Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 12:11

Plan: general lc
Stats: 262/196.2/175 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Due in Fall 2006 !!!

Well... I'm pregnant. I can't believe it. Anyone else due in the late summer/early fall this year ? I'd love to find some gals to share the experience with. I am 36 btw, so also looking for ladies that are 35+, but I welcome friends of any age to share this amazing time with. This is also my first pregnancy.

My EDD is Sep 25, 2006. I'm terrified and totally excited all at once. We just found out yesterday. I have a doc appt next Thursday. I'm nervous about the weight issue but not going to freak out over it hopefully. Pants are alreeady tight in the gut. Yikes !

Tina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: mixin' it up
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5'8"
BF:too much
Progress: 33%

Hey there,
I am 31 year old and due August 1. This will be baby number two for us. I am being really weight concious this time around. Last time I drank root beer and ate cheeseburgers....

Best of luck with your pregnany...it is a wild ride.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 14:29

Plan: ---
Stats: 199/189/165 Female 179cm
BF:39/33,7/25
Progress: 29%

Hello!

I'm due Sep 21 with my second baby. My boy will be 2, March 8th. And I'm 32.

So far so good. 5th week.

And how are you feeling?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 14:38

BF:

I'm feeling okay other than bloated and really sore boobs..lol. I'm also pretty tired at night. I haven't had any morning sickness so to speak yet.

So... reading through some health/pregnancy books they recommend you eat quite a bit of breads etc.. Have you guys low carbed at all while pregnant ? Lots of grains and fruit ? Did you gain alot?

Thanks ! Tina
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 15:18
Don't Call Me Sugar

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/287/230 Female 65 inches
BF: :^( :^| :^)
Progress: 10%

Carby things have tended to give me heartburn. You may crave a little more carbs, but keeping them reasonable is a great idea.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 15:33

BF:

I have no intention of eating a bunch of them. I have hardly eaten any grains since Sep 2002, and don't plan on adding them back in now to a major extent. I just don't want to jeopardize the health of the baby of course.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 15:58
Don't Call Me Sugar

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/287/230 Female 65 inches
BF: :^( :^| :^)
Progress: 10%

What I meant was, I think low-carbing is quite safe. I wouldn't go induction-low, but in my case that would slow my thyroid anyway - bad idea.

I haven't eaten much in the way of grains (occasional steel-cut oats or tortilla chips). I doubt there's much in grains that you can't get somewhere else.
Oh yeah, I craved cereal once or twice, so I got some and ate it. I figured, what the heck.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 16:02

BF:

Luckily, I am not a sugar freak so that won't be an issue. I used to be a carb addict but have gotten that pretty much under control the last couple years. One of big biggest downfalls was alcohol which is not an option anymore so hopefully if I just continue to eat pretty much the way I do with maybe a little more leniency for what I really crave. A little more plain yogurt and fruit and I think I will be fine ! i already eat a lot of protein and veggies.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 16:40
Registered Member

alcohol was my downfall too. of course, i am not drinking now but before i became pregnant again i loved to have a few drinks!!!

i would work out, eat low carb, and then have wine with that steak and salad...

in fact, i was pretty sure i'd lose weight while pregnant because i couldn't have a beer.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 17:53

BF:

Did you lose any just by cutting out the drinks ? Have you gained much yet this pregnancy ? I am totally obsessing about it but for the first time in my adult life I should just relax and not TRY to lose weight. Maintain and gain as little as possible yes, but not actively try to lose. What a concept !
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 18:52
Registered Member

no weight loss, but no significant gain. so far i have gained about three pounds and i am 12 weeks as of yesterday. i am suprised i have no lost weight because i have had morning (really afternoon) sickness since i was about five weeks along. i get sick atleast once a day. also, i am busy chasing a toddler around and 6th graders around at work too. go figure....i am glad to have you all to chat with!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 18:13

BF:

When you say "get sick" are you actually barfing up food ? sorry that very gross and personal..lol. I just haven't experienced it (yet)
Tina
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 20:17
Registered Member

mainly dry heave but yeah sometimes food too. it is horrible but my sister claims it is a sign of a healthy pregnancy...i did not experience morning sickness for this long with my son...some have said you are sicker with a girl

who knows. i did not get sick today though. although i am sickened that my panthers are losing to the seahawks!

i need to exercise tomorrow!!!!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 10:16

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi, I'm also 36 & found out that I'm pregant a couple of weeks ago. I've been pregant for about two months before I found out so I'm about 12 weeks too. This is my first also, which is probably why I didn't realize sooner that I'm pregant. I'm not sure of the due date yet. Thrusady I go see the DR again & then we should find out. But I'm guessing end of July or early August.
I'd love to keep in touch since we are all due around the same time.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 13:25

Plan: ---
Stats: 199/189/165 Female 179cm
BF:39/33,7/25
Progress: 29%
Thumbs up

I had the first doctor's appointment today.
The baby's 3,4 mm. 6 full weeks today. Everything's fine. I saw the beating heart! The doctor told me the due date's Sep 17.

I'm relieved...