Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 03:40

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 231/202/154 Female 5ft 4inches
BF:37%/34.1%/25%
Progress: 38%

Hi everyone, I have good news today, firstly I lost 5lbs this week I did try very hard, still could'nt resist my bottle of wine, but that not only brings my loss up to 11lbs, I have also past the 15stone barrier now I can tell everyone Im 14 stone something, if you know what I mean, I hope you are all as pleased with yourself as I am, will we all have our final weight in on wednesday, and then of course think of another challange because yummy easter is coming
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 10:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/149/125 Female 5feet 2inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hello all!

Great job Glenellen. You must be so happy. WTG!

I lost 2.5 this week leaving me .5 away from my mini goal of 10 lbs. I am fairly certain I can reach that by wednesday.An Easter challenge sounds great. I hope you will all let me stick around after Wednesday. Your suppot has been realy great and knowing I have to weigh in once a week really has kept me on track.
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 14:26

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi,sorry I'm so late posting this week,but I went out at 5.30pm yesterday to meet some friends for 2 glasses of wine and surprise surprise! got home at 12.30am in top form,however I have to say am not feeling in such great form now ,serves me right,Atkins hangovers are truly from hell.How I did not cheat when my friends stopped for chips I will never know.Anyway I woke up at 6a.m. feeling awfull and went into the bathroom stepped on the scales and I had lost 3.5lbsgreat, but by 8a.m. when I had to get up I was back to the 2lbs loss I had yesterday morning so long story short my weight loss for this week is 2lbs.Not bad but no way will I make the ST.Patrick's day deadline as I have only lost 8lbs since Feb 13. But hey Glenellen way to go !!!!5lbs I can only dream of such a woosh ,keep up whatever it is you are doing.
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 05:14

Stats: 249/232/196 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 32%

I'm new to this forum but just wondering if after St Patricks Days will someone set a mini goal for some other day I'm like to join and the posters in this Irish forum seen to be few and far between

All the Best
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 12:04
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi all, lost another pound this week, Hm, wonder if I can lose 5 more by Wednesday to reach my goal for this challenge...somehow I don't think so! But at least I am going in the right direction. I must say it is very frustrating to lose so slowly, but I know from this forum that the last 20 lbs. are always hard, so I am really not too discouraged. I haven't weighed 175 since before my last baby was born 15 yrs. ago, therefore will have that to celebrate on St. Patrick's day! I will check back on Wed., maybe I'll have a major woosh, miracles do happen!

Liz
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 14:08

BF:

Hi Lizwhip ,congrats on your weight loss.I to feel I will not make the challange on the 17,and I am feeling a bit down as the last challange I took part in I reached my target one week in advance.I was feeling so dejected yesterday that I reread my Adkins book and this morning restarted induction to see if it will kick-start my stall,and allready I'm missing my 2squares of l.c. chocolate,just goes to show how dependent I have become on my little fix!!..I hope to only have to do 1 week on induction and hopefully lose 4lbs.Dumbletore ,I agree we should do another challange,perhaps one that would take us up to MayDay?, let me know what everyone else thinks.I also agree with you about the lack of posts on this site,I thought a lot of Irish people had started Adkins and I hoped this would become a lively site ,but not so far .I now spend most of my time just browsing around the other sites for support and information.
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 07:12

Hi everyone and welcome Dumbletore, and a happy paddy's day to all, carmal may-day sounds good to me, well done everyone with your weight loss, there's no point being disappointed with one's self, we all lost weight and enjoyed it at the same time, scarlet you sound so in controll (good on you girl) and liz I hope that miracle happened for you, because a miracle happened me, that im still the same weight after the booze up I had all week, on our next challange lets all check in a couple of times a week, because like carmel im wandering around the other forums and its a shame no-one else is interested in this one, but maybe we will get more support next time
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 14:24

BF:

Beannacht Feile Padraig Diobh!!!.My final weigh in for this challange-I lost 10lbs, 4lbs short of my target.Oh well could be worse I suppose I could have gained that amount of weight ,which would have been a distinct possibility had I not started this wol.I am all up for another challange May Day with the weigh in on Friday as before.Do we need to post a new thread to start this off?.I started back on induction on Monday did not have one drink to wet ST.Pat's head!!so I am realy hopeing to speed up my weight loss,am only going to do it untill Friday ,then it's back to my few glasse's of white wine!.Glenellen I would love to chat a few times per week as I spend time each evening on the other forums because as you say this forum is so quite.Good luck to everone else on reaching their challanges.
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 14:28

Stats: 230/149/125 Female 5feet 2inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi all and happy St. Paddy's Day.
I managed to reach my mini goal just this morning. I am very happy about it. I think checking in here has really kept me on track. I totally appreciate all your support. I hope you will allow me to stick around here for your next challenge because you all definately played a part in my losing at all.
I am not totally in control. As it is my birthday I am having a planned cheat today. Chinese food and cheesecake. I hope it will not hurt too much.
Congratulations on all of your loses. Every little bit counts.
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 16:59
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Alas, no miracle this morning, but it's ok, I am pleased with my 5 lb. loss, even though it is only half of what I was shooting for. 10 lbs. was a little ambitious when I am not willing to give up my wine or lc beer! I don't exercise either, and now I think I might be ready to start, which is saying a lot for me. Hearing about how some of you are exercising away makes me think I can do it too (Carmel!). Hmm, does thinking about exercise help with weight loss? Hey, I just bent down and picked up a pencil, does that count?

I would be up for another challenge, any date that ya'll want to pick is fine with me. This is a nice group, and you are all trying so hard and succeeding that you really do keep me motivated! Happy St. Patrick's day!

Liz
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 14:10

BF:

Lizwhip, belive me if I can exercise anybody (any shape!!!) can, AND to the owner of my local pub met me in town I had not seen him since Jan. and he said he did not recognize me I went about the rest of the day on cloud 9.The Mayday challange kicks off tomorrow night ok.
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 04:30

Hi all and well done, yes carmel I do think you should post a new thread it might encourage other folks to pop in and have a look and they might even go for the challange, so will I have a look in the irish forum later and see a may-day challange and last but not least HAPPY BIRTHDAY scarlet
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 17:09

where is everyone gone???