Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 21:46

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default increased loss

Hi Everyone,
I have been on Schwarzbein since Feb. 1, 2002. At first my weight loss was very slow. About 2 pounds a month. Lots of stalls and frustration. I felt better immediately and I have kept with it. I am here to report that it seems the speed of my weight loss has increased. Does this mean my metabolism is healing? I cannot say that I have changed anything about what I have been doing, but I have found the weight loss to have increased. I think this is very good news and I am wondering if any one who has been following this program has had a similar experience.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 22:46
Registered Member

Plan: Modified
Stats: 340/311/260 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default HI

I started loosing at a great pace but then slowed down. I am hoping to continue loosing soon but if not I will stick with it anyways. Way to go with hanging in there until it worked for you. A lot of people don't loose and get discouraged.

Congrats and keep it up!!!!

CK
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 08:33

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 178/158/145
BF:36%/23.5%/22.5%
Progress: 61%

Hi Judy!

I am also a verrrrrrry slow loser. I have hardly lost anything since I started in early May, 2002. In fact I thought I'd lost 8 lbs., but about 3 weeks ago, all of a sudden I was up 4 lbs. I'm probably entering menopause so I hope that's part of it. So far though, I'm still up those nasty 4 lbs. I'm also working out religiously. I've started recently doing FitDay, everyday, so I'll have some record of my carbs. I've lost some inches but nothing like a dress size yet.

I've kept with this program because I feel really good and I'm getting great support from you guys.

As far as your progress, from everything we've read about Dr. S
s program you must be healing your metabolism. Hopefully, her next book will enlighten us further.

BTW, were you a yo-yo dieter?

Susan
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 09:57

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Thanks for your encouragement, Judy. I have been in a 7-weeks stall and just today I broke it. I started at the same time you did and lost fairly well the first two months, then it slowed way down until I stalled. I am hoping that I will start to lose again at least a pound or three a month.

Your progress is very encouraging to me.

Thanks!

;-Deb
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 10:27

BF:

Well you know now that I think about it, I have always been the backasswards kid. Everything happens to me backwards. I cannot explain it, but it seems to be my norm.

Yes Flamingo, I was a yo yo dieter, but not to an extreme. I would diet every few years and fall off the wagon and do the cycle. Exrecise, I think is the final key that I put into place. Although I am not perfect in attendance, the treadmill is my friend when I'm not working double shifts. Shifting from fat to muscle is great for the body , but a little frustrating for the mind. Stay off the scale.

Thanks everybody for your nice words. I hope I can keep this pace up I seem to be losing abot 3 pounds at a time. I don't weigh very often. About every 2 weeks or so.

Time for my sausage, eggs, and spinach breakfast. I'll check in later.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 12:11

Dr. S. says that the more we yo-yo the more resistant our metabolisms are. Of the dozen or so programs I followed to lose weight over many years, this one, by far, is the most sensible and the first one I've done that didn't feel like I was depriving myself.

Patience is my new mantra.

Susan
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 15:39

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Congratulations to Judy and Deb!

Flamingo, we'll still let you hang around, even though you're a little slower sometimes.

CK, it's great having you here! We all have to stick together in this!

I wanted to let you know about a thread that's going on in the countdown club, which is a challenge to NOT CHEAT UNTIL LABOR DAY (go figure).

Here's the link, hope it works.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=54128

I just heard about it from a lovely lady (starchile) whom I met in the Triple Digits Club (forum here for those of us who need to lose more than 99 pounds, hence triple digits). I had no idea there was so many specialty forums here, just thought it was broken down into the different diets and journals and articles.

There is so much to do here--gone exploring!

Anyway, if you would like to join the challenge, c'mon over!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 23:57

BF:

Come on Betty, "we don't need no stinkin challenge" .(I don't need no stinkin badges either) Those of us on SP never cheat. We don't have to. This is a gimme. I really do not cheat. I think that is one of the reasons my weight loss is improving. I have really given my body 6 months to heal with out interference from the evil that lurks everywhere in my life.
Because of the support of this forum and my DH I have come a long way. I'm singing next month and I have this fabulous sequin top that I have not worn for almost 10 years. I tried it on today and let's just say I looked marvelous! ! I can't wait for the concert so I can sparkle.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 08:04

Remember TheBetty, the turtle won the race.......

#10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 12:14

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Poor Betty, being flamed, but here goes.

There is no such thing as cheating on TSP. We have so much variety that you can work almost anything into the plan. Plus, I don't believe in cheating, it's a nasty word. I prefer to use the term indulgence. And it should be planned.

I had an indulgence recently. My first since I started -- no my second. I went to the movies (The Importance of Being Earnest, if you have a chance to see it, do, it's great!) and got myself a small popcorn with lots and lots of real butter. And even that works because popcorn is on one of the lists, which we don't have to be tied down to anyway.

BTW: Betty, thanks for the congrats. I'm almost there. Maybe this week.

;-Deb
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 12:40

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Cool It's just for fun !

Sheesh, lighten up people!

I think it's fun to have a challenge!

To cheat or not to cheat? Okay, if you want to say OVER INDULGE, maybe that's the ticket, eh?

I have "cheated" on SP. By eating more carbs than "allowed" for my given stomach size and activity level. Technically, since it's a way of life, I suppose there really isn't cheating, as you mention, DebPenny, but you know what I mean when I say "cheat."

I do like the planning of the treat, like you say Deb. I find that when I plan way ahead for my cheat/treat/indulgence (I hoped this place was free of having to be politically correct, but I was wrong ) I tend to just skip it altogether and not cheat.

I don't know why that is, but I just don't feel like having the treat when the time comes to do so. I'm weird, I know. I've been told that many times by people who know me personally.

In fact, I was just made fun of in the cheese crisp thread about my goat blob dressing. I'm still laughing from that one.

Go ahead Flame Me! I can take it!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 23:33

BF:

As for myself I keep my tongue deeply embedded on the side of my cheek. It is hard to joke and jest in print when people can't see your face or really know you. It struck me kinda funny when the comment came across about the pledges. As my mind is want to do, I free associated to another phrase. Sorry if I seemed too critical. It was not my intent. I went over and lurked on the don't cheat challenge and they are having a good time. If I was on Atkins I would join the party. It is true there is strength in numbers. More power to the people.