but I will deal with that last month later! I have my foot in the door.
Beautiful 1 bed with sleeper sofa for guests, in condo complex, 2 baths, and full pool, work out room, walking trails, and beach in 10 min, downtown Charleston 15 min and work 12 min. ALL good.

You know I am going to fall in love and never leave................ 4 beaches in 30 minutes, 2 beaches in 10, and and and and ........ Super excited.

Now to pack.............. One thing at a time.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-17-22, 05:45

BF:

Good Morning!

Planning on doing a whole bunch of nothing today. I'll get a workout in, but other than that.....nada. The scale bounced up for me too. Still in my "window", but tapping on the glass! I want a couple pounds off pronto!

---------

Jaz......I'm dying to hear about your Charleston job! Is it in a hospital? What will your duties be? I also can't wait to hear about your new digs! At least you have some time to figure out the last month. Too bad you can't stay in the apt you found for the whole time.

Trig.....Hope DD passes the driver's exam on the next try. Probably just a trick question! How is the French catch-up work coming along?

Nic....So, you'll have a houseful for T-giving? Sounds like a nice family time. Yes, as the kids get older and have extended family, things change for holidays. We have always just gone with the flow and not put pressure on the kids to be here for everything. Luckily, the holidays just aren't that big a deal for me anymore. I'm just as happy not to have to do all the work involved. I'm lazy!

-----------

Have good days!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-17-22, 06:28

BF:

Lori do you miss your morning jogging? I remember you doing so well in Charleston when we hit the waterfront park so early in the morning I just never saw ya type anymore on it and thought, is she doing any of that anymore? feel for ya on the leg issues that stopped ya!

Sorry on Betty. If she 'becomes a dead lift ' which is what they call it when applying for nursing care I would seriously consider putting her in a facility. This is when big accidents can happen. We ain't got the power and correct med supplies etc to make it all work to her best life forward ya know. I know you are feeling that big stress!~ It is hard as hell, not a doubt about that

Nicco, I AM A frozen Trigsicle!!! too funny
weather is just off the chain icky for me. I am not this person so I know moving when I get a chance more south is a definite!

Your holidays will work fine if you go with the flow. The youngers got their plans, who shows up when will do just that and you bob and weave and just have good times

I ain't barely decorting squat around here LOL

Jazz..............yea what is the job? remote? or have to 'to go to work' cause ya mentioned a dog sitter? ya get health ins. with them too? WE ALL curious.

Johns Island....very cool. been there, super nice area!!!! it is that 'ideal location' for sure when one wants near the beach but in a real area for a good lifestyle!

Email us PICS of your new place or any info....you know we ALL gotta see it LOL

Super happy things are going well now for ya!! while stressed to make it happen, you will and in the end you got good income and will be secure in it all. super great!!

Biltmore. went long ago like 30 yrs ago when I moved down south. means squat to me. kid went on field trip from school to it and enjoyed it but meant squat to her too HAHA hell the tickets for xmas I think are like $95 per person or something crazy like that now....but not bad cost when ya get to wander all ya want but for me....I am so over that type of sightsee stuff kinda ya know.

I loved loved loved near Savannah at St.. James Island the car drive light show they put on....now that is my kinda thing I also like hitting Brookgreen gardens for their lighted decorated light path. So cool but Biltmore while I am sure is fab has no draw to me for some reason LOL just me

------------kiddo submitted work but no grades yet, still holding at a 39 grade....omg.....teacher said if she gets all work in on time and at least 70 and above on all she WILL pass so that is what I am hounding her to do.

So I got a junk email. never look at them but this one I did. Birthdate.com. OK....said we will astrogloical sign and give a reading on the exact moment of birthday and birthtime and a 'scented candle for that astrology sign' for the personality traits and a 'book with moon signs at moment of birth' and more........great kiddo present for Xmas LOL

$133 for fancy candle with astrology reading on it and then I got the book that is labeled and dedicated to her birth time and hour and all info 'about that day' and her then astrology and her future astrology to come..........very cool..........ya know I need 'something' personal and different and crazy and this foot the bill.

yea happy over a present to get the kid vs what she asked for. didn't ask for much thank heavens so not buying much.

