Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 05:51

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Stuck!!!!!!!!!!!.

hi,I found this site last night and I am realy desperate as I have been on ATKINS for 5 weeks now and yet I have only lost 9lbs!.I also logged on to FITDAY.com.and got a fright because in it,s gram counter it gives suger free jelly as having 172 carbs per cup and as I have a bowel of it every morning for breakfest with 4 strawberries and 2tbl of cream,I am worried that this is the cause of my not loseing weight.Anyone from Ireland will know the brand "birds suger-free jelly" on the pack it says carbs11.5 per100g and per serving-.4g.So you can see why I am so worried!,in every other respect I seem to be following the diet to the letter.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 04:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 218/198/168 Female 1.5m
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hi There

I think having lost 9lb is very good. When I first started Atkins along with some friends, they all lost big for the first few weeks whilst I only lost 1 or 2lb per week. I was so disheartened and was going to stop. It was then I realised how much healthier I felt (heartburn totally gone) and I decided to keep going. Having been on it for some 6 months now (with a few cheats along the way) I am 2 stones lighter. I am really, really chuffed with this because never have I had such a success whilst not suffering and going without.

I notice this post was in November so hopefully you have had some more success since posting. This forum is ideal too for getting help and support.

I wish you well
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 14:48

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

Hi Carmel W

I've been meaning to send you a note but I see you still don't have a journal, so I guess I'll try to catch you from this post. You were looking for carb counts on items and I would recommend going to the top of this page to the orange bar and use the low carb tools. There is a place where you can enter in the stats of food and it will give you the true carb count, that’s if the manufacturer have it listed. Not sure what it like in Ireland but in Canada we are fortunate that almost everything has nutritional labels.

Also you asked in another post how Imber could have lost so much weight in such a short time, well he’s a guy and they make it look disgustingly easy so don’t try to compare yourself with their progress.

And 19 pounds gone is fantastic. Until my stall I was averaging about 1.5 pounds a week and I feel the slower it takes to come off the less likely I’ll gain it back.

Good luck to you.

Kelly

#4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 07:11

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%

kelly l,thanks for the encouragement.Yes I know men seem to be able to lose their weight soooooo much faster then us,a mans world or what?,and I have given up on the "quick fix"idea and am quite pleased with my results thus far.This new year I feel so much more positive about myself and what I can lose in my weight.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 17:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/232/196 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 32%

Jq woyld like to say hhiiiiiiiiiiiiii