I think a box of 'money' like 20s and 10s will be her final present.....getting older cash rules HAHA I know she will be happy to get that in a big ol' box

oh hubby works like 6 days a week. they gave him a raise to $13 an hr....lol...which he is happy with but also wanna hire him so bad. they keep him super busy and his boss guy Levi wants him in parts dept, but now Leslie with the drivers has him going to Tennesee alot on drives and he ain't getting home til like 8-9 at night.......he is a worker for sure, eh, keeps him hopping and out of my hair HAHA

got burger and chicken for today. just doing zc as usual.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-17-22, 07:23

BF:

Morning all-

I am hitting the ground RUNNING! - Stopping long enough to have a cup of coffee and type to you all. It is what keeps me in check, and sane at times. This is one of those times! It puts me in a stop and pause, take a breath, chat up my gal pals like any NORMAL day. I have a feeling though that the next 2 weeks will be anything but "normal".

On the other hand, very normal for gypsy living! Do you know there is a page for travel nurses on FB called the traveling gypsies! I had to laugh. It is all about housing for us that travel for a living! HA- see I knew that shoe fit!

Lori- - hoping your rain has moved out and you got some sunshine!

Are you ready for your house guest? Is BIL coming for a Thanksgiving something? Seems odd he would just "drop in". Doesn't he just live 2 hours away? Very odd...............
Hubby hunting again? Does he always take GS along? I heard as a hunter one should never go alone just in case. I not sure what the "in case" means.
However, I don't think I would venture into the woods alone, rifle or not! I would take our very own Annie Oakly, Trig! HAHAHA

Trig- Speaking of you....... hahahaha. Did I miss that Kiddo has to retake a driving test? Was it a question, or behind the wheel?

Are you doing anything for Thanksgiving? Your one bro and family live pretty close, don't they? I tell ya, I feel the same way just not into holiday crap like I was when younger. It seems to me to have too much family drama.

Did you ever get your crab legs? They had them on sale again for 14.99 at Kroger's. They are spindly anemic looking legs, I would not pay 3 bucks for them!

What's on the dinner menu?

Nic- I am sure you will decorate up the MD house in fine fashion! You have 2-3 trees there, don't you? So, what is Thanksgiving looking like for you? Who all is coming? DETAILS!

Truly your life sounds so balanced right now. I just love it. I am guessing your classes are over and you aren't taking anything right now. When are you headed back to DE?
----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on the TILT a WHEEL of life right now. It's funny that one second, I have not a thing going on- then WHOOSH, a million things at one time. I guess I wouldn't be so under the gun, if I didn't have a move, and my son coming in the middle of all of it.
I have soooooo much paperwork to produce, a class to take on Sat. For my CPR, and holy crap the list is long.
BREATHE JAZ............. I need a list. I do not think I have juggled these many balls at one time.

I tried to tell my son that next week is NOT A GOOD TIME. I thought he was going to cry. Now I feel like a bad mom and relented he can come. He just needs to stay out from under my feet. He is a typical man child in that he loves to be served, and pampered, and made meals, and hang out and talk and chatter non-stop. I get it, he lives states away and when he comes, he wants undivided attention. Sighhhhhhhhhhh.......

I built in a week off when I get to Charleston to decompress before I start work. That will be my mini vacay to find my North before plowing into a new job. There are many beaches in that area, and seafood. Yes seafood! I just love the smell of saltwater. I get the entire SaltLife bumper sticker. It is a WAY of life I choose to life.

HAHA- I just sent off a text to a friend of mine. It said "I don't want to Adult today". I love it- as the kids goes back to bed. I need a Tee shirt with that saying. Boy don't we all feel that way sometimes.

I have reset the WOE button and am back down 3/5 and think that it will come back off fast as it was sodium and water. I feel better.
Yesterday I just had 2 hamburgers with mustard/mayo and a dill pickle. Called it a day. I was fine.

Today: Juicy thick T-bone with my name on it. It was on sale.

Ok- I am going to make a list: and go from there..............
I am sucking it up buttercup- gotta run!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-17-22, 09:26

BF:

Hey Peeps!

Always nice when everyone checks in.

Jaz, very excited that you found a place to live and can't wait to hear more about it. What will be your capacity in this traveling nurse job? Any idea what type of patients, department etc?

Yeah I agree with you that isn't a good time for your son to come and I likely would have relented too. It's one thing if they have a spouse or family or something but yeah, you will be glad to have him I bet. Keep him busy and make him walk Ruger a bunch!

Good job on getting the 3/5 back off!

Lori, enjoy your down day today! It's good to have days like that.

I'm not hosting T-day- we always have it at my SIL's so I just contribute fruit and artichoke dip and am otherwise off the hook. Love that!

DS24 and DIL- not sure which house they are staying at. Whichever is fine with me. DS20 (nearly 21!) will be here at our house and of course DD and SoIL will be at their house but around off and on. Works for me!

Trig, YAAAAYYYY for Dd getting her work in!! That's a big relief, I know. Hopefully she can get that 70 and be good to go. All her other classes are going well, I presume?

Good on finding her a gift too. Most of my peeps have coughed up some kind of list at this point. I will be buying stuff next week and having most shipped to DE so it will be tax free. Love that perk!

The drive to, and from Delaware is one that I've become quite fond of. I put on a podcast and listen to a few episodes and lo and behold. I'm back home again. I just renewed SiriusXM. I was going to drop it because I largely listen to Spotify or podcasts but they offered me a year for $82. Hard to resist that so I went ahead and kept it for another year.

I don't think I shared the awesome news about DS20. He called me the other day. He got the highest test score and set the curve on his exam in accounting and he also got a 95 on his stats exam so he is killing it in his business classes, and basically in college life in general. I am so proud of that kid and how well he has come into his own and is managing the things that he enjoys and also quite frankly the things that he doesn't necessarily enjoy, but needs to be doing anyway. He also called me about needing to replace tires before he drives home for Thanksgiving. Who even is this kid!?

All is well here otherwise. I have to get a Covid test today or tomorrow in preparation for a medical procedure I'm having done on Tuesday. That's about it for today. I will take the dog for a walk even though it's windy. I'll just bundle up. At least it's sunny, which helps!

Make it a great day!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-22, 05:00

BF:

Good Morning!

Brrrr......Winter is here! It could be worse.....have you heard what Buffalo is going to get slammed with? Isn't it like 4-5 FEET of snow? WTH? I would shoot myself in the head.

Today I have to meet "M" at Betty's at 10 and then her Podiatrist is making a home visit around 1. I'll go up for that too to see what he has to say.

I'm going to bake a pie for DH today. A milk pie. Some call it a sugar pie. It is just basically milk and sugar and it bakes to a creamy pie. It is actually quite good. I hope I can stay out of it! His Mom used to make them quite often, so it's a treat for him when I make one.

---------

Nic.....Your son is surprising you at every turn! That is so awesome. You did a great job with all your kids.

Trig.....Wow! DH is working a lot of hours. It's nice that he enjoys what he's doing.

Jaz.....Dying to hear what your new job is all about. Is it in a hospital setting?

----------

Over & out!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-22, 06:45

BF:

Nicco, super cool your son is so bright and has that ambition to grab it and all! Love that coming 'into smarts' when one is younger but they get it ya know. I mirror what Lori said, you did a great job raising that bunch of yours!!!

Lori, omg 4-5 ft snow. didn't see that, dont wanna LOL
super cold here too. has shut me down truly! ugh

I know the 'buttermilk pie' it is called down South. You like it? omg I think it is just sugar in gel form on a plate LOL but hubby bought one the other day and ate the whole thing himself. Me and kid won't touch it HAHA but it is cool you are making one for your DH. I still make small simple cakes for the Chop and he loves that 'I bake' for him...ugh..but hey, we gotta keep the romance fire burning LOL yea right

Jaz you got alot on your plate but ya make it work every time.
hey send us a link to your rental on Johns Island to us gals, yes yes I am goading ya on your time but darn I wanna sett it LOL

----------------today is simple. making some mini meat loaves to eat over the next days. got chicken and steaks around so my food is defrost and eat and repeat so no new info on my food intake HAHA

Cold as hell. I can't function truly. I am almost in total shut down mode. I must and will consider a move to hot weather literally or my life ain't gonna move forward in any fine way for this ol' gal Sooner than later is my thoughts and working on that change but damn if not still 'constrained' thru life crap to get'er done right now. Soon tho, soon!!!

nothing much more, usual crap. hands frozen just typing this post ------be good all
Closed Thread